Thread: Question regarding forgeworld

Default Question regarding forgeworld

I was thinking of buying some cadian or maybe DkofK models from forgeworld, however I usually paint each part of my normal plastic models bit by bit and was wondering if the forgeworld versions come as a solid complete man; iv'e surfed the net but alas found no info so thought id'e try here

Default Re: Question regarding forgeworld

Well my DKoK guys came like this:

Legs/Torso/Head all together.
    Gun Arm.
    Supporting Arm.
    Backpack.

They aren't like GW Cadians, they are more like the LOTR figures in the sense that alot of the model is pre-built. Don't have their Cadian models but I assume they just use the GW ones with some additions so they will most likely be more like GW ones than the DKOK which are almost totally assembled.

I have a load of Krieg figures from FW so do ask if you have any more questions.

You do know how to handle resin models, yeah?

Hope I helped.
    Last edited by The Gallant Forty-Twa; May 23, 2010 at 04:44 PM.

That's really good help thank you +rep if i could, I ask because I'm not a painting expert so like them in small easy to cope with bits! lovely avatar too which I'm guessing you made .

as for resin models I have an ork army too and have maybe 10 resin models which I cleaned with a toothbrush and fairy liquid; not sure weather this is the most effective way however?

also for my IG army composition all I have at the moment is tanks as I can't decide on cheap Cadian or expensive but awesome DKofK but in the end I would like them to be mostly custom from forgeworld

Nah it sounds like you're cleaning them properly. The last thing you need is to be spending lots of cash only for them to mess up!

Well, I bought 4 Guardsmen Squads, 2 Command Squads, 1 HQ Squad and 6 Heavy Weapon Teams for my DKOK off Forge World and it was very expensive. However, the quality of the moulds is so superior to GW and they look fantastic. Not to mention how cool it is when you pull out DKOK in a game, they just look awesome in my opinion.

However, if you want a large army and you don't have an endless bank account, then maybe Cadian is the way to go. Forge World do make upgrade packs and stuff for them to make them stand out from the regulars so you might want to investigate those options.

Really, it boils down to two things. 1) Can you afford to fund a full FW army? 2) Which army do you prefer the look of?

You make some really interesting points there and I think tomorrow I'll pick up a codex and imperial armor 8 to finally decide maybe I'll post what I get? As for the forgeworld parts your info has been great thankyou I was really unsure especially about cadian blister type packs so thanks once again

Oh hang on, do you also want to know if metal Cadians are multipart like the plastics?

Cause if so, they aren't. Things like the Cadian Special Weapons are singlepart models, there are few parts on the metal blisters which you have to glue together. Other than that, almost all of the IG range is multipart plastic, and everything that comes in a box is multipart plastic, its just the blisters which aren't.

Apologies if that wasn't what you implied by your last sentence.

Also, if you're looking into a Krieg army then Imperial Armour 5,6,7 are the ones which have the Krieg stuff.

Sorry I'm on my iPod so perhaps not wording it properly as it's a pain typing for the teams that's also worth knowing thanks, I figure I can work around those maybe but if it were anything else I would strugle. I'm also using an airbrush kit for some coats so I'm sure I can cover minor mistakes :p I'll also be getting those armor editions too thanks again for the info; I'll post further tomorrow when I'm back on my computer

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Gallant Forty-Twa View Post
    Forge World do make upgrade packs and stuff for them to make them stand out from the regulars so you might want to investigate those options.
    I've got one of these myself. It gives 10 Cadians respirators and comes with backpacks, different weapon arms, a commander helmet (with respirator) and a demo charge. They make normal cadians look superb!

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________