Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Isildor's historical battles - 14 battles

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: Battle of the Morannon

! I can't load the morannor map, all the other maps work except this one........
    Does it have to do something with the RR/RC mod?

thanks and keep up the great work + rep
    k

Do you can't play it or do you can't download it?

It has nothing to do with RR/RC and I haven't tested it with this mod, but if RR/RC didn't changed one of the used units it should work with it.

Wesserd's Avatar Tiro

Im playing RR/RC to, and i can play it fine, so it has nothing to do with RR/RC i think.

I installed it but when I select the army and press start battle, the screen returns to the battle selection screen....

The other maps work just fine so I have no idea what the problem is, already tried redownloading the map...
    Strange huh! Normally i'm quite good in solving these kinds of things on my own... but this... i dunno
    k

Im playing RR/RC to, and i can play it fine, so it has nothing to do with RR/RC i think.
    @ Wesserd: You played also the battle of Morannon with RR/RC?

Wesserd's Avatar Tiro

Yep, and its working great.

ive havent sayed yet, but it is a great map!
    but one thing, and i think thats because RR/RC, i cant win it.
    i think thats because RR/RC changes most files of the units.

The best chance is to survive the 30 minutes, because Mordor is the attacking faction. Try to survive.

Wesserd's Avatar Tiro

Oke thanks, now i think about it its very lore, in Rotk, they must figth very hard, they must hold on till frodo has destroyed the ring.

What do you think of other battles of the war between dwarves and orcs in the "war between orcs and dwarves"? Is there intrest in such battles?

I could include the second sacking of Gundabad and the battle of goblin town.

I just need someone how could help me with the desciptions. Is there someone who would help me with two descriptions?

PS.: Someone who can make tga. pictures whould also be helpful
    Last edited by Isildor; June 09, 2010 at 03:21 AM.

I wish I could help but im covered in work, so I just don't have the time ( yet )
    k

Wesserd's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Isildor View Post
    What do you think of other battles of the war between dwarves and orcs in the "war between orcs and dwarves"? Is there intrest in such battles?

I could include the second sacking of Gundabad and the battle of goblin town.

I just need someone how could help me with the desciptions. Is there someone who would help me with two descriptions?

PS.: Someone who can make tga. pictures whould also be helpful
    I have intrest in all good and nice Historical battles!
    i have played some of you, and some of Red_Devil,
    some of yours i couldtn get to work but that was my own fault.

theyre great!
    and, i can maybe help with descriptions, but im from Holland and my english isnt good at all.

Battle of Goblin Town (2797 TA)

My description has certainly a lot of mistakes. Therefore I hope someone correct it:

Description:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The War of the dwarves and the orcs began when the elderly exiled dwarven King Thrór, after living many years in poverty, wandered with his friend Nár into Moria and was murdered by Azog, the Goblin-chieftain of Moria, in Third Age 2790. But Nár was let go by Azog to tell his people never to come to Moria, and returned to the Blue Mountains.

When Nár returned to the king's son Thráin II, he told him of his father's murder. Thráin sat for seven days without eating or sleeping, until he stood and said "This cannot be borne!". Thus began the war.

From 2790 to 2793 the Longbeards responded to this tragedy by gathering their forces, and calling on all the other Houses of the Dwarves for war, but it took them three years to fully gather their strength.

In 2793 they attacked, assailing and sacking one by one all the Orc-holds they could find.

In 2795 a dwarven army led by Dain II Ironfoot sacked the Orc stronghold under Mount Gundabad and began to march south on the east side of the Misty Mountains. In 2796 this army reached the gate of Goblin Town, an orc dwelling under the Misty Mountains. At the main gate of Goblin Town an orc army took a posistion to defend their stronghold.

The battle was won by the dwarves, who sacked Goblin Town afterwards. In 2799 the war ends with the battle of Azanulbizar.

Pictures:

The main gate at the main pass through the Misty Mountains (Here Bilbo escaped Goblin Town):

The arcane side gate in a cave at the alternative pass (Here Bilbo enters Goblin Town):

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - Need help with description

BTW:

I'm working on a Moria/Khazad-Dum map. Here are some screens:

Is there any interest in such a map?

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

One criticism: the lonely mountain looks more like the Lonely stump of a hill. It needs more elevation.

Don't you think that it would be somehow unrealistic if it would be much higher? I mean: It's a lonely mountain and therefore it would be quiet strange if it would be very high.

Do you have a lore source about the size of the mountain?

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: Moria and Goblin Town

New: Balin's campaign in Moria
    New: Battle of Goblin Town

Fantastic work Isildor and thank you once again

I have a question that might seem slightly n00bish - but would it not be possible to integrate these landscapes into the campaign mode...? (sorry, this has probably been asked before!)

As custom cities it isn't possible. Not yet. I think that great modders like KK are working on this problem.

I don't know whether it is possible for normal battles.

Thanks, I should have guessed...! I have downloaded your files but I am not sure where to put them, could you give me a filepath? And can I confirm they are accessed via choosing Historical Battles via the interface?

mods/TATW/data/world/map/battle/custom

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast