Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Isildor's historical battles - 14 battles

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: 5 battles

Thank you for your tests. This is very helpful.

Another thing I noticed: routed units don't flee, I believe it's because all map borders are cliffs so they can't exit the map. Was it intended like that ? If no, just open a hole in the big walls somewhere near starting positions, it should do the trick.
    Actually they can exit at the west exit of Moria, but if an orc unit is in corridor to this exit they don't flee. This is intended: The dwarves are surrounded, they either kill the orcs or they all die

It's somehow the same with Durin's stair, as long as there are crossbowmen on the cliff above the stair, no massive orc attack, they tend to go back and forth but when I withdraw the crossbowmen (no more bolts) they attack in numbers.
    Normally they just attack with their trolls, don't they?

Well, in my tests I see this also but this is a nice little chance for the player to make something tactical. A crossbowmen can secure this exit while the player can sent his army to an other possition (e.g. fight a way across the bridge of Khazad-Dum, or try to reach Old-Khazad-Dum (the place with the round hall).

Furthermore this shoot position was shown in the movie so I don't know wheater I should remove it.

Edit:

Here is now a map of my map, maby this helps to describe a place

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Isildor; July 31, 2010 at 03:30 AM.

Dazo's Avatar Biarchus

Thx for the map, it will help for sure ,

1) ok for retreating, I'll try to save one unit if I can to see (and I forgot there was that waterwatcher thing at the west gate that prevented dwarves to flee)
    2) yep at least one troll unit attack alone along Durin's stair (the one near the bridge) or trough the second hall towards great hall
    3) the shoot position above the stair is fine, sooner or later the dwarven players have to withdraw crossbowmen to help defend the great hall

+
    REP Blackomur89.

Thanks for this...plus rep. And I've noticed that some of these are in the vanilla version while others are not. I don't remember if they had historical battles before 2.0 or not but I don't think they did. Anyways, are all these going to be incorporated into the vanilla version at eventually, or just the ones in there atm?

Dazo's Avatar Biarchus

Hello Isildor ^^ ,

No need to test your Moria anymore since KK is working on a settlement map with the new IWTE tool but I won't forget the "first" Moria you made and I still can play it while waiting for the new one. So thanks for all the good hours in the caves .

+
    REP Blackomur89.

Thank you. I think that sadly nobody is interested in my battles any more.

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - 14 battles

Wrong on that. I didn't realise there were so many well thought-out battles (since I came late your thread was buried). Aren't some of these included in the standard download? I mean some of them look familiar, although there's definitely more here. Juicy. The only one that may be out of date is the Moria one, at least from the moment KK releases his new Moria. Now I'll have to find time to actually play them.

I mean some of them look familiar, although there's definitely more here. Juicy
    Some of them were included by KK in the main mod.

The only one that may be out of date is the Moria one, at least from the moment KK releases his new Moria.
    Well it haven't been released yet , but your are right. Nevertheless I like my Moria map.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

i love the tatw mod but gah the worg models just seem so ugly lol but pretty cool i was already thinkin that the game needed more historical battles cuz i think 5 battles isnt enough for this lol

Someone should make all those compatible with 3.1 one day because they really look awesome.

in Morannon battle Iwould like to command all 3 armies if possible, that way others would not waste their lives blindly charging Mordor and I would have more fun playing with slight hope for winning instead of will to see whether I can kill more than 1/3 of evildoers before my last mens start routing

Have you put the download link in I can't see it. Either way could you message it to me please. Much appreciated.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GimliSonOfGloin View Post
    Have you put the download link in I can't see it. Either way could you message it to me please. Much appreciated.
    this mod is dead
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Great maps, they work well and I have played them countless times.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345