Thread: Portraits

Default Portraits

A few people have mentioned that the vanilla portraits don't suit the mod very well. Please discuss here various portrait styles and options

Default Re: Portraits

i would say the trojan (non epic hero) faces are a bit out of place with the rest of the trojans, i would segest somebody creates a selection of generic trojan, and archean faces. some of the greek ones look out of place by looking at the visible neck normaly you can see armour and a lot of the greek defult is later style armour, white macedonian style. plus the texture on the faces could do with some 3Dying when you compare them with the epic heroes. i wouldn't give the normal heroes fancy, sky backgrounds though. mayby just walls or temples.

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

Funny you should mention the sky backgrounds, I've just done an overhaul of the lighting system for aristeia and come up with (what zenith and i at least consider) a vast improvement over the current lighting system. I was considering giving all of the new portraits this sort of sky background with some varieties (including some buildings) because it partially defines the style of the existing ones.

how ironic.

yeh i think the epic heroes like Aias and the famous one should keep their epic sky weather storm sunset thing going. with the lesser heroes with a bit more of a pathetic scene. like the roman city back grounds.

is the new lighting system going to be released soon. ( i must say i think the night fights are slightly lacking. i love the sky but it seems to light, i think it should be darker but keep the aristeia trademark muskyness)

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

I'm not sure, I have to figure out some other features first, and do the new set of portraits. Modding is a slow business

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

I would like to see some more Zhuge original portraits Would you consider using celebs for other minor heroes, but just their portraits?

They'll probably mostly be faces I come up with one way or another and which are supplemented by real life people who submit their pictures. Judging from the responce to the hero competition though I doubt there will be a huge amount of interest. I thought people would think it quite cool to have a 3d version of themselves lol.

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

I did until I read up on his traits and realised he had a drinking problem and was infertile

Haha, but seriously, its freaking cool.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I would but I fear i may be to beautiful for the RTW engine.