Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome 40K Pictures & Videos.

Default Re: Awesome 40K Picture

They are daemons - that alone makes them extremely dangerous and resilient already. To clarify, chaos daemons are created from tiny bits of the power and essence of a chaos god at the respective god's whim, which inadverently causes them to also take on aspects/habits of their gods and also tends to give them a certain amount of supernatural daemonic powers. Similarly, they return to their god again if they die or their god wants them to, effectively rendering daemons infinite in supply. The only thing you can really do against them is to beat them temporarily and then go and close the gate with which they actually enter the material world. The problem is that that gate does not necessarily have to be a physical structure - it could be a powerful psychic individual or a severely desecrated and corrupted region of land, for example.
    In short, daemons can be so overpowering in raw power and sheer numbers that there is nothing else left for the Imperium to do but to destroy/sterilize an entire planet. That is what they call an "exterminatus". Naturally, Imperial forces try everything to not having to resort to such extreme measures...
    http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Exterminatus

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    I really dont see how rushing a group of heavily armed and armoured, troops while you have no armor or weapons at all, is a very viable tactic can anyone elobrate on the genuis of the chaos demons?
    Thats the whole point with Chaos. It's not supposed to make sense. If it makes sense it's not very Chaotic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gallant Forty-Twa View Post
    Yeah there are small lightning bolt shapes around the flash but surely a Plasma Cannon would fire blue projectiles with a bluer flash?

I wander how long that lone Fist has left to live (the one completely surrounded by Chaos in the centre of the picture).

Clearly there's a Reaver Pattern Titan behind the Fists though. You just can't see it
    Thats the Leeroy Jenkins of the Imperial Fists platoon. Leave him alone.... He's my friend. LOOOL! I suspect since he's a Leeroy Jenkins he'll die very very quickly.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Thats the whole point with Chaos. It's not supposed to make sense. If it makes sense it's not very Chaotic.
    if you can't kill them, then why should they use armour?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    I rarely see Daemon wearing armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I rarely see Daemon wearing armor.
    Only bloodthirsters really.
    Art //

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just a few of the pics ive saved to my pc over the years. some really good artists out there, and the forum link i posted there's some really good ones of primarchs etc (a fantastic one of Sanguinius in HH i think i saw there once)

Nice pics Carach. The first one, is that a Titan I see behind those Grey Knights?

Also, I love that infamous Titan pic with all the Chaos shooting at it and doing no damage. Just brilliant. Sums up the whole feel of Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Makes them even more intimidating and frightening to look at. But then again this is Chaos we're talking about so I may be reading too far into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post

Just a few of the pics ive saved to my pc over the years. some really good artists out there, and the forum link i posted there's some really good ones of primarchs etc (a fantastic one of Sanguinius in HH i think i saw there once)
    that chaos space marine has a tube up his nose, hehe.
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Only bloodthirsters really.
    arent those things pretty much machines?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

I have triple post, I am now more evil then the god's of chaos and c'tan combined, FEAR ME FOR I AM YOUR DOOM.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Makes them even more intimidating and frightening to look at. But then again this is Chaos we're talking about so I may be reading too far into this.
    it's more frightening if your enemy come to fight without protection (I lolz)
    and bloodthirsters are greater deamons of khorne, so no mazhines xd

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

arent those things pretty much machines?
    Its only Juggernoughts of Khorne that are machine like, not Bloodthirsters.....

I have triple post, I am now more evil then the god's of chaos and c'tan combined, FEAR ME FOR I AM YOUR DOOM.
    I doubt that...........

On a side not here are some more cool pictures for you guys:

Moorish guy this is your doom........

Commisar with some Kasrkin

Marbo hunting Lictors

Mad Ogryn

Steel Legion

Tallarn Sniper

Sanguinious Vs. Ka'bhandha

Art //

SWEET. The Kasrkin and Steel Legion are my favs. Awesome pics all round though.

Its only Juggernoughts of Khorne that are machine like, not Bloodthirsters.....

I doubt that...........

On a side not here are some more cool pictures for you guys:

Moorish guy this is your doom........

Commisar with some Kasrkin

Marbo hunting Lictors

Mad Ogryn

Steel Legion

Tallarn Sniper

Sanguinious Vs. Ka'bhandha

In the first picture is he going to shoot him or bash him with his axe? If he smashed him with his axe first the bullet would be usless, but If he shot him then his head would explode like on Fallout 3 and then the axe would be useless.

As for the last picture.

Moorish Guy thats not Sanguinious Vs. A bloodthirster, its a keeper of secrets.........
    Art //

Moorish Guy thats not Sanguinious Vs. A bloodthirster, its a keeper of secrets.........
    Can you specfiy witch picture you are reffering to?

Can you specfiy witch picture you are reffering to?
    That one you posted.
    Art //

That one you posted.
    so kababasb is a bloodlister? and what is a keeper of secerts?