Thread: O Turn Recruitment

Default O Turn Recruitment

In some of the other mods you can activate 0 Turn recruitment. Is there any way to make this happen in Aristeia. I have already gone into the expr_unit file and changed some of the build times from 4 to 1 (Spartoi) for example...but I see nothing which allows for the whole recruitment pipe to be done in one turn.

Default Re: O Turn Recruitment

You'd have to change it for each unit. There may be an editor out there that does all in one go (you can try looking in the downloads section), but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post
    You'd have to change it for each unit. There may be an editor out there that does all in one go (you can try looking in the downloads section), but I'm not sure.

Yeah I had gone in and changed each one for each particular unit...I was looking for something that cleared out the whole Queue (If I recurited 4 archers, and all 4 infantry at once...i'd have all after my next turn, instead of 8 turns).

I'll look in the download section.

Ajax_The_Great's Avatar Libertus

i once made this on my Aristeia but the ai donīt work very well with 0 Turn recruitment i think is better you leave the way it is.

This mod is awosome the way he is

i have played a few other mods with 0 turn recruitment, and guess what, i found them all rubbish and unrealistic. the AI doesn't know how to deal with it so it doesnt recruit. and i have completed campains designed to last a long time in around five turns. it takes a way the concept of stratagy you dont have to think about were you can land your army across seas or through mountians, with in two turns you have a masive army which you march wherever you want with out a single army preventing you, with about 4 more reenforcement armys behind it. i strongly disagree with 0 turn recruitment, to my eyes it worse than the add money cheat or fast build.

plus how acurate is recruting, training and equiping a mass of hoplites, given that it takes months to simply forge the armour and wepons, let alone train a single man to the standard of in rtw terms a 3 gold cheveron.

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon