Thread: Projectile column effect discovered

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Projectile column effect discovered

The 4th unkown column after the 'damage' column in the projectiles tables is related to the air resistance faced by a projectile.

I made the discovery having read the DB manual some pages back in this forum, where it said that shell/projectile fragments had very high values in this previously unknown column. Knowing how these objects behaved in-game, I gave a rocket projectile the value '300', with the effect that the projectile slowed down almost immedeately and fell to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Default Re: Projectile column effect discovered

Brilliant work, +rep
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

How do you know its not the effect gravity has on the projectile?

EDIT: Oh I see you said it slowed as well.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Did you let the PFM makers know so they can label the column in the next iteration of the tool? Please do!
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Hmm so this is like a drag coefficient? Interesting. Will have to fool around with it some time.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Hmm so this is like a drag coefficient? Interesting. Will have to fool around with it some time.
    I have, it has a strange effect relating to cannister. If you put it high enough the cannister leaves the barrel like normal and after a while slows down immensly and falls to the earth. Almost as if it someone put a magnet under its flight path (i know, wrong metal)
    I think the number might refer to a distance, rather than the force exerted upon the projectile. Its a very useful way of really limiting a projectile to a distance, but it doesnt look very realistic.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Setting this factor to one...represents one gravity. I have all weapons set at realistic ranges...so projectiles fall realistically.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

is there any change if you set it to 10 instead of 1? I remember testing it some time back, and didnt get what i wanted to achieve ( having round shots to bounce low and more)