Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

BriceDeNice's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

I do not know what went well pass, because overnight my game has started crashing before every battle, and I see that I'm not the only "victim" of this bug .... none of your suggestions did work with me, waiting the new patch.

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

I had the exact same problem
    I did all the steps germanicus outlined
    but the real quick fix is to simply disable the "automatically adjust for daylight savings time" option
    my game works like a charm now! Its also helped everyone else who had the same problem
    Hope it works for you too!

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello. I thougth of running the game as administrator to lessen the unholly amount of CTD i am having, but the damn thing wont let me check the space. I don`t have that problem with other programs, the Kingdoms expansion, and since i am fairly clueless when it comes to computers, i have no idea of why it would be like that.

also, i think i should probably ask this on another thread but whatever: i am geting a CTD every time i try to figth a battle in a haradrim town. any idea of what the reason migth be?

edit: migth be irelevant, but i am using Windows XP (yeah, i know what year we are in)
    Last edited by maxi90; May 01, 2012 at 04:50 AM.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90
    also, i think i should probably ask this on another thread but whatever: i am geting a CTD every time i try to figth a battle in a haradrim town. any idea of what the reason migth be?
    If you're getting battle crashes try disabling daylight savings time.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

thanks! I`ll do that.

edit: ok, i am starting to feel quite useless now. I don`t konw how to do that either.
    Last edited by maxi90; May 02, 2012 at 07:38 PM.

hey, i can get on version v3.2 okk then i get to the main menu click third age campaign everything's fine up to now the i click isengard then start and when it's loading it just returns to the deskstop without giving me a reason same on custom battles what can i do?

how do i run the program on administrator the option is nulled out so i cant check the box.

Quote Originally Posted by rockiebobo View Post
    how do i run the program on administrator the option is nulled out so i cant check the box.
    U should try disabling UAC. Disable UAC by right mouse click on Medieval II Total War folder which is in C:\ Program Files..\SEGA\, select Properties, Security, Edit, and for Users(your PC name) mark Full Control and Modify for Allow. Apply and OK.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Your account may not actually have administrator rights on your PC. If so, I don't think disabling UAC will work. You need access to an account with administrator privileges.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

first of all: i might do something wrong and thats why need someone to guide cause i dont feel i undestand the guide 100%

after dozen of problems with ctd
    i decide to reinstall the mod

1.i unistall everything relating third age

2.i went to virtual store and then delete anything with third age folders and etc but back up my save games

3.i turn off the uac,and restart my pc

4.i start download 3.0 part 1 and part 2 and then i ll do 3.1 and 3.2

until nowi am doing alright?

need to do something else before those steps?

i ll continue later on ...
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Yep, that all seems to be correct.

Moveric's Avatar Foederatus

Hi all.

I have this annoying error: ... encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I instaled game correctly.

• Moedieval Total War 2
    • Then patches (after 1 reboot)
    • Medieval Total War Kingdoms
    • Patch
    • Third Age Total War
    • Two Patches

I tried to delete all map.rwm file,
    I tried to delete .bin files
    I tried to change .cfg in folder

how it looks:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/Third_Age_3

[io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error
    file = game.script.* logs/pkh.script2.log.txt
    file = game.script* logs/pkh.script.log.txt
    file = game.script logs/pkh.scriptoutput.log.txt
    file = ai.ltgd logs/pkh.ai.log.txt

[video]
    ;windowed = true
    ;movies = false
    show_banners = 0

[misc]
    show_hud_date = true
    ;bypass_sprite_script = 1
    ;rebuild_geography_db = true

[game]
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 0
    unit_size = huge
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    ;event_cutscenes = 0

[multiplayer]
    ## comment/uncomment following line to disable/enable hotseat campaign
    # playable = true
    ## faction mask for setting default starting factions in hotseat campaign
    # factions = 1 # = england, 2 = france, 4 = hre, 3 = england+france, etc

[hotseat]
    ## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    # scroll = false
    ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    # turns = false
    ## enable cheat console in hotseat campaign.
    # disable_console = false
    ## specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    # admin_password = password
    ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    # update_ai_camera = true
    ## enable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    # disable_papal_elections = false
    ## disable forced autoresolve all battles in hotseat campaign
    # autoresolve_battles = false
    ## disable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    # validate_diplomacy = false
    ## disable forced relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    save_prefs = true
    ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    # autosave = true
    ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    save_config = true
    ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    # close_after_save = true
    ## sub directory name for hotseat save games
    # gamename = hotseat_gamename
    ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    # validate_data = true
    ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    # allow_validation_failures = false

[misc]
    ## specify the name of the save game to automatically load when Medieval II is launched
    # bypass_to_strategy_save = game_name.sav

Useless...

I just dont know what to do.

I'm at about 100 turn playing dwarfs and i realy dont want to start from the beginning.

Begging for help.

Hello to everyone - and thanks for all your work!

I have the same problem of Moveric: I think I did everything and still I cannot run the old saves... ?_?

Useless...

I just dont know what to do.

I'm at about 100 turn playing dwarfs and i realy dont want to start from the beginning.

Begging for help.
    Hello to everyone - and thanks for all your work!

I have the same problem of Moveric: I think I did everything and still I cannot run the old saves... ?_?
    You cannot load your old saves if you have the updated version of TATW 3.2 because the patch is not savegame compatible. Meaning that if you started a campaign on TATW 3.0 and now have 3.2, you cant play old saves on your new installment. It would be like trying to play a cassette tape on your computer.

Moveric's Avatar Foederatus

You cannot load your old saves if you have the updated version of TATW 3.2 because the patch is not savegame compatible. Meaning that if you started a campaign on TATW 3.0 and now have 3.2, you cant play old saves on your new installment.

I know.
    I play campaign after instaling all the patches.

I somehow manage to run the game propertly.

After the crash (always when battle stars, never on campaign map), i restart the game, after deleting maps and bin files, wait one turn and try to encounter previous enemy.
    Guess what it...
    IT works -sometime doesnt but i try again the same stuff and BUM! everything is just fine.

@Dardel

Yup. If the save is from previous patch it wont work

Quote Originally Posted by Moveric View Post
    I know.
    I play campaign after instaling all the patches.

I somehow manage to run the game propertly.

After the crash (always when battle stars, never on campaign map), i restart the game, after deleting maps and bin files, wait one turn and try to encounter previous enemy.
    Guess what it...
    IT works -sometime doesnt but i try again the same stuff and BUM! everything is just fine.

@Dardel

Yup. If the save is from previous patch it wont work
    Or try to disable daylight savings: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post11861075. And see does that help.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thanks to all for the wuick replies

I thought that disable cache would have fixed the old saves even in this case. Sorry, I'm just a noob in this kind of things. What I cannot understand now is why, with the last patch, I cannot play the custom battles, even having followed all the steps. It doesn't really matter, I can always unistall everything and just go back to the patch 3.1, the game was working pretty good, never had crashes

Thanks again!

No more problems with custom battle, don't know why. I'm really sorry to post useless things! Thanks again!

Icon9 Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

I have been getting the unspecified error CTD message for a while now, the game started off perfectly. I play this game on a Vista 32-bit computer, and it is definitely powerful enough to run this game. I started playing on version 3.2 of this wonderful mod, but it's become unplayable due to the predictable CTD that I'm getting everytime I try to go into a battle.

I have taken every bit of advice that I could find, with this thread here being the most concise place for advice, which is why I've decided to ask here, can you help fix my game?

I have "upgraded" what the game records, which I will put links to down below.

Please help me fix this great mod so I can continue playing it!

pkh.ai.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?du7ucfz2ydbyd5j

pkh.script.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?37hh41hbjkb5abh

pkh.script2.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?l68s4mque9tpevq

pkh.scriptoutput.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1x14v6jjdh7etwv

auh.system.log
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?nyz8kjvpt8slqvn

Hey, I was wondering how I can find the run as admin. For any of my steam games there is no option at all in properties. Anybody know the problem? I have windows 7 and I can find properties for any other program too. Only steam games can I not run as admin, there are not even as many options to choose from.