Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeomanry Mod

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Yeomanry Mod

This is just a simple mod that adds Yeomanry militia cavalry to Great Britain. I did it on a request by Bruce Dickinson. There are two units, Yeomanry and Worcester Yeomanry. Both have stats weaker than light dragoons but the Worcester Yeomanry is slightly better than the generic, but it has a limit of 1.

Yeomanry:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(Is that from Sharpe?)

Worcester Yeomanry:

(No, I can't give them muffin hats)

Some pics by LuckyLews:

As I said, it's quite simple and I just did this so that I could try making a custom unit. This also has a modded 2.3 UPC loc. Activate this mod with mod manager or user.script.

Version 2 includes UI cards by Toon Total War and I have allowed for there to be four Worcester Yeomanry units.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; May 26, 2010 at 06:02 PM.

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

Default Re: Yeomanry Mod

Nice work +rep

Excellent work sir, a great addition to the British Forces!
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Nice work mate! Particularly like the first unit there =)

Albion Dude's Avatar Civis

As somebody from Worcestershire, and having just finished putting together a Worcester Yeomanry Tarleton helmet with the help of the Worcester Yeomanry living history group, I am very VERY happy to see this mod.

Edit: Having now used them in game (see results below), I now feel NTW is almost perfect (along with the other mods I use). And about the Muffin hats, I don't think it really matters, they look great anyway!!
    Last edited by Albion Dude; May 25, 2010 at 02:03 AM.
    I wish very much that some measures could be adopted to get recruits for the 29th Regiment, it is the best Regiment in this Army, has an admirable internal system and excellent Non-Commissioned Officers. Duke of Wellington, 12 September 1809.
    The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
    Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris, Air Chief Marshal, RAF.

Never in the field of modding was so much owed by so many to so few
    . Bang on! Huzzah!!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Emperor - I will include in my next all in one update at the weekend thanks and +Rep
    have done the unit card for you for both cavalry (attachment), use if you wish
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; May 24, 2010 at 02:12 AM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Very Nice Emperor +rep !!

Could you change the Worcester Yeomanry limit to 2 or 3?? I would love to have more in my army.
    I wish very much that some measures could be adopted to get recruits for the 29th Regiment, it is the best Regiment in this Army, has an admirable internal system and excellent Non-Commissioned Officers. Duke of Wellington, 12 September 1809.
    The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

. Bang on! Huzzah!!

I'll make another update with UI cards and more Worcester Yeomanry allowed, just one second.

I am speechless, thank you so much, my armies look fantastic now.

This is, without any doubt, my favorite mod available and will certainly take some beating.

PS: Thanks for the 1805 hats mod also .
    Last edited by Albion Dude; May 25, 2010 at 02:04 AM.

. Bang on! Huzzah!!

for the worcester yeomanry, perhaps it's possible to take off the visor of the cap like some did with the old guard bearskin?

And for these units, does someone knows to which campaign they have participated in the past?
    Last edited by panzerschreck; May 25, 2010 at 04:39 AM.

None, theyre home defence units, GB had 3 types, Militia who were just militia, Yoemanry who were mounted basically just militia on horses, so ride to target, dismount and shoot, or stab with sabre, and Fencibles, who were line regiments for home srvice.

The only campaign thye would fight in would probably be the 98 rebbelion.

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

The Worcesters look a bit silly imo, can we give them Berets or remove the HUGE visor????

I like these guys alot, gives a less regimented feel to Britain, which is nice.

One thing - I realy don't like how the vanilla Tarleton has those gold stripes - they were only used on a few units, most (like the original tarleton)were more plain. I infinitely prefer the model from ETW as far as accuracy goes (especially the plume!), and the NTW one has been Frankified. You can see glimpses of the helmet the Frogs used in WW1 in there.

Edit: I forgot my point
    If you like could you please change that texture around the helmet, I notice in that picture on the unit card its RED.

merci bien!
    SPQR
    Last edited by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠; May 25, 2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: idiocy
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

I can't change the hats in any way. Just using what I have.

And yes, those Tarltons do seem to be "Frankified", but the French, while they used them, had leopard skin or a cheap yellow cloth with black dots instead of stripes.

Would you like me to write some unit descriptions mate?

That'd be nice, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    I can't change the hats in any way. Just using what I have.

And yes, those Tarltons do seem to be "Frankified", but the French, while they used them, had leopard skin or a cheap yellow cloth with black dots instead of stripes.
    exacto, i was gonna mention the leopard spots. but i swear i've seen a mod with different colours on the side of the helmet. doesn't Naples line infantry use this one with diff colours?
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR-Boy View Post
    exacto, i was gonna mention the leopard spots. but i swear i've seen a mod with different colours on the side of the helmet. doesn't Naples line infantry use this one with diff colours?
    They use a slightly different design altogether.

This is still a great addon.. perfect for keeping order in the British settlements... download everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast