Thread: God of War 3

Purslow's Avatar Ducenarius

Default God of War 3

"GOD OF WAR 3 IS THE BEST GOD OF WAR YET!!" I've heard this phrase thrown around alot recently by many people from many different sources but PERSONALLY i dont see the fuss, its a good game i will admit but i still think the game should have ended at number one.

This amazing hack and slasher we all know and mostly love has left many a finger sore after the 2nd or 3rd run through but after 2 games i found it........dare i say repetitive. I would have prefered the game to end at number one myself, a nice ending all wrapped up in a neat little package where low and behold you do become the 'God of War' and life goes on. But in the second game when your powers are stripped away does that not result in you ceasing to be the 'God of War' that the game is named after? I know some of you will say it doesn't matter its only a game but still, you are playing a game where you only become the god of war at the end of the first game and cease being the god at the beginnning of the 2nd, a very short life span especially for a god.

Anyway away from my tangent, am i the only one who can see the bad in god of war 3? i must admit there isnt much there, it looks amazing, playing the game is fun and the combat is engrossing (and violent, we all love violence after all) but there was a feeling nagging at me the entire time i played GOW3, the deja vu, the thought that "I know ive done this before" sometimes it can be nostalgic such as going and seeing your first primary school or going back to play the original super smash bros, but God of war really isnt't old enough to create this sense of deja vu and get away with it. Some of you may think "Yes but its the games formula, button mashing FTW" but after a second game of this "bulletproof" concept, i found that 3 times really wasnt the charm. Its lack of imaginative ways to change the combat coupled with the battles feeling like they were replays of earlier in the game rather than completely different fights creates a somewhat dull expreience that left me yawning on a number of occasions (this was during my second playthrough however).

I'm not writing this to tell you GOW3 sucks because it really doesnt, it is an incredibly good game, but i just wish to know what other people out there think about the GOW3 game and the GOW series as a whole.

So i put the question forward, Is God of War 3 REALLY the best God of War there is? And why do you think it is/isn't the best?

Thanks for your time and i look forward to hearing your opinions

(just like to point out i know this game isnt 'new' but i posted this on another forum and wanted to share it here )

EDIT: Sorry i didn't do a full scale review, i'm incredibly busy .Also i'd like it if you guys could give me feedback on my 'review' (although id call it my opinion lol), PM or post please, thanks guys
    Last edited by Purslow; May 31, 2010 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks to Master Necromancer