Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Legitimacy of Israel [Copperknickers vs. Goodguy1066] Commentary Thread

Senno's Avatar C'est la Vie.
    Civitate

Default The Legitimacy of Israel [Copperknickers vs. Goodguy1066] Commentary Thread

Commentary thread for this debate established.

I will be watching this commentary thread closely as the subject can be a touchy one.

Debate here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=360695
    Last edited by Каие; May 29, 2010 at 10:24 AM.

♔Goodguy1066♔'s Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The Legitimacy of Israel [Copperknickers vs. Goodguy1066]

Will hopefully post the argument tommorow...
    A member of the Most Ancient, Puissant and Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Both male and female walruses have tusks and have been observed using these overgrown teeth to help pull themselves out of the water.

The mustached and long-tusked walrus is most often found near the Arctic Circle, lying on the ice with hundreds of companions. These marine mammals are extremely sociable, prone to loudly bellowing and snorting at one another, but are aggressive during mating season. With wrinkled brown and pink hides, walruses are distinguished by their long white tusks, grizzly whiskers, flat flipper, and bodies full of blubber.
    Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
    The walrus' other characteristic features are equally useful. As their favorite meals, particularly shellfish, are found near the dark ocean floor, walruses use their extremely sensitive whiskers, called mustacial vibrissae, as detection devices. Their blubbery bodies allow them to live comfortably in the Arctic region—walruses are capable of slowing their heartbeats in order to withstand the polar temperatures of the surrounding waters.
    The two subspecies of walrus are divided geographically. Atlantic walruses inhabit coastal areas from northeastern Canada to Greenland, while Pacific walruses inhabit the northern seas off Russia and Alaska, migrating seasonally from their southern range in the Bering Sea—where they are found on the pack ice in winter—to the Chukchi Sea. Female Pacific walruses give birth to calves during the spring migration north.
    Only Native Americans are currently allowed to hunt walruses, as the species' survival was threatened by past overhunting. Their tusks, oil, skin, and meat were so sought after in the 18th and 19th centuries that the walrus was hunted to extinction in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and around Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

This'll certainly be one to watch, although I bet it mysteriously disappears as soon as it shows that Israel is losing

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Civitate

I don't believe that any of these assigned Staff Mods would abuse their authority. There are no Local Mods assigned at present who are not also Staff. No threads "mysteriously disappear", it's just your viewpoint which is limited.

Garbarsardar, Яome kb8, Sqυιd, Sidmen, Lord Consul, Thanatos, TB666, JrdBnta, Gertrudius!, Belisarius, Noble Savage, Darth Red, Senno

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Senno View Post
    I don't believe that any of these assigned Staff Mods would abuse their authority. There are no Local Mods assigned at present who are not also Staff. No threads "mysteriously disappear", it's just your viewpoint which is limited.

Garbarsardar, Яome kb8, Sqυιd, Sidmen, Lord Consul, Thanatos, TB666, JrdBnta, Gertrudius!, Belisarius, Noble Savage, Darth Red, Senno
    Wow, you really lost your sense of humour since becoming a moderator, didn't you Senno? I was making a joke referring to the cliché about Jewish conspiracies. Christ. The fact you bothered typing out all those names is quite funny though.
    Last edited by Jom; May 26, 2010 at 04:18 PM.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    This'll certainly be one to watch, although I bet it mysteriously disappears as soon as it shows that Israel is losing
    You just be happy the thread is the only thing to "disappear".

No, seriously, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Under the stern but loving patronage of Nihil.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Wow, you really lost your sense of humour since becoming a moderator, didn't you Senno? I was making a joke referring to the cliché about Jewish conspiracies. Christ. The fact you bothered typing out all those names is quite funny though.
    Didn't type anything. Just copy/paste. Complex operation.

Actually this thread being driven off-topic due to "cliché about Jewish conspiracies" was what I was referring to originally when I thought I should keep watch.

Civitate

Glad to see you back in here Senno. Bloody hell, it;s been time man.

But off topic isn;t really enforced here., It's a commentary, and thus people can talk about anything. We'll monitor for insults and hissy fits. We should let them steer it anyway they want, really, the topic is broad.

Civitate

Thanky, good to be back. I still seem to have local mod privileges as well. I thought they would be gone after I had resigned in a PM to Garb months ago.

Civitate

Is it not cos you;re a D&D moderator?

Civitate

I can still choose Garbs FC Local Mod in my user groups. I'm sure Junior Mod permissions duplicate local mod in here, but I can still be silver and a Brigadier.

You, VP and I are leaders of Garbs FC Local Mods. lawl.

Edit: Dang, can't get Brigadier to show as a rank.
    Last edited by Senno; May 26, 2010 at 05:13 PM.

Again - extremely sorry. I'm much busier than I expected myself to be, I still can't find the time to post an argument. It's very frustrating, but do bare with me...
    A member of the Most Ancient, Puissant and Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Both male and female walruses have tusks and have been observed using these overgrown teeth to help pull themselves out of the water.

The mustached and long-tusked walrus is most often found near the Arctic Circle, lying on the ice with hundreds of companions. These marine mammals are extremely sociable, prone to loudly bellowing and snorting at one another, but are aggressive during mating season. With wrinkled brown and pink hides, walruses are distinguished by their long white tusks, grizzly whiskers, flat flipper, and bodies full of blubber.
    Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
    The walrus' other characteristic features are equally useful. As their favorite meals, particularly shellfish, are found near the dark ocean floor, walruses use their extremely sensitive whiskers, called mustacial vibrissae, as detection devices. Their blubbery bodies allow them to live comfortably in the Arctic region—walruses are capable of slowing their heartbeats in order to withstand the polar temperatures of the surrounding waters.
    The two subspecies of walrus are divided geographically. Atlantic walruses inhabit coastal areas from northeastern Canada to Greenland, while Pacific walruses inhabit the northern seas off Russia and Alaska, migrating seasonally from their southern range in the Bering Sea—where they are found on the pack ice in winter—to the Chukchi Sea. Female Pacific walruses give birth to calves during the spring migration north.
    Only Native Americans are currently allowed to hunt walruses, as the species' survival was threatened by past overhunting. Their tusks, oil, skin, and meat were so sought after in the 18th and 19th centuries that the walrus was hunted to extinction in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and around Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia.

bare with me
    You always correct people so I have to point this out.

"Bare with me" would mean "get naked with me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man
    obviously I'm a large angry black woman and you're a hot blonde!

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

What's your point?

np Goodguy, gives me time to work on my argument.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitsar View Post
    "Bare with me" would mean "get naked with me."
    I won't force you if you don't want to...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Secret Sig Content Box!

I am new to this battle-debate stuff.
    Will watch with interest
    I do the wrong, and first begin to brawl.
    The secret mischiefs that I set abroach

I lay unto the grievous charge of others.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy

With odd old ends, stol'n out of holy writ;

And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."

Shakespeare´s "Richard III"

Civitate

I'm still the law around here. If anyone misbehaves they shall be smietd by the green hand of the lord.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Am really looking forward to this...Perhaps it will illuminate my profoundly ignorant existence...

Somebody save me a timeslot in trubunal, it might need it...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Re: The Legitimacy of Israel [Copperknickers vs. Goodguy1066] Commentary Thread

Will be following this one, too.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Re: The Legitimacy of Israel [Copperknickers vs. Goodguy1066] Commentary Thread

Has this been abandoned?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast