Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New stuff

Default Re: New stuff

Looks cool... Is that castle, fortress or citadel?

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Quote Originally Posted by il_duce_! View Post
    Yes, Bdin, instead of Nikopol.

This is Ras. Its pretty much humble. But its a tipical castle from this area.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    nice, but it should be stretched from one side, and narrow from other. and close that wooden wall.
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

I hit the maximum number of polygons. I cant make the wooden wall any longer. However I will change what I can for the map preview.
    Last edited by il_duce_!; May 26, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

TTW GRANDMASTER

slavic_crusader's Avatar Biarchus

this is seroiusly great work
    Слава Слога и вјеру у Бога!!!
    Slava Sloga i Vjeru u Boga

Supporter of Eastern Europe Total War!

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Indeed it is, +rep from me too.
    Btw, I also agree that from the Bulgarian castles (besides Tarnovo), Bdin was far more prominent than Nikopol (Nikopol in that time was famous with two things - Tsar Ioan Shishman resided there after the fall of Tarnovo (and got killed by Bayazid) and the so-called Nikopolis crusade). On the other hand, Bdin was the capital of the Bdin Tsardom, the last Bulgarian town to fall (in 1396 or later), its citadel is the best preserved Bulgarian castle and is pretty much perfect for a stratmap model (unless it would require too many polys). For info - the citadel's site and Wiki article, for pics - Google search.
    As for Bukoleon, it's a pyrgos, but not a castle. That's why I suggested it's better as a watchtower (Byzantine style) or eventually fort.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Amazing looking models! This will be the best total war mod!

Took me a while to realize that Bdin means Vidin The Bdin castle looks really cool! It's annoying that there is a limit for custom made models aswell

Quote Originally Posted by il_duce_! View Post
    I hit the maximum number of polygons. I cant make the wooden wall any longer. However I will change what I can for the map preview.
    well, lower the segments (polygons) of that cone roof. i don't think by lowering it a bit would change geometry of it. also on that church. it is small and not that clear visible, so you can remove some polygon

here's the plan of baba vida:

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Indeed it is, +rep from me too.
    Btw, I also agree that from the Bulgarian castles (besides Tarnovo), Bdin was far more prominent than Nikopol (Nikopol in that time was famous with two things - Tsar Ioan Shishman resided there after the fall of Tarnovo (and got killed by Bayazid) and the so-called Nikopolis crusade). On the other hand, Bdin was the capital of the Bdin Tsardom, the last Bulgarian town to fall (in 1396 or later), its citadel is the best preserved Bulgarian castle and is pretty much perfect for a stratmap model (unless it would require too many polys). For info - the citadel's site and Wiki article, for pics - Google search.
    As for Bukoleon, it's a pyrgos, but not a castle. That's why I suggested it's better as a watchtower (Byzantine style) or eventually fort.
    if you ask me, baba vida is more like fortification, then city/town with walls. it's kinda silly to put baba vida on place of Vidin. better to put some real city with walls.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    if you ask me, baba vida is more like fortification, then city/town with walls. it's kinda silly to put baba vida on place of Vidin. better to put some real city with walls.
    Baba Vida is the citadel of Bdin, not the whole town. And, @Wallachian, Bdin is one of the medieval names of Vidin.
    Btw, here's also a plan of Nikopol (№1).

Baba Vida is the citadel of Bdin, not the whole town. And, @Wallachian, Bdin is one of the medieval names of Vidin.
    Btw, here's also a plan of Nikopol (№1).
    if you ask me, i would go for Cherven. firstly i thought that Vidin would be best idea, but as there was no regular houses in it, i would go for Cherven. Cherven was one of the Second Bulgarian Empire's primary military, administrative, economic and cultural centers.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Hmm, Cherven is good too - not too special, but significant enough nevertheless. But I should point out again that Baba Vida is just the citadel of Bdin, not the entire town - the population (and respectively the houses) were outside the citadel.
    Btw, if you're making a stratmap model for Constantinople etc., why not make one for Tsarevgrad Tarnov instead - certainly the most important in military, administrative, religious and cultural aspects (and certainly deserving it more than both Nikopol and Cherven combined)? Then again, Tarnovo's geography might be rather hard to portray...

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

This is just awful - Bulgarians named Pirot and Dimotiku as their towns and fortifications - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPXmV...eature=related.
    About Pirot - http://spomenicikulture.mi.sanu.ac.r...nik.php?id=784
    I mean, come on...so lame...

Vojdoo's Avatar Libertus

Pirot was respectively under Byzantine, Bulgarian and Serbian administration. From the late 7th century, the town was incorporated into the First Bulgarian Empire.

In 1182-1183, the joint Serb-Hungarian army took temporarily control of Pirot area, and it was first time that Pirot was included briefly into Serbian state.

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

I want to ask if these castles and cities are going to be like the "power points" from the Crusade campain in Kingdoms( Krak de Chavalier,Jerusalim.Damascus ... ) - will they provide something in benefit like extra free upkeep slot,unique units,gold or something ... ?

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

Zmaj the plase is indeet in Serbia now but it is a bulgarian teritory the people there where bulgarians and the fortress is bild from them and it wasn't serbian until the end of 14 and the begining of 15 century and it was for short time look at the link on serbian that you posted it's very clearly mention the time wen it was in surbian hands

Hmm, Cherven is good too - not too special, but significant enough nevertheless. But I should point out again that Baba Vida is just the citadel of Bdin, not the entire town - the population (and respectively the houses) were outside the citadel.
    Btw, if you're making a stratmap model for Constantinople etc., why not make one for Tsarevgrad Tarnov instead - certainly the most important in military, administrative, religious and cultural aspects (and certainly deserving it more than both Nikopol and Cherven combined)? Then again, Tarnovo's geography might be rather hard to portray...
    well, i would go for chevren. for serbia il_duce made ras, but practically it was outdated in time of tsardom, there are more beautiful and yet stronger castles, but ras was always capital (well in time of dusan, skopia was). and whole fortress represents that town, while baba vida is not entire town, like you've said, so not representing the real thing.
    didn't understand the part of tsarevgrad. do you mean tsarevets or tsarigrad (constantinopolis)?

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

phoenix[illusion] I dont think that Nike meant that.He just posted some pictures of the Vidin citadel (which is called Baba Vida).

I think Ras would look beter if the hill was the same color as the land surrounding it...

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    didn't understand the part of tsarevgrad. do you mean tsarevets or tsarigrad (constantinopolis)?
    "Tsarevgrad Tarnov" is the most commonly used name for the Bulgarian capital in the time of Tsar Ioan Alexander (1331-1371), when it was also called "second after Constantinople" or "new Rome" both by Bulgarian and Byzantine chroniclers (hence the name "Tsarevgrad" before "Tarnov", which was otherwise used under the form "Tsarigrad" for Constantinople itself). "Tsarevets" is one of the hills in Tarnovo, notably that of the elites residing there (though another hill, Trapezitsa, might have also housed some palaces).

"Tsarevgrad Tarnov" is the most commonly used name for the Bulgarian capital in the time of Tsar Ioan Alexander (1331-1371), when it was also called "second after Constantinople" or "new Rome" both by Bulgarian and Byzantine chroniclers (hence the name "Tsarevgrad" before "Tarnov", which was otherwise used under the form "Tsarigrad" for Constantinople itself). "Tsarevets" is one of the hills in Tarnovo, notably that of the elites residing there (though another hill, Trapezitsa, might have also housed some palaces).
    Do you have some plans of the city and the fortification? If you do, post them in the tread about castles...

thanks

deleted some off topic posts. stick to the subject, and mod.

TTW GRANDMASTER