Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Isildor's historical battles - 14 battles

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: Battle of the five Armies 3

Ok, I can do this. Other ideas for the next release?

well for the ruins of dale & esgaroth create a lake and some bridges over it, with some ruins in the lake

Concerning my maps and information there is no lake in the area of Dale and laketown/Esgaroth is to far away to be on the map, doesn't it?

Here are the screens of the higher lonely mountain and dale:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And here are the ruins of dale. I didn't want to make to many ruin buildings because it was very long time destroyed and because in my imagination dale was made out of wood (suits more to this "Northmen-culture") and therefore most of it's buildings can't be seen any more. Furthermore Smaug destroyed very much of Dale. Therefore there are only small parts of it.

New version: Battle of the five armies 4

- New dale ruins
    - Higher lonely mountain
    - some minor ground changes (there is now more space accessible)

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: Battle of the five Armies 4

My old map Battle of Azanulbizar was not really based on lore it was a more or less fast made map with a to short Kheled-zaram and without the right topography.

Therefore I decided to make a new one. I've always wanted to make a preview so I use this chance to make one. There is still work to do but with this preview you can already imagine the new map.

Preview of Azanulbizar:

The vale of Azanulbizar is surrounded by the three important mountains of of Khazad-Dum: Zirakzigil (Celebdil), Barazinbar (Caradras) and Bundushathur (Faunuidhol).

An other important part of this vale is the Kheled-zaram in which Durin, the first dwarf looked when he awaked.

This four points in this dale are the content of this preview.

You see on this picture on the left side the Barazinbar (Caradras) and on the right side the Bundushathur (Faunuidhol). At the bottom of the vale you can see the Kheled-zaram.

Here is a description about the Kheled-zaram for those how are not totally lore educated

Lake in the Dimrill Dale east of Khazad-dum. Mirrormere / Kheled-zāram was a long, oval lake shaped like a spearhead. The lake stretched southward from the northern end of the valley. Around the lake a green lawn sloped down to the shore. The waters of Mirrormere were a deep, dark blue and the surface was flat and still.
    A stream called the Dimrill flowed into the northern end of Mirrormere from the slopes of Caradhras. At the southern end of the lake there was an icy spring fed by the waters of Mirrormere which was the source of the Silverlode.

In ancient times, Durin- the eldest of the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves - came to the Dimrill Dale. He looked into Mirrormere and saw a crown of stars appear above the shadow of his head, and he decided to found the realm of Khazad-dum in the mountains above the valley. A column called Durin's Stone was erected to mark the spot where Durin first looked into Mirrormere.

Balin led a company of Dwarves to recolonize Khazad-dum, and on November 10, 2994, he went out to look into Mirrormere and was shot by an Orc. The rest of the colony perished soon afterwards.

On January 15, 3019, Gimli led Frodo Baggins and Sam Gamgee to look into Mirrormere.

At first they could see nothing. Then slowly they saw the forms of the encircling mountains mirrored in a profound blue, and the peaks were like plumes of white flame above them; beyond there was a space of sky. There like jewels sunk in the deep shone glinting stars, though sunlight was in the sky above. Of their own stooping forms no shadow could be seen.
    The Fellowship of the Ring: "Lothlorien," p. 348

Names & Etymology:
    Mirrormere was so-called because of the lake's reflective surface. Mere is an archaic word for lake.

The Dwarves called the lake Kheled-zāram meaning "glass pool." The Dwarvish word kheled means "glass" and the word zāram means "pool."

The Elvish name was Nen Cenedril which means "Lake Looking-glass" in Sindarin.

And here you can see the last of the three mountains: Zirakzigil (Celebdil)

Today it will be probable finished.

Everything is worked in progress but feedback is very appreciated.
    Last edited by Isildor; May 30, 2010 at 07:28 AM.

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: FA 4 & Preview new Azanulbizar

nice waiting for 2.0 to try all those historic battles.

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: Battle of Azanulbizar

New: Battle of Azanulbizar

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: Battle of Azanulbizar

Quote Originally Posted by Isildor View Post
    New: Battle of Azanulbizar
    Nice changes for the Erebor, but the mointain dosn't seem as impressive(size-wise) or imposing as the mountains around Azanulbizar like Zirakzigil?

And perhaps - big request, I know - you could askthe VoA team to help you implement thier bears in this battle(as coustum battles alows for costum units).
    Or simply add a beornings units if thats impossible

other than that, extremely nice work
    Last edited by Fable; May 31, 2010 at 03:15 AM.

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: Ambush of the Black Gate

Nice changes for the Erebor, but the mointain dosn't seem as impressive(size-wise) or imposing as the mountains around Azanulbizar like Zirakzigil?
    I don't want to make a "Lonely Mountain" as high as a mountain in the Misty Mountains. This would be geological uncorrect.

And perhaps - big request, I know - you could askthe VoA team to help you implement thier bears in this battle(as coustum battles alows for costum units).
    i want this to be part of the new version of TA and therefore I can't add new units .

BTW.:

New: Ambush of the Black Gate

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Your Black Gate looks awesome
    + Rep

EDIT: After i've spread some...^^

Thank you. Battle of Morannon is in work btw.

The new battle of Morannon has an open gate and is made concerning the lore and not the film. Therefore the good guys are arranged on two hills and not on one.

some screens:

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I need to spread some rep...but I should say, this must be included into the official release. This mod really lacks historical battles.

Kamakai's Avatar Biarchus

Poros looks the best and the black gate +Rep

Default Re: Isildor's historical battles - New: Battle of the Morannon

New: Battle of the Morannon

Is the Battle of Morannon even winnable for Gondor, it doesn't look like it is

I know according to lore it was basicly a komakazi battle for gondor but is it really possiable to win this with them...
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Added portraits for five armies and morannon and a battle model for Aragorn.

Is the Battle of Morannon even winnable for Gondor, it doesn't look like it is

I know according to lore it was basicly a komakazi battle for gondor but is it really possiable to win this with them...
    The best chance is to survive 30 minutes. Then you have won.

Added portraits for five armies and morannon and a battle model for Aragorn.
    Thank you. I'll add this to the first post.

I didn't know how to add the battle model.
    Last edited by Isildor; June 01, 2010 at 09:10 AM.

that's the same problem as me with my minas tirith map...

Nice work Isildor.

I always thought the fifth army in the battle of the five armies was the wargs. (I could be wrong though).

The eagles are the fifth army, but this is not possible in this battle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast