Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Can you not run it normally (not in admin mode)?

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Quote Originally Posted by MrKillPillz View Post
    I have been getting the unspecified error CTD message for a while now, the game started off perfectly. I play this game on a Vista 32-bit computer, and it is definitely powerful enough to run this game. I started playing on version 3.2 of this wonderful mod, but it's become unplayable due to the predictable CTD that I'm getting everytime I try to go into a battle.

I have taken every bit of advice that I could find, with this thread here being the most concise place for advice, which is why I've decided to ask here, can you help fix my game?

I have "upgraded" what the game records, which I will put links to down below.

Please help me fix this great mod so I can continue playing it!

pkh.ai.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?du7ucfz2ydbyd5j

pkh.script.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?37hh41hbjkb5abh

pkh.script2.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?l68s4mque9tpevq

pkh.scriptoutput.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1x14v6jjdh7etwv

auh.system.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?nyz8kjvpt8slqvn
    Hi there and welcome to the TWC Forums!

Try this: U have to disable daylight saving settings, for Vista, go to Control Panel, Clock, Date and Time, Change the time zone, Change time zone, uncheck `Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Savings time`.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I just installed TATW 3 and patched up to 3.2. I am on Windows 7. When I double-click the shortcut, it opens a DOS prompt, but does not run the game. The BAT file is there. I've opened it and it looks all right. I've disabled UAC. I've been searching all over, and can't figure out why Win 7 won't run the BAT. Help!

Did you download and install both TATW 3.0 Part 1 and TATW 3.0 Part 2? Do you indeed have M2TW and the Kingdoms expansion with at least one Kingdoms expansion installed?

Yes. Reinstalling 3.0 Part 1 and 2 again, for good measure. I'm able to run the Kingdoms Americas campaign, although when I just did so, the Stainless Steel mod kicked in. Have you had reports of conflicts with SS? I guess I could try uninstalling that.

No, there should be no conflict with SS. Are you using Steam? SS and TATW should each have their own folder, as well as the americas campaign.

Not using Steam. SS and TATW have their own folders. I can run SS. I can run Americas. When I run kindoms.exe directly I get a crash. Hmm. Trying to avoid full reinstall of Kingdoms, but that's all I can think of.

Open TATW .cfg file in mods/Third_Age_3 with notepad, at the top there should be

[io]
    file_first= true
    if it doesn't say 'true', change it to 'true'.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

It does say 'true'.

[features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/Third_Age_3
    [io]
    file_first = true

Hi. I'm new here. A few days ago I installed Third age for the second time. First time I had it, it worked perfect. After some time it started to crash in the battles. Now, when I try to start a custom battle or enter campaign battle, I get this messaege: "Medieval 2: Total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit". Medieval 2: total war works, but not Third age. How can I make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirali View Post
    Hi. I'm new here. A few days ago I installed Third age for the second time. First time I had it, it worked perfect. After some time it started to crash in the battles. Now, when I try to start a custom battle or enter campaign battle, I get this messaege: "Medieval 2: Total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit". Medieval 2: total war works, but not Third age. How can I make it work?
    I have already answered your question in that other thread, you should not post same questions everywhere around. As I already said to you there in that other thread,try this : disable daylight saving settings, if u have win 7 or Vista, go to Control Panel, Clock, Date and Time, Change the time zone, Change time zone, uncheck `Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Savings time`.

If u have win xp, simply double click the “clock” time display in the lower right of the windows task bar. In the “Date and Time Properties” dialog box click on the “Time Zone” tab. Below the map uncheck the box labeled “Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time.”

Hi! I was playing a very nice Gondor campaign with TATW 3.1 and Baron Samedi''s submod with the bugfixer. By turn 78 when I hit the next turn button it goes to Rohan (this is supposed to happen) and crashes. I never had this before. Is there a way I can fix my campaign? I spend a lot of time on it and I'd rather not start a new game not knowing if it will happen again.

Have you tried to delete map.rwm in data\ world\ maps\ base, and add this line to TATW.cfg file found in mods\ Third_Age_3 (open it with Notepad):
    [io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

Even though, Barone`s submod is a lit bit buggy.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; November 05, 2012 at 05:16 AM.

I added the line and deleted the file, but it keeps crashing.

Libertus

"I have already answered your question in that other thread, you should not post same questions everywhere around. As I already said to you there in that other thread,try this : disable daylight saving settings, if u have win 7 or Vista, go to Control Panel, Clock, Date and Time, Change the time zone, Change time zone, uncheck `Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Savings time`."

I have no idea how, but that just fixed it for me, thank you so much, also if someone has the spare time, can you explain why this works? ( nothing important, mostly curiosity)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    I added the line and deleted the file, but it keeps crashing.
    Well, there is some fix, but is not save game compatible, you will have to start another campaign.
    For fix check here.

Quote Originally Posted by nochance View Post
    I have no idea how, but that just fixed it for me, thank you so much, also if someone has the spare time, can you explain why this works? ( nothing important, mostly curiosity)
    For some reason, TATW can`t manage summer\winter time changes, maybe cause of script time triggers or something. I`m not a coder or scripter so don`t know for sure.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; November 05, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks for your help!

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by nochance View Post
    "I have already answered your question in that other thread, you should not post same questions everywhere around. As I already said to you there in that other thread,try this : disable daylight saving settings, if u have win 7 or Vista, go to Control Panel, Clock, Date and Time, Change the time zone, Change time zone, uncheck `Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Savings time`."

It worked for vanilla TA Total War, however, when i installed the MOS submod, it began to happen again, as soon as i started a custom battle, the game found an unspecified error and exited, anyone knows what i can change to fix it?
    Thanks in advance
    Some more info, in the submod post they recommend using cleaner.bat, when i do that, it simply says no file could be found

Edit: Just noticed a new version of Mos was fixed, im just gonna reinstall all of third age and the submod and see what happens.
    Last edited by nochance; November 06, 2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: More information added

For battle CTDs in MOS Submod delete both descr_geography_new files(.txt and .db file) found in data folder.

iv been working on this mod for days now and have had a number ctd's itll say medieval 2 total war or third age has suffered a fatal error and will now exit or it will say cannot find kingdoms.exe pls help itll flash the opening screen go threu to the intro then crash