Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: V1-V3 Royaume de Meravangi (aka Bons Chevaliers) Fan Thread

Default Re: Bons Chevaliers Fan Thread

This faction doesn't seem very popular

I've just started a game with these and I'm loving all of the cavalry and just riding down all of the little infantry that the rebels have, but I'm not sure which direction to go. Do I try to take over Europa; try to get more territories on Ibellica; or head over to that north-west bit of Syrianna?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Firstly, welcome to the World of Thera Cheese Lord! Nice to have another member in our little community

Secondly, I'd try expanding into the Vexille and Medici (both rebels) lands and then hit the Valiente (they seem to get beat up on a lot). Once done with them, do some crusades against the Hispanics, set up a colony on Mesocala, and then crush Avalon with your mighty Cavalry of War.

Thanks for the advice Holy Pilgrim, so when I take the rebel lands should I attack the Teutonic Order an Avalon straight afterwards or wait until I'm stronger?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

It really depends on how they are looking. Usually, Avalon is at war with those blasphemous Gaelics and the Teutonics are at war with the heretical Men of Wotan. Of course you should see how your forces are looking (though if you have the Vexille and Medici lands, that should help quite a bit), but they should be fine once you complete your conquest of those wimpering dogs.

Avalon has a solid position, with it's two major cities on an island. Your cavalry should be able to stomp out their archers and possibly their foot knights. Just be careful since their Foot Guards are pretty sturdy and can take a couple of your horses out quite easily.

The Teutonic Order has some nice heavy infantry and some heavy cavalry that are on par with your own, so they may be a tougher opponent than Avalon on the battlefield, but their starting position is not as good. Their Halbruders and Burghur Pikemen are the two main things you should watch out for. They can put a hurting on your cavalry-dependant faction, seeing how the Bons Chevaliers don't have any outstanding foot soldiers.

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Welcomehere Cheese Lord! You see,it's not like the Bon Chevaliers aren't cool and all that,it's just that there so many good factions in Thera that there's no time to use them all.

Anyway fighting in Europa can start relatively soon,and it depends on who you'd like to fight with,just be sure not to start fighting on two fronts in Europa when you're trying to take Ibellica. The Avalon have only one starting settlement in Europa and usually fight with the Gaelic Tribes on Tethra pretty soon,you could start with them.

I agree, start with the rebel settlements on Europa - but beware of some strong resistance! - then continue with the weakened Avalonians (due to their usual war with the Gaelics) before tackling the often stronger Teutonics. But on the other hand, sometimes things play out rather differently...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And beware of your avatar, considering that the mightiest man around here's a Citizen

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

A funny thing to do :

First siege Eragon turn 1 (turbo mines of doom) then agincourt Turn 2, meanwhile ally with TO and Avalon (they often wage war at each other rather than invade the strongly defended Medici provinces)( give support to the one you'll invade last).

The next move is to go siege Manstein (Faustians often move south first, so you have a little time to take it for yourself), then move to Hoth, then to Corelia (don't use troops from your crappy castle in Ibellica, bring them from Europa)=> This will totally cut off Castle Der Otterbach from Valiente and Faustian, so that you can invade it when you are ready for a lengthy siege/painfull assault. (but that's not top priority)

After cutting CDO off, you're aiming for Gul Annubis first (if available) and/or Gul lanna. The local archers (be it numari/tushkan/eden) are a great boon to your army.

Having alliances with TO, Avalon, Valiente and Faustian will give you time to build up ( and seize the rebel settlements neglected by the AI), and from this point you can choose who to smash !
    Last edited by Humakty; September 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

How do I get more Templar chapter houses because I haven't been offered one yet and I'm about 60 turns into my game?

But I've been offered two Knights of St John chapter houses but I don't know how I got them because I thought that the Bons Chevaliers only got Templars, and the Kingdom of Avalon got the Hospitaliers.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

its like in vanilla medieval 2, the factions get to choose either one or the other. Getting chapter houses is a chancy thing, you'll need to just cross your fingers and hope that you get templars. If you dont want to wait, take the hospitallers, they are quite nice too

I accepted both of the Hospitalier offers but I would have preferred the Templars because it says that they have close ties to the Bons Chevaliers and I think that they look cooler.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

recruiting templars or Hospitalliers units gives you points that that are totalled up, when you hit a threshold you are offered a chapter house, The chevaillers can have either, but because they start with a templar chapter house you have more chance of being offered further templar houses, the opposite is true for Avalon. You can however get both (although not in the same region) Pale Knights start with one of each

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

but the TO can only get their own chapter houses, right?

Yes,

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Oh,I thought that building either the Templar or Hospitalier chapter house blocked the construction of the other one...and I actually thought that the PK managed to recruit both of them only because they already had both chapter houses at the campaign start. Silly me...you never stop learning,I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraunon View Post
    Oh,I thought that building either the Templar or Hospitalier chapter house blocked the construction of the other one...and I actually thought that the PK managed to recruit both of them only because they already had both chapter houses at the campaign start. Silly me...you never stop learning,I guess.
    That may of been the case in vanilla, iirc I disabled that trigger for version 1. TBH I cant remember it was five years ago, and a lot of coding has been done since then. There is certainly no block on having both (same faction different regions) in Thera ( I have just checked the triggers)

I see,thanks for the explanation. I'm still going to recruit only Templars with the BCs and Hospitaliers with the Avalon,anyway.
    And what about the "grand master" title?Is that faction related or you simply need a chapter house to be built?

Not faction related, it is chosen from factions with chapter houses.

These guys are my new favorite faction. I've conquered all of Syrianna except Paj Mokar which is owned by the Romuli, and Padmea, which is the Barka's last settlement. Already killed their heir and Saladin. The first Sultan died of sickness, and the last one is horribly scared from the battle that he narrowly survived. He is beseiged at the moment, and the next turn the Barka will fall.

Other progress includes complete conquest of Northern Ibellica, the destruction of the Faustians, the ongoing invasion of the Valiente, which seems a likely victory. I have a foothold on the SW of Tethra, I just launched the Invasion of Avalon, and Knutsford is mine. Their king in Glastonbury will be dead next turn, and Arthur is next. I hope to get Excalibur. I recently conquered a foothold on Mesocala, and plan to war on the Kukalkans when the wars with Avalon, the Valiente, and the Dracule are over.

My conquest of Slavia is looking grim, but Kretov, Verstov, and the NW mainland are mine. I hope to send more reinforcements.

My treasury is overflowing, and the Inquisition was weakened by the Faustian invasion army. My conquest of Thera is looking great.

Oh, I forgot, all of Europa but the starting Teutonic settlements are mine. My grand total of an army is about 300,000, but that takes a ton of money to support.
    Last edited by Heart of Madness; November 18, 2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Grammar

Good work The Dragon Reborn! The BCs need some love,they have a lot of interesting points,and I'll have to find the time to roleplay them a bit,but I don't know if I have the time...what with V4 coming and Steam putting up those nice December sales...

Ha ha! Two armies are camped outside Castle Dracule. One is entirely mercenary, the other is an army of my own.

I could just use one stack to take the castle, but now the mercenaries make it even easier. I'll send them up to Kosavar, and kill their brave prince. It's just him and four units of Blood Knights.

Now I have the Dracule and Avalon by their tiny testicles.

Oh, and lets not forget the Barka.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2010 at 03:27 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast