Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Preview Scroll Four: Tibetan Kingdoms

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Preview Scroll Four: Tibetan Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by frontier-auxilia View Post
    Just an observation guys.

The Tibetans need a badass heavy infantry unit in head to toe chain mail (think cataphracts) with big nasty sword and a shield.

Infantry? Check. Heavily armoured? Check. Shield? Check. Sword? Oh, it's not there. But I'm not gonna cry

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Yes lol don't rep me this time, didn't do anything for this preview

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai View Post
    Yes lol don't rep me this time, didn't do anything for this preview
    Too late...

rep daNova please, he deserves it the most ! And RobinCato if you liked the music

Quote Originally Posted by frontier-auxilia View Post

On the professional warrior side of the spectrum, the Tibetans need atleast one more heavy infantry unit that can do more then holding their ranks against enemy heavy cavalry.

-----Or there can be a reform to get these guys after you unite the himalayas. That will be sick too
    We're well aware of those quotes and its an idea we can consider. We do have a pretty heavily armoured infantry unit as intel pointed out. The full roster won't probably be immediately available anyway to the Tiebtan player. What is important to represent is the diificulty it took to produce such fine quality armour in great quantity, a tradition of mass-scale metalworking would have been difficult to maintain during this era (unlike the Tanguts did). If the Tibetan empire was to re-emerge with a stronger economy, then perhaps certain building might become available and upgrades could be part of that.

Thanks for your thoughts !

great work on the units and strat models. Although I love the music most ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelü Dashi View Post
    We're well aware of those quotes and its an idea we can consider. We do have a pretty heavily armoured infantry unit as intel pointed out. The full roster won't probably be immediately available anyway to the Tiebtan player. What is important to represent is the diificulty it took to produce such fine quality armour in great quantity, a tradition of mass-scale metalworking would have been difficult to maintain during this era (unlike the Tanguts did). If the Tibetan empire was to re-emerge with a stronger economy, then perhaps certain building might become available and upgrades could be part of that.

Thanks for your thoughts !
    Yeah, but this is different timeline, frankly. You don't need to obey the sources you have on Tibet from different era, huh?

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi Intel, my friend!
    Please more respect to Yelü. He and his team do proper work with sources and research!

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    Yeah, but this is different timeline, frankly. You don't need to obey the sources you have on Tibet from different era, huh?

Hi danova, my beloved Empire modder

There's no disrespect in my post, perhaps it's just my tone which isn't official, but I guess talking in personal tone isn't something offensive (or is it? ).

Absolutely stunning work Are some models/textures going to be used in other factions?

I am not "obeying sources". I was merely extrapolating, imagining what could be... if the Tibetan's were able to form an empire once again (this mod will provide that chance). The quotes regarding Tibetan arms and armour from the Tang sources are extremely useful (as they are the only ones that exist!)- but obviously describe an earlier era, which is why we didn't give the Tibetans tons of freely available heavy infantry and cavalry at the start of AUH.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    <insert highly positive word in here>!

Emperor BLUBBS VII's Avatar Decanus

They already announce a Shogun 2 total war!! LOL I bet by the time you release this awesome mod, Shogun 2 probably will be almost finished!! And you mod will be buried in the sand
    Advance to Contact. Duffer Mod.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor BLUBBS VII View Post
    ...And you mod will be buried in the sand
    ...???

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

They already announce a Shogun 2 total war!! LOL I bet by the time you release this awesome mod, Shogun 2 probably will be almost finished!! And you mod will be buried in the sand
    This mod isn't remotely during the timeframe of Shogun. Shogun is 300 years later and focuses on the Japanese mainland, whereas our mod encompasses all of East Asia. I like our period better, but I'm glad it seems they're not using it because I don't think they'd do it justice with their eye towards mainstream audience. That is not to say I don't think it will be a good game, just that the encompassed regions are so socio-politically diverse that a 'one shoe fits all' approach to things like tech tree, governance, etc wouldn't work. Unfortunately that's what studios have to do to make money.
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; May 29, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

I almost faint seeing this preview...! Awesome work guys! + Rep

Marcion's Avatar Semisalis

We're doing things with this that CA wouldn't dare do with any game.

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    ...???

I suspect there's a hidden meaning ...

that or he's gonna bury your mod in sand, which doesn't make any sense

Instant awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelü Dashi View Post
    Personally, I like the idea of a faction with only few heavily armoured units.
    What I'd like you to consider is giving some of the better units a backup weapon, e.g. a secondary one for the heavy spearmen. Unless of course this impedes their spear performance (I know that the EB I team had to leave out the secondary swords of Germanic pikemen for that very reason).

Are we going to see more kinds of weapons? What about some with of AP capabilities (just a question, not a demand. I'm not up to date on Medieval Tibetan weaponry)?

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Personally, I like the idea of a faction with only few heavily armoured units.
    What I'd like you to consider is giving some of the better units a backup weapon, e.g. a secondary one for the heavy spearmen. Unless of course this impedes their spear performance (I know that the EB I team had to leave out the secondary swords of Germanic pikemen for that very reason).
    In M2TW, spear units unofortunately quickly change their weapon to secondary one. I guess heavy spearmen won't recieve any secondary weapon.
    Are we going to see more kinds of weapons? What about some with of AP capabilities (just a question, not a demand. I'm not up to date on Medieval Tibetan weaponry)?
    Probably Tibetan cavalry has AP weapons, that is javelin armed cavalry and armoured lancers (lance should have ap). I dunno about monks with wooden staffs.

If Shogun2 is as 'good' as the last 2 total war games, shogun2 will be burried just like empire and napoleon total war.