Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian TWC Members

Major König's Avatar Civitate

Default Christian TWC Members

Are there any christians here on TWC? I mean people who are really christians, no egnostics. I feel the need to find other christians.

This thread seems dangerously close to the two threads which went nowhere and got closed. There was flaming, et cetera of non-Christian members who posted. You can't expect people who aren't Christians not to post in this thread.

Everyone, remain civil. This thread is being watched. If it descends into a useless flamefest like the previous "congregation" threads, it will be closed. Thank you.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

I am a Christian, though I dont see the point of this thread....

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

I would just like to see, and discuss ethics. Again, this is a final try. I count on manners doing the job, but atheists can post and express. The old ones were unspecified in the goal.

EDIT: It is like the new "Are there any chinese people here" thread.

I am a Christian, though I dont see the point of this thread....
    This thread is remaining open on the one condition that is a place to discuss Christianity, the Bible, beliefs, preachers, whatever, from a Christian perspective. However, this thread must not attempt to "filter out" people who post who are not Christians. Keep the thread on the topic of Christianity, but don't let it become a huge "existence of God" debate. We've got enough of those already.

Justinian has outlined the purpose, and hit the bullseye on the goals. I hope it will remain civil, and manners will point us in the right direction.

OK, well, on topic (and not using my nifty black moderator color ), I used to be a Christian, but I just came to doubt the particular doctrines and explanations of Christianity, which seem so inconsistent. I believe that there is a God, because I have felt God's presence from time to time, but I'm not sure if Christianity, or any organized religion, is the truth of the matter.

Civitate

Achilles, there are a lot of discussions on Christianity going on right now in the Ethics forum, you might find it easier simply to look at who's posting there. Off the top of my head, First Crusader and Titus Andronicus would both consider themselves fairly devout Christians I believe. But honestly, if you want to find a Christian just step outside your door...they're not rare.

Under the patronage of Last_Crusader.

Im sorry, but I don't feel like doing that. I wish to discuss christian ethics here. I am not looking to debate whether there is a god or not.

im a Christian, not a catholic, baptist, prebsytirian, lutheran or whatever religious denomination. I am firmly non religious and carefully try to disect what is religious dogma and what isnt. Its tough in the world, where there are plenty of "wolves in sheep clothing" around. Im firm in my beliefs as i have in my life personally experienced many blessings, but i feel that religion of all kinds and corners of the world have done so much more harm than good

let me re-affirm, im Christian because it means to be "Christ-like" not to be religious and doing certain things because your priest/pastor/reverend or whoever said so. Its a life-style not a religion or something along those lines. Living by the principles that Christ did, and also many other great leaders who tried to positively influence the world, buddha, confucius, etc..

This is just my beliefs bash if you will, its your wasted time and not mine.
    "Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters." - Alexander the Great
    "I begin by taking. I shall find scholars later to demonstrate my perfect right." - Frederick (II) the Great
    "Strike an enemy once and for all. Let him cease to exist as a tribe or he will live to fly in your throat again" -Shaka, King of the Zulu
    TRU

Greenbeef's Avatar Civis

I've been a faithful Christian my entire life. The frequency of my church-goings has dwindled recently, lots of relocating and work/school taking up every waking moment. Also, I would describe myself as more of a traditionalist. I'm a Missouri-Synod Lutheran, and I can't keep myself going to anything other than that denomenation. Baptist churches just don't have the proper feel as far as I'm concerned.

If you could go into the specifics of what denomenation you follow and why, it would be interesting to know.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

I am a Deist/Agnostic. That's somewhat similar, right? I mean, it has the basic concept of a deity that sparked the universe, right?
    I just believe in a more rational beginning of the universe: god(s)(ess)(esses) formed the clump of matter that became the universe, set off the Big Bang, and just watched. No interference, just observing. Like a guy watching a movie.

Mack Daddy's Avatar Tiro

Im a confirmed Presbyterian. Its pretty cool i guess. Im planning on joining the session to make a difference at my church if i can. Seeing as its run like a democratic-republic i feel it will give me some experience with government systems first hand.

Knowledge is Power!

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

I'm a Protestant Christian; though in some places I can certainly detect church dogma manipulating the religion.

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Trey's Avatar Primicerius

Same as Tomyris.
    for-profit death machine.

I am technically a christian though I turned away from it when I woke up at the age of 11.

Its Agnostic not Egnostic btw.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

I am a Christian. As to whether I consider myself Protestant, Catholic or Orthodox, I consider myself a Christian first, and then a Protestant.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

I am a non-denominational Protesant Christian. I follow the bible and my beliefs. I went to a church camp and occaisonaly read other interpretations of the bible by ministers. If I am ever confused though, my grandfather is a "substitute" pastor. I am religious and I don't believe organised religion is bad, but going to church does not neccessarily mean your christian. To be christian you have to be christian seven days a week, not one or two hours a morning.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Iam Protestant. Ya thats about it.
    "There's Brave Men knocking at our gate, lets go kill them"

Indefinitely Banned

I agree with what justinian said above, and since this is a discussion of religion, it belongs in the Ethos forum, moved.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast