Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fäderneslandet (swedish unit pack) Beta

Default Fäderneslandet (swedish unit pack) Beta

Fäderneslandet (swedish unit pack) Beta

pic by ♔Luckylewis♔

First of all, this is a beta! There are still some small issues i want to adress and some things i want to add, but the mod is completely playable. (Unless i have messed up horribly. Then you will die in agony as your computer explodes in a ball of fire and destruction.. but i think i fixed that bug.)

If you play the mod please give me some feedback and tell me if you find any problems. This is why i posted this beta. I have taken it about as far as i can on my own and now i need your input to help me with the details

If you have any requests about adding units, please post some reference pictures to go along with that request.

Q: What the #¤"! does it do?
    A: This mod replaces most of the units for the swedish faction and add a lot of new ones. But there's a little twist to it. You can only recruit regular troops in your starting zones (sweden and Finland)
    Anywhere else you will need to rely on militia units and Borgerskaps units for quick reinforcements and emergencies untill you can get reinforcements from home.
    Borgerskaps units are basically inferior units formed by the populace of the city/region. They differ from the militia in that they are infact a "real" military unit, only with less training.
    In the next version i also hope to add high upkeep mercenary units for some or all regions.

Milis (Militia)

Beriden Milis (Mounted Militia - dragoon style)

Borgerskapsinfanteri (Line Infantry) There is also Borgerskapskavalleri (Medium Cavalry)

List of units (* = recruitable in finland from military buildings only)

Jämtlands Regemente
    Nylands Regemente *
    Närke Värmlands Regemente
    Södermanlands Regemente
    Hälsinge Regemente
    Österbottens Regemente*
    Bohusläns Regemente
    Västerbottens Regemente
    Dalregementet
    Jönköpings Regemente
    Skaraborgs Regemente
    Västmanlands regemente
    Kalmar Regemente
    Kronobergs Regemente
    Savolax Regemente*
    Åboläns Regemente*
    Björneborgs Regemente*
    Tavastehus Regemente*
    Upplands Regemente
    Västgöta Dals Regemente
    Svea Livgarde
    Finska Gardesregementet*
    Nyland Jägarbataljon*
    Savolax Jägarregemente*
    Karelska Jägarkåren*
    Värmlands Fältjägare Kår
    Västgöta Linjedragonregemente
    Smålands Lätta Dragonregemente
    Mörnerska Husarregementet
    Livregementsbrigadens Husarkår
    Livregementsbrigadens Kyrassiärkår
    Norra Skånska Kavalleriregemente
    Södra Skånska Kavalleriregemente
    Nylands Dragonregemente*
    Livgardet Till Häst
    Karelska Dragonregementet*
    Jämtlands Hästjägarskvadron
    Milis (global)
    Beriden Milis (global)
    Borgerskapsinfanteri (global)
    Borgerskapskavalleri (global)

More screens (someone please teach me how to make one of those spoiler thingies!)

Kronobergs Regemente

Närke Värmlands Regemente

Österbottens Regemente

Västerbottens Regemente

Västgöta Dals Regemente

Finska Livgardesregementet

Jämtlands Hästjägarskvadron

Karelska Dragonregementet

Livregementsbrigadens Kyrassiärkår

Livregementsbrigadens Husarkår

Smålands Lätta Dragonregemente

Södra Skånska Kavalleriregemente

Savolax Jägarregemente

Värmlands Fältjägare Kår

Download
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1e7b27/n/mod_sweden_beta2.rar
    http://www.filefront.com/16584129/mod_sweden_beta2.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/39287659...eden_beta2.rar

Installation
    1. Place the .pack files in your data directory. Both "mod_sweden.pack" and "unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v2_3.pack".
    The latter is a modified version of Swiss Halberdier's mod in case you are using other unit packs as well.
    You can find the thread here >> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338582

2.You will need to use the startpos.esf file that is included in the .rar (just place it in your napoleon total war\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon, AFTER you have made a backup of your old startpos.esf )

3. Add the line mod "mod_sweden.pack"; to your user.script.txt. If you run Windows XP this is located in Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts.

4. Activate with the mod manager (Which i cant seem to find the thread for. Damn this new layout! )

Credits
    Meneros for his beautiful retextured top hats!

Legal
    Do NOT print any contents of this mod on a piece of paper, wrap it around a brick and throw it at me! Other that that you can do whatever you want.

cheers
    Prolurker
    Last edited by ProLurker; May 30, 2010 at 05:46 AM.

Default Re: Fäderneslandet (swedish unit pack) Beta

Really good work!
    Rep

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Nice mod mate +Rep

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

Very good work +rep to you. Keep on

two unit cards (Beriden Milis Cavalry and Milis Militia) are not showing in game?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    two unit cards (Beriden Milis Cavalry and Milis Militia) are not showing in game?
    Sorry 'bout that! I made some last minute changes to the names of those units and it seems i forgot to change the names on the cards.

Fixing it now and will upload a fixed version and replace the link in a moment or three. Probably faster to just change the names yourselves for you guys though.

"sweden_inf_militia_militia_info.tga" is supposed to be "swedens_inf_militia_militia_info.tga"
    "sweden_cav_mounted_militia_info.tga" should be "swedens_cav_mounted_militia_info.tga"
    so just add a "s" after the sweden prefix.. or wait 10 minutes and redownload.

Thanks for the nice comments and for the heads up on the unitcards.

Edit: Fixed and updated the dl link. If anyone who is not swedish find the swedish unit names annoying. let me know and i'll put together an english .loc version.

cheers
    ProLurker
    Last edited by ProLurker; May 28, 2010 at 07:57 PM.

Hello, could you add another mirror, please to download like megaupload or rapidshare?

Quote Originally Posted by ProLurker View Post
    Sorry 'bout that! I made some last minute changes to the names of those units and it seems i forgot to change the names on the cards.

Fixing it now and will upload a fixed version and replace the link in a moment or three. Probably faster to just change the names yourselves for you guys though.

"sweden_inf_militia_militia_info.tga" is supposed to be "swedens_inf_militia_militia_info.tga"
    "sweden_cav_mounted_militia_info.tga" should be "swedens_cav_mounted_militia_info.tga"
    so just add a "s" after the sweden prefix.. or wait 10 minutes and redownload.

Thanks for the nice comments and for the heads up on the unitcards.

Edit: Fixed and updated the dl link. If anyone who is not swedish find the swedish unit names annoying. let me know and i'll put together an english .loc version.

cheers
    ProLurker
    Thanks for update mate and great mod! Can I include in my all in one mod please?

Good Work Really beautiful Skins +rep

This thread is about Swedish Napoleonics, some pictures and weblinks
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=358187

Lycka till med detta arbete

ProLurker - Please dont forget to send Swiss Halberdier your LOC entries here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338582

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Well done matey

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

This looks great, good job Would be nice if a modeller could make better hats for the swedes though, if possible. + rep!

Icon7 Re: Fäderneslandet (swedish unit pack) Beta

Really great job!!!!

hello, is this possible to make a pack with only the new units, without modifying the starpos?

hello

I'd like to know if I play another country uses the AI units created in the
    mods?

Thank you,

H

panzerschreck:
    Uploading to Filefront and Rapidshare now. I will update the links in the first post as soon as it's done. About the startpos, i could do that but of course then the AOR wouldnt work. Meaning that all units would be avaliable in all zones. That could cause some problems since there are lots of units and the recruitment list window thingie might get a bit overcrowded. If you still want one i will make one. Should only take a few minutes to put together.

ToonTotalWar:
    Of course. Go right ahead.

ACMilan88:
    Actually the hats used by the vanilla swedish Life guards are pretty much a perfect match. All that would have to be done is to remove the huge plume.

harhyh:
    I really dont know. I guess it would have to, to some extent, since i have removed most of the vanilla units. But i honestly dont know how well it would work.

cheers
    ProLurker

Thank you very much "ProLurker" for your quick response,
    I'll try.

H

agranel's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: Fäderneslandet (swedish unit pack) Beta

Great, fantastic! Many thanks, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by ProLurker View Post
    panzerschreck:
    Uploading to Filefront and Rapidshare now. I will update the links in the first post as soon as it's done. About the startpos, i could do that but of course then the AOR wouldnt work. Meaning that all units would be avaliable in all zones. That could cause some problems since there are lots of units and the recruitment list window thingie might get a bit overcrowded. If you still want one i will make one. Should only take a few minutes to put together.

ToonTotalWar:
    Of course. Go right ahead.

ACMilan88:
    Actually the hats used by the vanilla swedish Life guards are pretty much a perfect match. All that would have to be done is to remove the huge plume.

harhyh:
    I really dont know. I guess it would have to, to some extent, since i have removed most of the vanilla units. But i honestly dont know how well it would work.

cheers
    ProLurker
    Thanks mate!
    I have tested the mod and it works fine with all the units set to "global" and the recruitment roster is not too full either!
    I will release without Starpos for now, but I have contacted husserlTW and his NTF mod, to see if he can intergrate your Starpos and the Hispania mod into his wonderful mod. if this can be done i will change the regions back to your original Sweden, Finland etc..
    Great mod, nice units and well done mate

Here's the "Fäderneslandet Beta Panzerschreck Edition".
    http://rapidshare.com/files/39292358...zerschreck.rar
    No startpos.esf required. All units avaliable in all zones (You will however need another mod to make sweden playable if you wish to play as sweden).

Btw. If anyone knows of any famous (or infamous) mercenary companies from this era let me know. Next version will have generic mercenary troops but it would be nice to have som unique elite mercenary units as well.

cheers
    ProLurker

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast