Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - The Geomod Manual by Gig

Default Re: Creating a World - The Geomod Manual by gig

The screenshot I showed you is Bare_Kingdoms, it does not seem to have a BAT file but an EXE, maybe you changed both of them?

Unfortunately this nifty installation does not come with a map directory, which means more hard work for us. Create the following directory: data\world\maps\base.

Once done repeat the fun and create this directory: data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign.

Here now the last preparation: create a new text file in the data\world\maps\base directory by right clicking in an empty space of that directory; choose ‘New’ and then ‘Text Document’. Name this document ‘descr_terrain’.
    All of the above instructions appear to have already been done, maybe the manual is out of date?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Looks to me your are using Bare Geomod Kingdoms instead of Bare Kingdoms. Bare Geomod has the EXE and the map directory, Bare Kingdosm has a BAT file and no map directory.

Yeah I'm really confused haha. So there is Geomod, Bare Geomod Kingdoms, and Bare Kingdoms?

Okay I finally figured it out, the manuals instructions are still for the old Bare Kingdoms, but I downloaded the Bare Geomod updated version as you already said.

Blog Entries

Geomod = the editor program
    Bare Kingdoms = the absolute minimum mod folder set up
    Bare Geomod (Kingdoms or Medieval) = minimum mod folder set up PLUS files for the editor program

Hey can you uploaded it to anodher site??
    Because i can't download in twc ..
    When i tried to download, the file thah downloaded is an httm file like this
    " download.httm"
    Not a zip or rar file..
    I need this tutorial ..

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Use another browser like IE.

Gigantus Im having an issue with geomod I was going to make some changes to the EBII map but i continue to get this error "Les fichiers concernant les religions pourraient être corrompus" it says the religion file may be corrupted but I can seem to figure out how. I used it before and it worked but saved no changes. Now it wont work even after a delete and complete re-install of the EBII mod.

Blog Entries

Bare Geomod cannot handle the custom forts of EBII - you need to remove that section from descr_strat and copy it back afterward.
    Corrupt religion - that's strange, I didn't have that problem.

1. Don't use Geomod in your original installation - copy the required files (see list in the manual) into Bare Geomod.
    2. Repeatedly installing the same stuff may mess around with the virtual store - run this tutorial from step 3 and then delete the medieval ii total war folder in the virtual store

hallo Gigantus, belliger here.
    I downloaded your manual, as I want to change a province in EB-BI (=> instead of Apulia, create Samnium; more historically accurate).
    BUT: at the very beginning of the manual, you wrote:
    'The Geomod tool has been designed by Octavius for the use with Medieval 2 Total War. It is fully compatible with the official Kingdoms add on. While it can be used for Rome Total War after several alterations, this use is not supported, rather it is recommend to modify the files in a Medieval2 environment and then to transfer the necessary files (after adaptation) to Rome Total War'.
    How should I deal with, then? do I have to install MTW2? does it deal properly with Steam? I have an old box with MTW2, and Steam is not that friendly with old boxes....
    Does a manual like this exist for a pure use with rtw-bi?
    thx

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - The Geomod Manual by Gig

As it mentions: you will have to edit files in a M2TW environment and then transfer them, there is no other way.

As to changing the settlement name: open the data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt file and change the entry to the right of the curly bracket.

When I opened stainless steel 6.4 sship with geomod it worked fine. However, after I added a region to Ireland and attempted to save my map the save bar went to one percent and stopped geomod. When I attempt to load the mod with geomod a second time it crashes at 79%. I checked the descr_strat file and geomod did not change a single thing in it from what I can see. I also attempted to start stainless steel sship and the game now crashes before it even reaches the start menu. What can I do to fix this because I have no idea what is wrong at this point? Thanks for all help.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

In SSHIP, we have reached the maximum amount of regions allowed by the game, meaning 199 plus the sea. If you add 1 region in Ireland, you need to remove one somewhere else.

Also, if you have started to save your changes when Geomod crashed, your game is probably "damaged" now. You need to re-install it. I'd even do it twice actually: 1 for Geomod and 1 as backup
    So if something goes wrong again, you will just need to copy/paste the files modified by Geomod from your backup.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Geomod should have given a message when trying to create a region beyond the permissible total. Does SS have more then three sea regions (multiple RGB values)?

Did you actually try to save the map BEFORE doing anything with it? There are a number of issues that could lead to a crash, mostly issues that the game can handle but not the tool. Here is what the manual says for the 1% crash:

- 1% rebel factions, map loading (no entry in region settings for rebels or creator, unrecognized TGA format of map files)

Ok took some time off from modding the game and then came back to it tonight. I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it back into the bare geomod. I then attempted to reopen the game in geomod and do all of my conversions. However, this time when I saved, it completely saved and I was able to reopen the geomod tool again. So, I don't know what I did but something worked this time. All I can say that I did differently is that I pressed tools/ generating of maps which I did not do before.problem I Another problem that I am having is that geomod is not recognizing some of the names that I have put into some of the files. I keep getting impossible to associate a first name to the character ------. All of the necessary name files have the first and last names into the proper place. Also when I attempt to launch sship in with bare_geomod it keeps launching vanilla medieval 2 total war rather then SShip.

So how do I get the game to run in the bare_geomod tool? How do I get the names to work? and which files should I back up from here in case I attempt to save again in geomod and it completely messes up my game? Which ones do geomod affect the most?

Blog Entries

Bar Geomod is a mod folder set up - it's essentially the grand campaign with a number of fixes and contains the most commonly modified files plus the files required to run the Geomod tool.
    The Geomod Tool is an application that enables you to easily make modifications to the game set up.
    It appears you are mixing the two up - if you start Bare Geomod then you will always get the grand campaign.

Back up - the easiest and fastest back up is by copying the data\text folder, the data\world folder and all files in the data folder. That can be done in one go so it's not much of a hassle. For more details which files the tool uses see the listing in the manual.
    Associate names - names have to be in the correct faction slot in descr_names and have to be properly entered in data\text\names (listed in the error section of the manual I think)

So at one point, I launched sship in bare_geomod and it gave me the geomod intro, along with the sship screen. It also allowed me to choose factions and start the game from there. Is this normal? If so I am trying to get back to that. Yes, all of my names appear descr_names and data/text/ names. Also when I use the geomod tool "Ireland" never shows up in the faction selection It is just a blank slot but every other faction is in there. When you click on the blank selection it gives you the colors of Ireland along with all the other options such as regions owned, etc. Do you know of a way to fix this blank issue as well?

Blog Entries

SSHIP - you may have copied those files into the BG folder which will result in what you described.

The blank issue is usually a problem with formatting in the related data\text file. The faction name gets taken from 'expanded' - you may not have an updated string.bin version of it if the entry exists in the txt file.

The Geomod tool also provides a BinEditor application which can assist you in providing properly formatted string.bin files. The manual contains a section on how to work with it.

Is it supposed to run in the BG folder though? From my understanding, I thought it was. I preferred it to run there and would like to get it to run there again if I can. I don't know why it does not run sship this time when I did the same before. I will look at the other folders. Thank you for the advice.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast