Thread: Two Chaos Rising Questions - Modding + AI

Default Two Chaos Rising Questions - Modding + AI

Hello there. I recently got Chaos Rising which is awesome I must say, however I'm still having the same AI issues with DoW2.

In a skirmish game against an Easy CPU, I have full control over the map cause my enemy does nothing apart from sitting in his base. Every single game, they spam units beside their HQ and don't move. It means every game eventually revolves around me sending 5 Predators at their base in the hope of getting the HQ. Even my own allies camp or camp in my base! Does anyone else suffer this!? Its so annoying!

Second question. I noticed in the World Editor there are buildings for Imperial Guard called something like "IG Command" or "IG HQ" or "IG Spawn". I tried building them beside what would be Player 1's base so I could train some IG, but nothing could be recruited. Even my HQ was locked out so all I had was Scouts and my Commander for the whole game.

So what I'd like to know is how its possible to make a building that I can control which has the ability to produce Imperial Guardsmen or Kasrkin? I know it is possible cause there was an old Imperial Guard mod for the original DoW2.

I'd really really appreciate any help in these matters!

Default Re: Two Chaos Rising Questions - Modding + AI

There's a mod that allows you to play as them
    http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/...MiniMod;100013
    there is a better version but I couldn't find it at the moment sorry

Thanks so much for that link! Its just what I want, nice Guardsmen - no-one else.

However, it tells me to add "-dev -IGMinimod" to the 'Target' line on the shortcut. However, when I right click and go to properties on the shortcut, there is no Target field.

On Steam, if I right click and click on "Set Launch Options" and type the same it still doesn't work.

I'm running Windows 7 if that makes a difference and I'm using Chaos Rising.

Please, please help I'm so desperate to play this!!

I run win 7 too so it shouldn't be a problem, load up steam and go to my games then right click chaos rising and the bottom option should be properties; when you click that there should be the set launch options which if you click on a small box pops up and says "for advance users only" or something like that, add the -dev there. hope this helps

Hnnm ok. Do you add the -IGMinimod aswell? Also, where did you put the module and folder? What exact directory? Steamapps/common/... Etc

Thanks

the module should go too;
    start/mycomputer/c:drive/programfiles/steam/steamapps/dow2

as for the other -ipguard line I would see if works without adding that first and if not add it in

EDIT: I just tried clicking properties on my Crysis shortcut and it does indeed have a target line. The reason my Steam ones don't is cause they are under "Internet Shortcut" instead of a standard shortcut like Crysis. Any way I can change that?

Not working.

I found another mod, one which DOES work with Chaos Rising so I know it isn't that.

Now, here's the installation readme:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Imperial Guard multiplayer faction mod v0.5 By Wildcard84
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Released 6.10.2009
    Compitable with Dawn of War 2 version 1.6.0
    Release is sandbox version, meaning it doesn't even have a clue about balance of any kind
    -so just enjoy!
    Installation
    ------------
    put the igmod folder into C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\dawn of war 2\
    put the igmod.module into C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\dawn of war 2\
    put the igmod.ucs into C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\dawn of war 2\GameAssets\Locale\English
    Then create a shortcut of dow2.exe and put in the targetline: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\dawn of war 2\DOW2.exe" -dev -modname "IGMod"

I followed every single thing to the letter, I placed the files in the right place. However, its impossible to add that line to the Target because my desktop shortcuts don't have the Target line in their properties and adding the line to Steam's "Set Launch Options" does absolutely nothing.

What the heck am I meant to be doing? How can I find the target line on a shortcut which just doesn't have one! I tried the Steam one and the one in the Steamapps folder for DOW and neither shortcut has a Target line.

Also, if you do have to use the Set Launch Options thing, do I type it exactly how its shown there:
    -dev -modname "IGMod"
    Or do you type it like this:
    -dev-modname"IGMod"

I really want to play this but it just won't work for me.

Finally, do you need to add these lines to the Set Launch Options for both the Chaos Rising and Dawn of War 2 shortcuts or only the one you click to launch the game (since both end up launching Chaos Rising)?

Please, please help me!
    Last edited by The Gallant Forty-Twa; May 24, 2010 at 02:20 PM.

If your launching the game from the shortcut, try launching it from the steam games menu as the launch options may be exclusive to that if you set it (may not be the case)
    also I believe from when I modded vanilla dawn of war 2 it was -dev-modname"IGMod" (so no spaces)
    hope this works for you!

Nope. It isn't working. WTF is wrong.

All I can suggest now is make sure the modules are correct or it must not be compatible with chaos rising really sorry mate

I've been having a similar problem with Codex Edition. It says it is compatible with Chaos Rising, but when I create a shortcut and put target for this mod, then launch the game, the Vanilla game pops up.

I really have no clue what's going wrong.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Never mind.

My problems revolved around my mods not being designed for the latest patch. A little switching around worked wonders. If you need help, let me know.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!