Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: +++++ TWmadman's High Elves Enhanced Mod 1.4+++++ 17 october update! (New White Lions texture released!)

Default +++++ TWmadman's High Elves Enhanced Mod 1.4+++++ 17 october update! (New White Lions texture released!)

WARNING

This mod is meant to play with High Elves only but you can play another faction.
    You need to start a new campaign

High Elves enhanced Mod 1.4 LINK (04 september updated)

http://www.filefront.com/17262934/High Elves Enhanced Mod 1.4.rar

Hotfix

http://www.filefront.com/17266398/hotfix.rar

Hotfix 2 (White Lions new texture 10/17/10)

http://www.filefront.com/17401051/white_lions.rar (credits Brun3125)

new white lions

INSTALLATION

- Unzip the mod
    - Make a copy of your own data folder so if you can go back to your current campaign

- DELETE your "Music.dat","Music.idx", "Events.dat and "Events.idx" files in teutonic/date/sounds folder
    - DELETE your map.rwm file in teutonic/data/world/map/campaign/imperial campaign folder
    - overwrite your teutonic folder with my mod

- unzip hotfix, overwrite teutonic folder
    - Enjoy!

FEATURES

NEW Picture for White Lions
    NEW Texture for White Lions (beta version! thx Turambar and Death!)
    NEW Sword textures for swordmasters (beta version!)
    NEW Musics
    NEW Menu screen (thanks to Cedric37!)
    NEW unit stats and cost tweaked :
    *HE Spearmen +3 attack thanks to Always Strike
    First Warhammer rule (all high elves got it but spearmen were pretty weak with attack stat, which should reflect Always Strike First )
    +300 recruitment cost
    *White Lions
    +500 recruitment cost (to match their uberness)
    *Lothern seaguard spearmen
    +500 recruitment cost (to match the uber effect of phalanx+long pikes animation)
    *Shadow Warriors+5 attack (melee)+3 defense
    +500 recrutment cost (to match new changes)
    *Phoenix Guards +1 attack +1 defense +ARMOR PIERCING ability
    +500 recrutment cost ( to match new changes)

NEW CTD's has been fixed using sandbox campaign (thanks to Holy Pilgrim)
    NEW Now High Elven ballista shoot like lore eagle claws! firing 6 shots at once like DE reaper
    NEW Eastern city receives better troops (more infantry/archers instead of mass cavalries)

- Interface updated
    - Lothern seaguard spearmen, White Lions and Phoenix guard have now very tight formation due to the High Elves high discipline
    - Beautiful interface (Credits Kahvipannu)
    - Amazing new textures for the entire High Elves' army (Credits -Beren-)
    - Epic Musics and voices/speeches for battle map!
    - More and More Ancilliaries
    (Credits Kahvipannu)
    - Beautiful new event pictures (Credits Steroid)
    - Long and very detailed unit description for the entire High Elves'units from Warhammer books
    - New pictures for all units description's screen
    - Starting Generals' stats revised
    - High Elves will never get dread traits except if you decide to burn cities/kill prisonners
    - New traits : "Dislike Dark Elves", "Hatred", "Valor of Ages" will give bonus against Dark Elves faction to your characters (only for family members, any High Elve who "comes of age" will have "Valor of Ages" trait, adopted generals will be excluded from this)
    - Units stats revised : Sea Guards gains + 2 defense / SwordMasters +1 attack / White Lions +2 attack / Phoenix Guards +3 defense (buffed units will see their cost raised, but not their upkeep)
    - Now Sea Guards fight with pikes to the death! No more "switching sword" style!
    - And more!

NEW SOUNDTRACK
    enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd29rMSPNx8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISzK6e237II
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlL_-5VfQJI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtBll0rh4nM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kutbp5eij_s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4MKnQQfTc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSpt5c5DcNw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmwCNma6nSU

NEW MENU SCREEN
    menu

NEW
    SCREENSHOTS (White Lions and new swordmasters' weapons)

look here

OLD SCREENSHOTS
    Unit textures

New Descriptions and Pictures

New Event Pictures!

Give me your feedbacks!
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by TWmadman; October 17, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Default Re: +++++ TWmadman's High Elves Enhanced Mod 1.0+++++ released! (Unit textures, new traits, new descriptions, new event pictures, EPIC MUSICS and voices/battle, unit's stats revised, new ancilliaries, and more! Screenshot INSIDE!)

OMG ! TWmadman , this is like a dream come true . I love Elves .
    ░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
    This is Total War !!!

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: +++++ TWmadman's High Elves Enhanced Mod 1.0+++++ released! (Unit textures, new traits, new descriptions, new event pictures, EPIC MUSICS and voices/battle, unit's stats revised, new ancilliaries, and more! Screenshot INSIDE!)

I have to say, I'm loving the new unit cards.

Are they from the book? Is there a site where one can see these artworks?

It is a pity that nobody is planning to do this kind of mod for Dwarfs. I don't like elves much, but i wish you luck nonetheless.

the unit cards come from the warhammer High Elves Lore book

I have to questions:
    -If i want to play other factions (i want to play a campaing with high elves, but too other with empire for examper) should I not install this mod??
    - This mod is compatible with the dark elven enhalcement mod?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Really nice TWMadman + rep ofcourse, after I spread it a bit.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; May 24, 2010 at 07:28 AM.

it is full compatible if you play other faction, the only change will be musics, in battle you ll get my music's mod, but they suit pretty well to all factions they are epic!
    also it is compatible with any texture pack since only Beran worked on High Elves so no mod will overwrite the textures.
    the only thing to take care of is export descr unit, i mean the file with unit stats. i made some change, if you install let's say, excellent Holy Pilgrim mod, my changes will be avoided. in that case, install my mod at the end of the others.

btw it is not compatible with my Dark Elves Enhanced Mod since i went to far in that mod with traits changes, since i m a beginner, some changes were...not very clean :p
    but for this mod as i said, you can go ahead and play another faction.

but this mod is for High Elves, i would be sad you install it just for textures lol

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Nice stuff mate!
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Awesome!
    but..

this is in the armybook the picture for the shadow warriors. Everyone who play's High Elves in the tabletop will see that, any chance for change it?

One question; Is possible to make Imrik in her dragon?

Derdavid, the Lothern Sea Guard archers don't even exist in warhammer, you only got Archers and Sea Guards who are spearmen AND archers, since i had to find a pic for a unit which does not exist, and since the first picture for shadow warriors was pretty, i decided to take that picture in order to illustrate the "lothern seaguard archers".
    that's all, i don't mean to be inaccurate, the only alternative was to simply delete the "lothern seaguard archers", but first i have to work on real Sea Guard to give them the ability to shoot with the bow they currently wear... then i could delete this unit if it is a popular demand. try to understand my choice looking at these facts

I understand your point and of course i accept it.
    Also if I don't am happy about it, because it is just the wrong unit-picture for me.
    But you are right, there is no picture of the Sea Guard using their bows. So I don't have a solution for the problem.
    thank you for your work!

btw i made a mistake, i added the Dark Elves interface in this mod, very soon i ll correct this and upload a new version. sorry guys

NEW UPDATE : look at the first post, just below the main link of the mod you ll see a PATCH LINK with a file called "interface corrected" just download and extract it in your data after you installed my mod. it will correct the actual interface which is the dark elves one, now you ll play with the correct High Elves interface.

sorry!

Well, lots of similar files, and two similar mods, so it's easy to get confused No sorrys needed

The sorry is not necesary but thank for tell us

thx guys, i need your suggestion, what could be improved, what you liked or disliked.
    i can work on scripted files, i m not a 2D/3D artist but if there is any new textures, interfaces or something like that, i ll update the mod.
    if you got ideas about unit stats, traits, or any other script stuff i ll be glad to work on it!
    i even don't got time to play especially since i began to mod lol

Thanks!

Icon14 Re: +++++ TWmadman's High Elves Enhanced Mod 1.0+++++ released! (Unit textures, new traits, new descriptions, new event pictures, EPIC MUSICS and voices/battle, unit's stats revised, new ancilliaries, and more! Screenshot INSIDE!)

New HE-interface is somewhat ready, download in EFI-hread, if you wish to use it.
    And BIG thanks for advice with ancs/traits, saved me a lot of time, since now no need of figuring it out myself

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast