Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Crash

Default Battle Crash

Hi, Im a newbie to mods and just recently installed the new Third age total war 1.0 however every time I try to go into a battle on campaign It always comes up with ' Medieval 2 total war has encountered an error and will now exit'.

EVEN my kingdoms battles won't work now, I've tried most things e.g. daylight settings, steam and administration access yet it still never works!!!

It has worked before I remember using it back in maybe 2010 but that was for about a month or so and I have recently got back into the '' Business ''

PLEASE REPLY ASAP!

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Battle Crash

Did you unpack the game?

If you did, then did you delete these two files? If you didn't, then you will be unable to play real-time battles.

1. data\descr_geography_new.txt

2. data\descr_geography_new.db

If you didn't unpack the game, then I can't really give you any more advice unless you provide me with a little more info. What was the last thing you did the last time it was working? Have you changed anything since then? Others who are WAY more experienced than me can probably help you out, but the only other thing I can think of is looking at the "M2TW Crashes and How to Fix Them" thread. Heres the link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=143178

Foederatus

No it might have to do with the Day Light Savings time error. This is weird, I was skeptical too, but yeah if your game crashes in battle, go to your Time and Clock settings or whatever it is called and turn off the Automatically adjust to day light savings time option or whatever it is. That should fix it. It's pretty weird but apparently common.

Foederatus

Oh I didnt read that you tried the Day Light Savings thing, sorry for double post you can delete these mods.

I have tried looking for both files but no I don't seem to have them, unpacking? I don't understand, very sorry.
    I don't have a specific date I played it but maybe a year or two, I thought I could restore it to that time as well but unfortunately no.

Also about 6 months age I tried to install Stainless Steel but the same thing happened there but I took no notice and deleted the whole game, also I found out custom battles work on here but for some reason very laggy!

p.s. I will try to check back here every hour or so, also I'm on windows 7!

Also, I found the unpacker you mentioned before and all I have in the folder is:
    Read me file
    unpack_americas
    unpack_teutonic
    unpack_britainia
    unpack_crusades

Also I remember having a launcher program on medieval 2 total war kingdoms but when I click launch medieval 2 total war the menu does not come up ( The program where you would click play and 5 options would come up, the main game and the the kingdoms expansion)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

You don't need to unpack anything to be able to play TATW, or any other mod I know of. There will be a shortcut at your desctop, or you'll have to create one of the file Third_Age.bat located in your main M2TW folder/mods/Third_Age_3. That is, if you have installed TATW correctly
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Okay, I'm not exactly sure what to tell you. Since you didn't unpack, you don't have to worry about that stuff. Did you check the link I gave you? Does your crash match any of those?

I seriously don't understand i'm very sorry, Is there anything else I could possibly do to help you more?

Hey Guys. I'm having the exact same problem. I can't do real time battles. Literally everytime it crashes. It used to happen randomly, now it's just everytime. I've re-installed twice. Any suggestions?

I am having issues yesterday and today. Have played a few Campaigns already but all of sudden every time I go to a live battle it collapses. MEssages reads

Meideval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Any help is appreciated!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-22.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-23.png[/IMG]

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    I completed 1).

2) was unneccsary and 3) I couldn't work out what to do as in renaming that file.
    0) I set the thing to run as adminsrator and then my Laptop said it couldnt find Kingdoms etc when hitting on the Third Age icon.

I have version 3.1 and dowlnlaoded this a month ago. Play has been fine bar a few crashes but now just crashing every time I go to battle

Appreciate any help and apologies as I am a little slow with this stuff.

Many thanks

IT WAS THE DAY LIGHTS SAVINGS PROBLEM.

Sorry, I just can't believe I spent all that frustration on something so simple lol. This was like Y2k for Total War!

I had the crashes because of the daylight thing, changed the settings and the game played perfectly again. Last couple of days though i've been stuck because everytime I start a battle, the battle begins and runs for about 30seconds before then just crashing. Running 3.1 with Baron Samedi's submods, suggestions please, I have looked at previous suggestions but I didn't really understand :/

I have medieval total war2 gold edition (download from gamestop) and I've installed third age 3.0. I have deleted the files desc new geography (both) and I'm still having complications: Third Age runs fine for about five minutes, then lags in intervals. For example, it will lag on campaign map and also on the battle map, and then after two or three minutes of lag, it will clear up and run PERFECT...for a few minutes. Then the cycle repeats itself. I've manipulated graphics setting to their lowest, however the game still performs this cycle of lagging. I've never encountered this in the kingdoms mods, just third age. I have not unpacked the game. If anyone has encountered this problem please let me know if there is a solution.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

Ok. Im looking at different free downloadable driver updates. Do you have any suggestions as to the best one (free one lol)?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

They all should be free, and you need the ones according to what graphics card you have.

Go to control panel: Device Manager: display adapter, and you should find your graphics card. Click on your graphics card, click on Drivers, and then click on update drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast