Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    I`ve tried your savegame, and I had the same issues as you did, no matter what I`ve tried, it just CTDs. Even withdrawing from battle causes CTD.

I could suggest to try with deleting two descr_geography_new files in your: M2TW/mods/Third_Age_3/data folder.
    well thx for trying.i alrdy deleted those 2 files with no sucess.Started a new campaign as mordor,not a single crash so far,around 30 turns played,but mordor isnt as much fun.so im tempted to start a new campaign but cant decide wich faction.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Hello, I got the game on steam and I installed TATW. Should I follow this in order not to have stability issues?

Hello Guys, my game crashed all time if i fight again wolfes.

I have this issue since 3 Years in all mods i play. (tatw, mos 1.7 , first age)
    Has anybody an idea how i can fix this issue?

I have already done so much things, never worked on several devices...

Please help me

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Azanulimbar View Post
    Hello Guys, my game crashed all time if i fight again wolfes.

I have this issue since 3 Years in all mods i play. (tatw, mos 1.7 , first age)
    Has anybody an idea how i can fix this issue?

I have already done so much things, never worked on several devices...

Please help me
    Only Wolves? You do not have those problems with Ents and Spiders?

Normally, I would say it's THIS issue. But if it's indeed Wolves only, then probably not.
    Last edited by Veteraan; April 27, 2017 at 08:23 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I just wanted to say a Holiday thanks to all the mods and advisers here. I restarted TATW a week ago with Eriador to have a place to go to avoid bad TV etc, and got stuck on a battlecrash, tried 4 times but couldn't get past it. Normally I find TATW quite stable and in a whole campaign will only crash a couple of times on v big battles (which this was not). Win 7 32 bit. Anyway, I turned off UAC and the date thing.

It works!! Gave Gundabad a good thrashing! Be bloodthirsty at Christmas!

Have a nice time, one and all!

Sadly I have reached T217 with Eriador but am now subject to campaign crashes every time I go to the next turn. I've tried the fixes on the first page of this guide and deleted a lot of saves. Any ideas please?

I went back ten turns to the most recent save. This progressed things to T218. It still crashes on Mordor or Harad's move in the turn progression. Bit frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by julianj99 View Post
    I went back ten turns to the most recent save. This progressed things to T218. It still crashes on Mordor or Harad's move in the turn progression. Bit frustrating.
    Upload your savegame prior to crash (not the autosave file) and I`ll look into it.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hi Elvenkind,

Thank you for your kind offer.

I tried to upload and attach the last manual Eriador save but it said "Invalid file" so that seems to be a bust.

Thanks for your help anyway

cheers

J

HI Elvenkind,

I have uploaded this to a dropbox here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ojpqys...riadorT218.sav Please download it from there.

regards

Julian

I have tried your savegame, and managed to play three more turns. Try it again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e2-...ew?usp=sharing
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thanks for your help. I will give it a go. In any case: "Those who are about to die salute you!"

atb

Julian

Ahhh! We seem to be moving along again, without crashing, thanks to the magic of Elevenkind. +1 rep!

You`re welcome!

There was some invasion going on, which was supposed to end on that turn when it was crashing for you. I`ve managed to pass it by using toggle_fow cheat to see what is happening, and, with adding this line of code to my TATW.cfg file (red and underlined):

Code:
    [io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error

Yes, the Dark Lord had called an invasion on Barad Dur! Dunno what that was about (no spies near) but suggests that Sauron's up the Orc's latrine without a paddle.

I've copied the code you posted, but I will see how things go first.

cheers

Julian

I could not locate any option in game or cfg to disable autosave. So annoying, disabled autosave on hot seat, but then still was autosaving end turns, likeliest culprit to end turn CTD, no path to disable autosave version 2.1.? Guess I'll try the cache thing.

Removed some text where a program was mentioned that changes the games executable file. This is not allowed on TWC.
    Last edited by Veteraan; March 29, 2018 at 09:57 AM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

As for how to disable autosave. IIRC you have to change your medieval2.preference.cfg file. It should be in the MTW2 install folder, but I don't use Steam and I don't know it they changed anything in that regard.

What you do is open the medieval2.preference.cfg with a text editor like Notepad, or even better, Notepad++ (free), look for the "auto_save=1" entry and change it to "auto_save=0".
    After that save the medieval2.preference.cfg file and you should be good to go. If you have no experience with editing those kind of files, it might be better to back up your medieval2.preference.cfg file, before changing it.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Just to add to Veteraan's input: after making your changes in medieval2.preference.CFG file, save the file, exit your Text Editor, right mouse click on that same .cfg file, and in General tab, set Attributes to Read- Only. Apply and OK.

That way your changes will still be present after you exit the game/ or mod after playing.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789