Thread: Another port in the United Provinces

AequorVirtus's Avatar Laetus

Default Another port in the United Provinces

Another port in the United Provinces

I would be very surprised if I was the only one who was irritated by the the single port in the Netherlands region so I wondered what everyones views on the topic might be.

Up until the time when Napoleon took control over the Dutch Republic, Amsterdam was the main naval port and once there I believe Napoleon ordered the construction of the port Den Helder which today
    is the main naval port in the Netherlands. I don't suppose there is a mod out there or if anyone is willing to take on the challenge of making such a mod whereby a port town could be created at the tip of the
    Holland region named Den Helder? Maybe making it a village that has to emerge to represent an element of historical accuracy. I would take into account that there is simply not enough room to have a ready
    made port near Amsterdam facing into the Zeider Zee Though such a mod would be fantastic!
    However I am somewhat scepticle that such a mod could be too hard to create or such an overhaul it may cause a CTD when combined with other mods if not just by itself.

Please respond .

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Another port in the United Provinces

I second the idea.

The Netherlands where able to keep up with the British regarding ship construction, they would build quality ships at an amazing speed, including warships. Warships and trade ships both need to be buildable in the Netherlands.

Indefinitely Banned

They need one military port.

I thought I saw this thread before, Finaly found it. In another thread I opted an simalar idea, based on this thread. The thread I posted this in was this and the post was as following,
    The lower part is the interisting part I think/hope.

Quote Originally Posted by skap187 View Post

I even got an idea for a mod, which ofcourse I cannot make myself. What bothers me a little bit is that a country like UP only has one, okay big, harbour. Someone else mentioned it also suggesting to make a port in I believe Den Helder or someting. Even Denmark has two later on even three I believe. Now I do think I understand the geographic problem of UP that there just isn´t enough space on the map to add something. So I thougt maybe it´s possible to change something.
    Make Amsterdam a port also, as it should be and place the gouvernment buildings and stuff to The Hague, where in reality they also are and always have been. (excapting maybe the palace, but put it in The Hague anyway.)
    Not making the advantage of the UP to big I would suggest to bring back Rotterdam to a trading harbour one step smaller then it is now at the beginning of the campain as it is bigger then all others I believe, currently one of the advantages of the UP when starting with them. Make Amsterdam harbour equaly sized and atleast within UP there is more trading potential.
    Then when you later on capture Flanders you have a navy port there, which is historicly very incorrect, but okay. What do you guys think about it?
    I still would opt for a second trabing port. Especialy because trade was the Dutch thing and also the Fluyts are pretty strong (which historicly is incorrect) to start with anyway. Later you will have to get Antwerps anyway, which is a navy port so that would solve that.
    Last edited by skap187; April 08, 2011 at 04:07 AM.

Anyone anything? guess everybody´s playing shogun2 the first couple of months...

AequorVirtus's Avatar Laetus

Hello friend! You are semi right with the Shogun thing

Like you I am still looking for such a change with the UP. Horribly I suspect that because CA hasn't released those modding tools (or whatever the clever modding people need ) it's simply impossible to add another port :/

Sorry for my late reaction and I do not know anything about modding so here goes.
    Wouldn´t it be easier to change cities then to add cities. So make The Hague the government city, which it in fact is and make Amsterdam the harbour city, which it in those days was.
    The only thing is that Amsterdam wouldn´t be the capital anymore, personaly I can live with that.

Scoltand Needs one too.Playing as Scoltand, I Need a Naval and a Trade Port. Glasgow built like hald the owrlds ships and thats not represented by a trading port. But I still Need to trade.