Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Preview Scroll Four: Tibetan Kingdoms

Libertus

Default Re: Preview Scroll Four: Tibetan Kingdoms

Incredible preview, no doubt!

Oh my God! that is awesome!!!
    two questions: are the tibetan cities going to look like that in the battlemap? which faction will be covered in teh next preview?

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

epic

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

WOW

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth 93 View Post
    This Preview looks really awesome!

I have one question: The GroundType Stratmap-Textures, are the self-made or from a free source?
    They're made by Yelu, the ones in this preview for Tibet that is. The ones in other areas are for the most part still from Charge's MapMod, with the exception of the ricefield texture from the Song preview, but will probably be improved/replaced as we go along. We also have to credit SigniferOne and Paeninsula Italica for the method of getting mountains without the ugly tops.

Quote Originally Posted by RohR View Post
    Oh my God! that is awesome!!!
    two questions: are the tibetan cities going to look like that in the battlemap? which faction will be covered in teh next preview?
    Don't know and don't know. Battlemap settlements change based on ambient buildings and those which are derived from a specific 'building' on the strategy map, so I expect it would change fluidly, but we're not very far along those lines. Next preview may not focus on a faction, depends on how quickly we progress and where.

Marcion's Avatar Semisalis

I have to say finally having this thing out is a nice graduation present.

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

I decided to check this forum for the first time in awhile and I find this . It looks so ing cool.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

This was indeed an incredible preview, very well thought out and designed and the Tibetans just look great. Just a shame I'll have to get a new computer to be able to play it. Still, I can't wait for it to be released so I can put these pathetic Tibetans to the sword (the katana, of course. )
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

WOW great preview(;
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Awesome !!!

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nice going guys, now how the hell is CA going to give us modding tools when they see this?
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

Simply amazing!
    Great work to all those involved in creating this mod
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!

Haršurāšaz's Avatar Senator

AMAZING PREVIEW!

You guys really keep amazing me. ~

*is speechless

Those mountains are just <insert highly positive word in here>!

Colos

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Some questions and suggestions:
    1) do buddhist monks have two-handed weapon animation?
    2) iss tibetan mountainous terrain well playable in battles? In BC (as well as vanilla M2TW) the battlemap were usually very hard to play due to sheer distances and heights which units had to move through. Sometimes, contact with enemy was impossible due to uncorssable terrain.
    3) Tibetan mounted archers all have peacock feathers on their helmets, while tibetan heavy cavalrymen are frequently seen without them. As the feathers signify the elite status of the unit- IMHO heavy cavalry units are much more elite than mounted archers., who should wear helmets with feathers less frequently.
    Last edited by intel; May 24, 2010 at 11:30 AM.

Holy #### my jaw just dropped open looking at this. The tibetan heavy cavalry look absolutely amazing, just like the iron clad death dealers as mentioned in history. Great work of bringing these dudes to life espacially how hard it is to get sources dealing with Tibetan military in the medieval period.

Major major props for the time and effort along with how drop dead awesome they look.

Btw how will the banners look like? Will they have Buddhist motives on them?

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

just amazing brilliant preview!

Must confess I have been ignoring this mod for a while now - but these units are beautiful! The background research is also fantastic - if this mod mod could be like my favorite RTW mods (EB & RTR) in it's supplying of information about the cultures of the time it would be incredible.
    One minor quibble I would have is that the horse textures do not stand up to the quality of the riders themselves - they simply do not mesh terribly well. Are these the stock M2 horses?

WOOOOOW!!!...
    "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak"...SUN TZU