Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Default Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Battlefield: Bad Company is the latest game in the Battlefield series and I must say that it has had a great reception by pretty much everyone who has played it.

The main reason anyone would want to buy this game is for the multiplayer, but let's go into the Singleplayer first:

The Singleplayer Campaign:
    Now like most FPS single player campaigns, BFBC2 features a storyline of action and drama for you to complete. The Campaign itself is actually quite short and only takes a few hours to complete but if you are a Call of Duty player, these few hours are needed for you to get adjusted to the controls and mechanics of the game. The Campaign starts in the 1940s at the peak of WW2. The first mission is just to give you some knowledge of what the main storyline is about. In the first mission you play as a US Marine and you and your team must penetrate a Japanese Base to recover a defecting Japanese Scientist. Part way through the mission the other squad is seen and blown to bits, the Japanese then spot your boat and start shooting at you. You then dive into the water and in the process lose all of your weapons, leaving you with just your knife. You must, once ashore, navigate your way through trenches, roads and paths to find the scientist and get out. At the end of the Mission you are escaping on a US Sub when a supersonic boom comes from underneath the water and sinks the sub. Personally this would have to be my favorite of all of the missions in BFBC2, but this isn't the same with many players.

After that mission you know play as a US Soldier, Preston Marlowe and you start out in Russia trying to recover an informant. You then ambush a Russian squad which, disappointingly only takes a few seconds. It is all very exciting and you must blast your way through a village to the other end where you are pinned down in a tow story building. Soon a Russian Tank arrives and starts blasting the house, you must quickly get out and use your binoculars to designate the tank for an air strike. Once that is done it's all quite easy to get to the end of that mission.

I will only brush slightly on the rest of the missions as everything is hard to cover but I'd like to give you a good idea of what you're getting. Through the next few missions you will follow the Russians, which are still holding the informant. Soon, you are sent to another country to try and recapture the informant. You must fight militia and town guard to get him back. Some of the missions and fire fights are quite difficult but most you will get through with ease. The campaign gives you enough difficulty to make it hard but enough features to make it fun so it's a good combination. After several missions you will find out that the CIA Informant is actually on the Russians side and he is killed. But you must then chase down and kill the Russian Colonel. In one of the missions you are in the desert trying to find the secret weapon that the Japanese had at the end of WW2. This mission is my least favorite as it is boring and tedious so once you get past it you will be glad. The last mission is where you have boarded a plane in a city under siege and you must take control of the place because the Russian Colonel is trying to use his weapon on the US. It's all very dramatic and you must blast your way to the cockpit and take control of the plane. Once you blow up the weapon you then parachute to earth and you are then confronted by a the US Army General. He then tells you that the Russians are invading through Alaska and you must leave. Sadly, this is where the campaign stops. I was hoping to go to Alaska and fight the Russians but it is quite unfullfilling at the end.

The campaign has some cool features though, like the ability to ride quad bikes, drive trucks, use C4 to blow up whole buildings just to name a few. One thing I really like are the supply drops. In most FPS games you have a selection of weapons that are available to you in each mission. But in BFBC2 once you unlock a weapon it is available to you to use via the supply drop feature. In each mission there are a couple of crates full of weapons. You can then restock, resupply and repick your weapons from the box.

But the main reason you want to get Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is for the Multiplayer, so lets move onto that.

The Multiplayer Modes:
    Now BFBC2 is like many FPS games where you have a large selection of weapons, classes, perks and maps but there are several things that set BFBC2 apart from others.

In the multiplayer modes you have all the weapons you get in the singleplayer plus many more that are MP only. Of course, you must advance through the ranks to unlock them though. And unlike Call of Duty 4 or 6, these ranks are fairly hard to abtain. There is a selection of many maps with many different vehicles and chokepoints to use to your advantage.

There are also many different game modes in the MP of BFBC2. Like most other games of it's kind, there is a normal "Deathmatch" mode where you team up with a squad to fight a number of other squads to gain points. Another is Rush and Squad Rush. These modes are where you must choose a side and you start with two objectives on the map that you must take. These are usually buildings. If you are on the attacking side you must fight your way to the objectives, plant a charge and then see that the enemy does not unarm the charge. Once you complete the first two objectives you are then given two more etc. Some maps have up to 8 objectives while some only have 4.

There is also Conquest mode where it is pretty much a 'capture the flags' mode. You must choose between two teams and then battle it out to abtain strategic places on the map. Once you hold an objective you must then hold that point to gain points. Once you lose that objective, you don't gain the points for it anymore. If you lose all of the places on the map then your score decreases while the enemies is increasing rapidly.

The MP is all very fun and you will have many "OMFG" moments and moments where your jaw hits the floor. There are many times where you can blow a whole building full of enemies apart with C4. The vehicles also give you many more things to have fun with. There are many different vehicles such as tanks, humvees, UAV units, choppers, quad bikes and jetskis. The MP mode of the game requires much teamwork and organized fighting. So it's handy to be playing on a server that speakes your own lanquage instead of some Balkan wish-was.

Overall I think it's possibly one of the best FPS games yet. And I would recommend it to any FPS or action game fan... come to think of it, I'd recommend it to anyone. But there are some minor issues with the game like sometimes you will have trouble killing someone at point black range with an LMG but they are all quite small.

I'd give this an overall 9.2/10.
    Last edited by Capt. Fozdike; May 26, 2010 at 06:05 PM.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Pretty good, but too much walkthrough (or at least for the SP part), and not enoguh review

Some very small grammar issues.

Just 1 thing:
    Campaign
    is called 'Conquest' mode

Ah that's right. I couldn't remember lol
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Indefinitely Banned

Very good!
    It is a really good game Do you think 1 or 2 is the best?

I actually didn't play the first one. Is it any good?

The first BC had better MP maps , the conquest maps had more points(flags) to capture which made the tactics different a more balanced affair.

BC2 does have better graphics and they have done work on bullet physics so it is a brilliant game and to my joy they are bringing 2 of the BC1 mp maps to BC2 namely harvest day (my favorite next to the golf course) and oasis which was a tough map to say the least but this will add another layer to MP.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

I just got this one as well.

On the whole I like it better than MW2
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

The only thing I don't like to much with BC2 is the way they rebalanced the classes, since the support class lost all explosive ability. Yes, I like to blow stuff up.
    Patronized by Hader.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

I love the game. Send me a pm if ya want to add me.

They Need way longer matches. You hardly get to do anything until the stupid R-Com stations are destroyed. Otherwise it's a great game. Go Dice

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucken View Post
    They Need way longer matches. You hardly get to do anything until the stupid R-Com stations are destroyed. Otherwise it's a great game. Go Dice
    dude i played a match for about 1 hour because each time the we (the attackers) were about to lose, we managed to destroy the last M-Com, I was exhausted at the end and I had almost 7 000 points just for killing people and achieving objectives (and I had died like 8 bazillion times).
    Patronized by Hader.

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

I completley agree with this review, which is odd :/ then again it is one of the best if not the best fps's ever.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

I really like this game, and the graphics are stunning, however it's not like the BF2 series where you depend on your squad as much because the maps are more linear and you spawn on squad mates instead of a sole spawner.

Diggiz's Avatar Laetus

Thank you for review, good. I love this game and playing.