Page 1 of 138 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome 40K Pictures & Videos.

Default Awesome 40K Pictures & Videos.

What does everyone think of this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EDIT: This thread can also be for showcasing other cool 40k art.
    Last edited by Ulysses S. Grant; April 05, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
    Art //

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Awesome 40K Picture

I think it's ing awesome, but that the SM are about to lose, considering there seems to be a Chaos Titan in the background.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Is that space marine shooting a Plasma gun ... and having the same muzzle effect as a bolter?
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sidmen View Post
    Is that space marine shooting a Plasma gun ... and having the same muzzle effect as a bolter?

Nah, its blast is much bigger, and has lightning-looking lines around it.

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    I think it's ing awesome, but that the SM are about to lose, considering there seems to be a Chaos Titan in the background.
    Considering the lack of fire coming from the Titan, I'm guessing they're both fighting over it and neither side is actually manning it.

Yeah there are small lightning bolt shapes around the flash but surely a Plasma Cannon would fire blue projectiles with a bluer flash?

I wander how long that lone Fist has left to live (the one completely surrounded by Chaos in the centre of the picture).

Clearly there's a Reaver Pattern Titan behind the Fists though. You just can't see it
    Last edited by The Gallant Forty-Twa; May 25, 2010 at 06:53 AM.

Yeah there are small lightning bolt shapes around the flash but surely a Plasma Cannon would fire blue projectiles with a bluer flash?
    This depends on who made the image/movie/book. Different people have different ideas about how certain weapons look when they fire.

I wander how long that lone Fist has left to live (the one completely surrounded by Chaos in the centre of the picture).
    That marine who is boltgunning a bloodletter point blank will save him

Clearly there's a Reaver Pattern Titan behind the Fists though. You just can't see it

A Reaver wouldn't last long against the chaos Warlord Titan.
    Art //

This is my new desktop backgroung

Do you know what artist made this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by DrMabutu View Post
    This is my new desktop backgroung

Do you know what artist made this picture?
    The artists name is Destr3ga. You can find him on deviant art: http://destr3ga.deviantart.com/

And also here is another cool piece of work by him:

Also does anyone think that Lysanders head looks a bit like James Hetfield from Metallica?
    Last edited by Ulysses S. Grant; November 06, 2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Art //

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

He must be Imperial Fists fanboy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

one question

where did you get this image at such a high res?

The guy's Deviantart page has it at this resolution when you click to zoom on it.

The link to his page is further up, and he has some seriously amazing stuff.

Lt.Bradford's Avatar Domesticus

It may be fantasy but:

Um why is there a space marine in the middle of the charging chaos horde, it looks like he has his hand on something?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

He has his left hand on the left shoulder of that Khornate Chaos Space Marine. We can't see his right hand but you can see the chainsword he is holding - no doubts about it, he is going up close and personal into melee combat.

Hes going for the kill. But i doubt he will last very long.

Also does anybody remember where that Daemon Prince is alsxo found and what his name is?
    Lets see who can find out.
    Art //

Under the treads of my Baneblade?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Hes going for the kill. But i doubt he will last very long.

Also does anybody remember where that Daemon Prince is alsxo found and what his name is?
    Lets see who can find out.
    I guess it's Dhar'leth of the Black Legion. Fits in with the general design and colour scheme of the armour (as well as that of the other Chaos Marines), though I have to say that the picture at the lexicanum makes him appear even more beastly/daemonic/frightening in nature than the image here. Still, a good picture nonetheless in that regard.
    http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dhar%27leth

Quote Originally Posted by The Gallant Forty-Twa View Post
    Under the treads of my Baneblade?
    Always a very good place to start looking. Especially after a battle...
    Last edited by Tankfriend; May 27, 2010 at 05:46 PM.

You got it right mate.
    Art //

I really dont see how rushing a group of heavily armed and armoured, troops while you have no armor or weapons at all, is a very viable tactic can anyone elobrate on the genuis of the chaos demons?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow