Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: if nazi germany had won, how would YOUR country's population be treated?

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Default if nazi germany had won, how would YOUR country's population be treated?

Something that's been bothering me for a while, we all know about what Hitler thought of the jews and slavs, but what of Africans, Greeks, British or Americans or the South Americans?
    I know that were was temporary german occupation in these places, besides the Americas, but never for long enough to get a proper administration going, so what do you think would become of your nation under Nazi, or other Axis rule?

I'll go first, I think things wouldn't be so bad for most of the British population, besides Jews and resisters/partisans, I mean look at the channel islands.
    I'm sure i've read that Hitler didn't want to fight Britain, and in fact considered us part of a future, master-race dominated world, i think... eek....
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: if nazi germany had won, how would YOUR country's population be treated?

here in saf one colonial power would pretty much the same as the next...

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Default Re: if nazi germany had won, how would YOUR country's population be treated?

Hitler would've been assassinated/fell into a hole because he was retarded/died of one of his many health problems before he could get that far
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

the English were a "germanic race", and so the nazis liked them.

the rest of the british isles (Welsh, Scottish and Irish) were celtic, and although viewed as inferior to the English (Grrr...), were acceptable to the Nazis.

The French were viewed as inferior to the "celtic" races and yet they were treated ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Nazi policy stressed the superiority of the Nordic race, a sub-section of the white European population defined by anthropometric models of racial difference. From 1940 the General Government in occupied Poland divided the population into different groups. Each group had different rights, food rations, allowed strips in the cities, separated residential areas, special schooling systems, public transportation and restricted restaurants. Later adapted in all Nazi-occupied countries by 1942, the Germanization program used the racial caste system of reserving certain rights to one group and barred privileges to another. In addition with their predominant religion and ethnicity per individual of that ethnic group or nationality. Listed from the most privileged to the least:[citation needed]

The categories of "races" deemed unworthy and subject to discrimination.

• Jews-divided into various degrees of religious denomination, Mischlinge or of half/part-Jewish ancestries (esp. of one Jewish parent, highly illegal under the race laws) and Rassenschande or "Aryan" Germans found as converts into Judaism.
    • "Lebensunwertes Leben" ("Life unworthy of life"). As well as Jews, it included the Gypsies/Roma, also subject to extermination during Porrajmos. Includes minuscule numbers of darker-skinned German nationals: non-whites from colonial Africa, as well as Arabs and Berbers in North Africa. Homosexuals and disabled people (based on physical and mental illnesses) were also considered to be part of this category, and subject to eugenics policies, including compulsory sterilization, internment and deportation.

Nordicist anthropometrics was used to "improve" the racial make-up of the Germanised section of the population, by absorbing individuals into the German population who were deemed suitably Nordic.[18]
    Germanization also affected the Sorbs, the minority Slav community living in Saxony and Brandenburg, whose Slavic culture and language was suppressed to absorb them into German identity. Tens of thousands suffered internment and imprisonment as well, to become lesser-known victims of Nazi racial laws.
    _1939_and_1945
    Last edited by removeduser_4536284751384; May 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

The British Empire would act as a puppet state of the Reich, we'd have used India as a base from which to attack into the USSR. Our populace would be treated well, we wouldn't actually be under German administration. The British Union of Fascists would be installed as our new government and they'd run us, cooperating with local German forces to root out Jews and other types the Reich wanted in their camps.

As for the Americans, I'm not sure. Hitler didn't like the United States, he thought it was a Jewish powerbase iirc. Had the Germans invaded and conquered the US they'd probably administer it militarily until suitable ministers for a puppet government were found (German-American Bund?) and would heavily crack down on Jews and other such disliked types, probably setting up Death Camps in the States to save on shipping them across the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    The British Empire would act as a puppet state of the Reich, we'd have used India as a base from which to attack into the USSR. Our populace would be treated well, we wouldn't actually be under German administration. The British Union of Fascists would be installed as our new government and they'd run us, cooperating with local German forces to root out Jews and other types the Reich wanted in their camps.

As for the Americans, I'm not sure. Hitler didn't like the United States, he thought it was a Jewish powerbase iirc. Had the Germans invaded and conquered the US they'd probably administer it militarily until suitable ministers for a puppet government were found (German-American Bund?) and would heavily crack down on Jews and other such disliked types, probably setting up Death Camps in the States to save on shipping them across the ocean.
    What did they think of the other peoples of the empire? Indians, Native Americans etc?
    Last edited by removeduser_4536284751384; May 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

Taxandrius's Avatar Praeses

Don't know, possibly a division of Belgium in Walloonia (annexed as a province of the larger province of France) and Flanders as a state under german/collaborating rule (Flamenpolitik), since the Flemings were seen as a Germanic people under french pressure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamenpolitik

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    What did they think of the other peoples of the empire? Indians, Native Americans etc?
    They'd likely leave us to deal with them. Considering our Imperial subjects were subject peoples they probably wouldn't be treated any differently than they were at the time: as Imperial subjects. Obviously Jews and such within these groups would be rooted out.

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Well Hitler was fond of Britain and its Empire and he did try to sue for peace

However, it depends at what stage he came to occupy us. If it was after 1940-1941, by that time Britain had caused Hitler a fair bit of trouble and the RAF (And USAF) bombing campaign of German cities understandably angered him. Although I thikn the British popualtion would have been much better off then Slavs or Jews- I can see quite a few revenge killings occuring. Obviously dissidents/partisans as well as 'undesirables' would be treated just as they were everywhere else.
    Last edited by Azog 150; May 27, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Good point about revenge killings, but I don't think that they would be sanctioned officially but I can see some German soldiers losing it and shooting a person or two...

massacered and enslaved as i'm russian
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery

Quote Originally Posted by cpreston5 View Post
    Good point about revenge killings, but I don't think that they would be sanctioned officially but I can see some German soldiers losing it and shooting a person or two...
    strange, they didn't do much of it on the eastern front and that's probably the nastiest and most brutal battle ever fought.

Einsatzgruppe might do it, but I can't see the average wehrmacht killing brits if they've left Russian "untermenschen" alive, when English are supposed to be part of this Aryan race.

I'm just thinking with the raids and Dresden and such, there is going to be a lot of German soldiers who have had relatives killed or property damaged by the British, and while the average soldier might not buy into the race thing, revenge might sway them into violence. The Russians had really done Germany no wrong until deep into Bagration, which doesn't belong in this hypothetical scenario.

Ex Tenebris Lux's Avatar Senator

Fatherland. Good book. Read it.
    I've been here the whole time.

H.r.E.'s Avatar Ducenarius

the English were a "germanic race", and so the nazis liked them.

the rest of the british isles (Welsh, Scottish and Irish) were celtic, and although viewed as inferior to the English (Grrr...), were acceptable to the Nazis.

The French were viewed as inferior to the "celtic" races and yet they were treated ok.

_1939_and_1945

didnt hitler support arab rise against british rule?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

As a means to furthering his war effort? Probably.

In a philosophical manner relating to his racial theories? Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    As a means to furthering his war effort? Probably.

In a philosophical manner relating to his racial theories? Unlikely.
    he admired muslims greatly

There was a full Moslem division, or at least a brigade in the SS, fun fact...

Poach's Avatar Civitate

he admired muslims greatly
    Though he did regard the British (as Germanics) as superior to Muslims I think, and so probably would disagree with the Arabs rising up to force British rule away were he not at war with the UK.

Like germans, as they proclaimed luxembourgish being a german dialect, luxembourg being a german province and luxembourgers being germans.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast