Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Greetings, i've been having a very strange issue which unfortunately makes the gameunplayable to me. Every time i start RTS battle it euns fine and good untill it is almost over, and than it is is starts to lag a little lag which get more ugly by the seocnd untill the game slows down to 1 frame per 5-6 sec. I've tried many things, first of all i lowered all grpahic settings even resolution which made no effect, than i thought that it is AI pathfinding-routing related and disabled morale in preferences, and this didnt help at all. I'am getting desperate, i can only plat battles untill it gets luggy and quit and campaign with quick-battle. One more thing if battle ends quickly no lag is present same goes for battle when my archers shoot the hell out of the enemy army without engaging in melee. If anyone have a slightest clue what can cause this please help, i really want to play this game.

P.S. The same bug occures also with MoS submod, also i can add that i have absolutelyno lag with original kingdoms game.

My specs are

AMD Athlon II x4 640 proc 3,0hz
    4096 ram
    GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Hi folks.

I get crashes, that's part of the course for TATW, however I cannot launch the Mod (through shortcut) with Administrator as I get an error, yet I can launch it without the need for Admin.

Help?
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    Hi folks.

I get crashes, that's part of the course for TATW, however I cannot launch the Mod (through shortcut) with Administrator as I get an error, yet I can launch it without the need for Admin.

Help?
    I launch it that way too ( without the need for Admin.). What kind of crashes you get, battles crash all the time, or just some of them? And, if only some of them crash, do they include any Reinforcements on either side in those battles?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Many thanks for this, Germanicus

Laetus

hey everyone im having some really annoying issue and have been spending lots of time trying to fix this but not success i get a message stating that M2tw Fatal Graphics error i have wid 7 i5k AMD Radeon Sapphire vapor x HD 7900 grapihics card ive played this before never had an issue but i recently reinstallled it to try DaC mod but cant even launch the game and yes im running it on admin. pls help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tiberius View Post
    hey everyone im having some really annoying issue and have been spending lots of time trying to fix this but not success i get a message stating that M2tw Fatal Graphics error i have wid 7 i5k AMD Radeon Sapphire vapor x HD 7900 grapihics card ive played this before never had an issue but i recently reinstallled it to try DaC mod but cant even launch the game and yes im running it on admin. pls help thanks
    You are having a problem with : getting TATW to work, or getting DaC to work?

Also, what Windows do you have ( I presume one of the threads title, but just to be sure) , and, is your M2TW a Steam or non steam version?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I tried everything.Can't start a campaign,even though i played this game moths ago with no problem.I simply can't start a campaign because it knocks back in the main menu

Windows 7, Vista or 8 User perhapse? Your M2TW is a steam or non steam version ( retail, DVD etc.. ) ?

Crash in Start up? =( First let me apologize if the answer is already some where in the total war thread. So just a few days ago I downloaded the mod and it worked golden! I then downloaded the submod mos 1.5full and it worked until I played a campaign siege battle as OotMM and it crashed. I then download mos 1.6 hoping it would fix the little bug, it didn't it just made the game crash on startup. So I deleted the mos sub mod third age mod and medieval and kingdoms. and re installed the game. But now I cant patch kindgoms gold to 1.05? and in doing so I think that's making third age not work after I re installed it. It just comes up to the first loading screen and crashes after a few seconds? Oh and I tried already to re install of it multiply times. I'm not using steam and on windows 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you UNINSTALL M2TW/ Kingdoms, or, you just DELETED them? Be clear about this so we can help you.

Thank you for the reply, sorry for not giving enough info. But i ran the unistaller firs. Then deleted the whole sega folder. M2tw war and all kingdoms are all installed.. i decided to re install them. Thanlk you for helping me with this, as i know it takes times from your personal day.

Thanls these steps worked for me and it worked. It was a little diffrent on win8, now idk if I'll risk installing mos sub mod. What do you think?

There are installation instructions for MOS 1.6.2 too, check out post #3: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-)

When i launced one of the kingdoms camapgins in were i placed the TATW files inside, the game does not launch, no errors nothing. Now i just noticed that the main campaign will not launch either, it just keeps relaunching the launcher none ing stop and when the launcher closes its self and the game appears to be actualy working, it keeps popping up failed to launch since my god damn launcher is still opened and i cannot launch the game without launching it through the ing launcher so i keep getting the same god damn error over and over again for 3 straight hours and it is driving me crazy. The game worked perfectly in windows 7 and when i switched to windows 8, all of this started happening, is their a fix for this issue?

1. Steam M2TW user or non steam user?

2. Your M2TW is installed in either Program Files or Program Files (x86) ?

3. You have downloaded all four TATW Parts+Patches all up to 3.2 version, and installed them in your M2TW/ mods folder or in one of your Kingdoms folders?

Hello, i followed every step and installed the game correctly but i still got the error with medieval 2 total war has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. Please help been busy for 3 hours trying to fix this

Btw its MOS v1.50

I've been trying to get this to work for years, you heard me years. I've tried these but all it says is "Medieval II has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" I really want to play this but I can't get it to work!!!

Also I'm using the Medieval II Mod Installer and I'm using the Steam version.