Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Thanx for the hints Germanicu5. Also what I found when I have a crash during AI turn in a specific moment (let say after a battle, I save when the game is thinking to make a unit move away or die on the campaing map), I save the game just before and reload it and voilą.

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

hey i tried ewverything this guy said to fix my game and idk why but the game is still messed up and keeps glitching i have no clue whats wrong and it keeps sending a message saying there is an unspecified problem
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@bob doad 111

Please ensure that your game's config is set to detailed logging (see spoiler of opening post to set up such logging), then upload log found in logs directory in your main MTW2 folder. Do it right after a CTD.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

When I'm in a battle were the map is etc all is white, how do I fix this?

When playing the campaign I can't do a battle in the open or the game crashes... It works when I play a siege battle. I have deleted the files rvm files but it didn't help. Is there anything that is sure to work?

There are no definite means of fixing issues, apart from making sure your installation was correct, UAC was off and your hardware can support the game - which is rarely obtainable.

Regards

do you need the cd to play the mod. i am asking to find out if a digital copy would suffice?

i have a problem with unit graphics since i unistalled and installed the game again.it cant get past low unit graphics on the battlefield AND the campaign map is also on low resolution ,no matter what i have selected from options.also on the battlefield the only problem is units,not the grass or vegetation(i can change these).And i dont have any problems with other mods or the original m2tw.Any suggestions on how to resolve this please?

@LtDan5068

Generally you need MTW 2: Kingdoms cd\dvd to play any mod based on it. I understand you're talking about Steam distribution though - yes, this mod works with Steam, but needs a bit more configuration (as any other).

See this thread for more info: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=334458

@crazyOne4u

Check if medieval2.preference.cfg (found in main MTW folder) or TATW.cfg (found in Third_Age directory) contain the following string:
    unit_detail = low
    If they do, change it to your preference manually with notepad (medium\high etc).

Regards

ok my m2 preference is ok(unit detail high as i want it to be),as for the third age cfg file is like this(cant find unit detail)
    [features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/Third_Age

[io]
    file_first = true

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error

[video]
    ;windowed = true
    ;movies = false
    show_banners = 0

[misc]
    show_hud_date = true
    ;bypass_sprite_script = 1

[game]
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 0
    unit_size = huge
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    ;event_cutscenes = 0

[multiplayer]
    ## comment/uncomment following line to disable/enable hotseat campaign
    # playable = true
    ## faction mask for setting default starting factions in hotseat campaign
    # factions = 1 # = england, 2 = france, 4 = hre, 3 = england+france, etc

[hotseat]
    ## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    # scroll = false
    ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    # turns = false
    ## enable cheat console in hotseat campaign.
    # disable_console = false
    ## specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    # admin_password = password
    ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    # update_ai_camera = true
    ## enable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    # disable_papal_elections = false
    ## disable forced autoresolve all battles in hotseat campaign
    # autoresolve_battles = false
    ## disable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    # validate_diplomacy = false
    ## disable forced relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    save_prefs = true
    ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    # autosave = true
    ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    save_config = true
    ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    # close_after_save = true
    ## sub directory name for hotseat save gam

i think the fileis missing something...

could someone post the third age cfg file here pl,so i can copy paste it to my own???

Just add unit_detail = high to [video] section and see what happens, if it doesn't work then review your video settings ingame wrong shader version /texture quality or shadow quality settings might also result in bad graphics quality.

Your TATW.cfg contains correct entries.

If fiddling with them doesn't help, then I'd recommend reinstalling DirectX 9.0c or updating graphics card drivers - although previously named issue seems to be more probable.

Regards

ok i forgot to mention that the units are shorter and rounder in the first custom battle (every time i launch the game),then they get to normal size but still low graphics.i tried to fix the problem by copying the entire video section of m2 pref and pasting to the video section of the third age pref and the first battle glitch is better(not fixed but units are closer to normal size),still not any luck with unit details.Also i dont think the problem is to the DirectX 9.0c or graphics card driver because it already works for the rest of the mods and m2tw,and it worked for TATW before i unistalled it .Maybe if i download again the mod the problem will be solved?

Just wanted to say thank you to the original poster. I have windows xp, and I kept getting the "Medieval Total War II has encountered an unspecified error" error, and some of the suggestions in this thread fixed it. So thank you.

Everytime I went into the "fight battle on the field" (or something like that) button, it would give me that error and close the game down. It was my first battle ever and it gave me that error, I was very disappointed.

After adding the cache line to the config file, as well as one other fix, it fixed the error problem. Just posting this in case someone else has xp and is having the same problem/error I had.

Am using Windows 7 and when I ran the game as an admin as show in in Step 0, I cannot start the game with the message 'Windows cannot find kingdoms.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.'

Libertus

I have the same error as qindarka. Whenever I try to run in administrator mode, the message error occur. However, the mod runs fine if I open it normally (no administrator). It randomly crash during battles, though, so I wanted to try the administrator option.

The link error would suggest UAC issue, please check relevant sections for info.

Regards

Is there anything you know about the sound not working? I have the sound folder with all the sounds that come with, and the folder from the patch 2.1