Thread: British Regimental Colours

Default British Regimental Colours

Looking for a website with British regimental colours from the period, anyone know?

Default Re: British Regimental Colours

Though these are from the 1770s-80s, they are basically the same as they were in the Napoleonic era.

http://www.fifedrum.org/crfd/BD_1.htm

except for the fact that cus of the integration of Ireland into the Union flag/Jack in 1801, the flag was different
    Last edited by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠; May 27, 2010 at 05:03 AM.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Sanguis's Avatar Tiro

Here are the colours for for the 41st Regiment of foot who served in North America during the war of 1812 and later in Belgium and the occupation of Paris in 1815. Hope this helps.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Maybe this website can be helpful

http://www.warflag.com/napflags/flaghtml/britindx.htm

Cheers

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!

The system is quite simple, and except for "tribal" specialities, like honour badges, numbering etc, its as follows:

Foot Guards: very complicated system with separate colours for each company, rotating daily or weekly which ones that are used as the battalions colours on campaign. .

Line infantry: One Kings Colour and one Regimental Colour pr. battalion. The Kings Colour is a Union Jack with all the regimental decorations, the regimental colour has small UJ in the upper canton closest to the pole, and is otherwise in the regimental facing colour (with the regimental decorations, royal cypher etc).

Exeptions are regiments with red, white and black facings AFAIK, they all have the solution with the St. Georges Cross as given above for the 41st.

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR-Boy View Post
    except for the fact that cus of the integration of Ireland into the Union flag/Jack in 1801, the flag was different

"Basically the same" is what I wrote. The change of the colours was pretty minor, and they largely stayed the same. The change in the King's colours is the only real change. Otherwise the regimental colours stayed pretty similar. If you want to know what they looked like, all you have to do is add the X to the Union Jack.

I did a little more research on the system of how they determined the design of Regimental colours and must say again thank you guys for all the help, esp. 43rdfoot but I +rep for all who provided links!