Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naval Supremacy, a naval overhaul mod for NTW. 14th June, version 1.1.3 released including new shipborne Marine model for all factions (european model only)

Default Re: Naval Supremacy, a naval overhaul mod for NTW. 14th June, version 1.1.3 released including new shipborne Marine model for all factions (european model only)

It may be discontinued, but thanks for all your great research. I'm using the info here to update the Ottoman faction. It is interesting to see how the minor factions are gutted of ships even though they definitely had a lot of them!

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Naval Supremacy, a naval overhaul mod for NTW. 14th June, version 1.1.3 released including new shipborne Marine model for all factions (european model only)

lOOKS GOOD, and I am a fan of the Rebellion Shipyard ETW mods. I expect this to be at least as good as that one. Just one quick question - in Rebellion Universal there were increased stats for swinging up and down, right and leftwards of the ships. Are those also in ? I hate "monument" moving ships with no vertical swinging !

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    lOOKS GOOD, and I am a fan of the Rebellion Shipyard ETW mods. I expect this to be at least as good as that one. Just one quick question - in Rebellion Universal there were increased stats for swinging up and down, right and leftwards of the ships. Are those also in ? I hate "monument" moving ships with no vertical swinging !
    Yes the movement of the ships in the X-Y-Z axes is very natural.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Yes the movement of the ships in the X-Y-Z axes is very natural.
    Weeell, that's good, cause it is me who did those stats in Bethencourts Mod and therefore the revised version was called Drac universal Glad to see people appreciate it, and the naval engine was quite lame in NTW without what we changed.

Albion Dude's Avatar Civis

Very good mod, excellent work old chap.

Just two issues;

[1] HMS Temeraire is wrongly spelled as HMS Temerraire, no second 'r'.

[2] The British marines don't look quite right for the period, It would be nice to see Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's "England Expects" British marines on these ships.
    Last edited by Albion Dude; September 21, 2010 at 07:57 AM.
    I wish very much that some measures could be adopted to get recruits for the 29th Regiment, it is the best Regiment in this Army, has an admirable internal system and excellent Non-Commissioned Officers. Duke of Wellington, 12 September 1809.
    The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
    Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris, Air Chief Marshal, RAF.

Never in the field of modding was so much owed by so many to so few
    . Bang on! Huzzah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Weeell, that's good, cause it is me who did those stats in Bethencourts Mod and therefore the revised version was called Drac universal Glad to see people appreciate it, and the naval engine was quite lame in NTW without what we changed.
    Didn't know that, but superb job on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dude View Post
    Very good mod, excellent work old chap.

Just two issues;

[1] HMS Temeraire is wrongly spelled as HMS Temerraire, no second 'r'.

[2] The British marines don't look quite right for the period, It would be nice to see Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's "England Expects" British marines on these ships.
    Thanks
    1. Hate those issues but glad you notified me. Text is corrected for the upcoming LME 1.4.
    2. It is compatible with his mod.

Cheers
    iutland

Albion Dude's Avatar Civis

Wow, quick response.

The issues I put are minor compared to how good the mod is, keep up the good work.
    I wish very much that some measures could be adopted to get recruits for the 29th Regiment, it is the best Regiment in this Army, has an admirable internal system and excellent Non-Commissioned Officers. Duke of Wellington, 12 September 1809.
    The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
    Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris, Air Chief Marshal, RAF.

Never in the field of modding was so much owed by so many to so few
    . Bang on! Huzzah!!

Over the hills...

Nice mod I just tried it and you hae improved vanilla naval battles so much.
    I also got a surprise when I was playing with HMS Victory and when you select it instead of saying 'first rate reporting' or any other ship name it said 'Victory ready for action'
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by E.K View Post
    Nice mod I just tried it and you hae improved vanilla naval battles so much.
    I also got a surprise when I was playing with HMS Victory and when you select it instead of saying 'first rate reporting' or any other ship name it said 'Victory ready for action'
    +rep
    Thank you E.K. glad you like it

Cheers
    iutland

Lutland my man, I still love this mod, but I'm not going to download it untill you fix the hull colour scheme for FRANCE. its not white and black, and never was in in the Napoleonic wars. it'd be great to see the hulls corrected, as I have said in previous posts on your mod. check this out - some guys made trafalgar, with better hull textures - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381714
    regards, Cochrane.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Hi Lutland,

I believe this mod is included in ToonTotalwar's All-In-One mod that I am currently testing for my own use. As far as you know is there any difference between the stand-alone version and the bundled version?

The reason I ask is that during testing I noticed a tendency for ships to catch fire with alarming frequency (4 out of 10 in one fleet) and I'm not sure if that is normal when using this mod. If this is normal, is there a simple way that I could reduce the incidence, or at least improve the fire control procedures when they do, (and perhaps slightly increasing the incidence of rigging damage), as everything else was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    Hi Lutland,

I believe this mod is included in ToonTotalwar's All-In-One mod that I am currently testing for my own use. As far as you know is there any difference between the stand-alone version and the bundled version?

The reason I ask is that during testing I noticed a tendency for ships to catch fire with alarming frequency (4 out of 10 in one fleet) and I'm not sure if that is normal when using this mod. If this is normal, is there a simple way that I could reduce the incidence, or at least improve the fire control procedures when they do, (and perhaps slightly increasing the incidence of rigging damage), as everything else was great.
    Hi Didz

I've substantialy lowered the "ship catch fire" value in this mod but I know that ToonTW uses values from many different "submods" including the Grand Fleet mod. Therefore I can't say that it is the same as in this mod but normally you should only see ships catching fire if they are heavily attacked or hit by mortar/rocket fire. 4 out of 10 sounds too much based on my game play experience.

If you want to tweak the values yourself you will find them in the _kv_rules table as:
    projectile_incendiary_chance_high and projectile_incendiary_chance_low (see them as tresholds)
    Both values lowered considerably compared to vanilla values.

Thanks for the heads-up

Best regards
    iutland

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Hi Didz

I've substantialy lowered the "ship catch fire" value in this mod but I know that ToonTW uses values from many different "submods" including the Grand Fleet mod. Therefore I can't say that it is the same as in this mod but normally you should only see ships catching fire if they are heavily attacked or hit by mortar/rocket fire. 4 out of 10 sounds too much based on my game play experience.

If you want to tweak the values yourself you will find them in the _kv_rules table as:
    projectile_incendiary_chance_high and projectile_incendiary_chance_low (see them as tresholds)
    Both values lowered considerably compared to vanilla values.

Thanks for the heads-up

Best regards
    iutland
    Ah! thanks for that. The_Hedge_Knight suggested doing the same thing in the All_In_One mod thread but its good to know I'm on the right track.

Can you remember what values you changed these too in your mod?

In Toon's pack file they were showing as:
    projectile_incendiary_chance_low = 0.003
    projectile_incendiary_chance_medium = 0.0009999999
    projectile_incendiary_chance_high = 0

Which are the same as the values I found in the vanilla DB tables, so I assume your changes were not carried over.

I've already tried changing them once, but ended up in a right mess and it looks like I'm going to have to re-install the game from scratch now.

Ah! thanks for that. The_Hedge_Knight suggested doing the same thing in the All_In_One mod thread but its good to know I'm on the right track.

Can you remember what values you changed these too in your mod?

projectile_incendiary_chance_low = 0.003
    projectile_incendiary_chance_medium = 0.0009999999
    projectile_incendiary_chance_high = 0

Which are the same as the values I found in the vanilla DB tables, so I assume your changes were not carried over.

I've already tried changing them once, but ended up in a right mess and it looks like I'm going to have to re-install the game from scratch now.
    projectile_incendiary_chance_low = 0.003 change to 0.0001
    projectile_incendiary_chance_medium = 0.0009999999 change to 0, it wonders me who on earth doesn't round that value??
    projectile_incendiary_chance_high = 0 change to 0.0002

Cheers
    iutland

Edit: Corrected L-M-H values

Great! thanks for that, it explains why my testing of the mod produced such incendiary results, but also means I can correct the problem and still get the benefits of the rest of the features it contains.

My only slight concern is that if this change was ommitted there is a chance that other features were overlooked.

Great! thanks for that, it explains why my testing of the mod produced such incendiary results, but also means I can correct the problem and still get the benefits of the rest of the features it contains.

My only slight concern is that if this change was ommitted there is a chance that other features were overlooked.
    Exactly, you nailed it right there. Configuration control and quality assurance (QA) even though it's just mod making is paramount!!
    I'm glad that the equipment I deliver to F-16's at work are subjected to a different QA

Thanks for the follow up and reporting +Rep

Cheers
    iutland

PS. Just for information all parts of this mod are included in the LME mod.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Could you add these Portuguese marines? Manuel Ribeiro Rodrigues (the historian) sent me these pictures from a re-enactment and historical images.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Could you add these Portuguese marines? Manuel Ribeiro Rodrigues (the historian) sent me these pictures from a re-enactment and historical images.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yes I think so but it will be through the LME mod then. I will make them a land based unit as my texture skills aren't that good
    Thanks for the info +Rep

/iutland

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

could u change the crew sizes to be realistic and not so small as in default u can talk to this guy he did this kind of mod for empire maby he can help you =) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...72#post8505872

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    could u change the crew sizes to be realistic and not so small as in default u can talk to this guy he did this kind of mod for empire maby he can help you =) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...72#post8505872
    Thanks for the hint+Rep

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast