Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite movie characters

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

Default Your favorite movie characters

***DON'T SPOIL ANY FILMS! DON'T REVEAL ENDINGS etc!!!***

Stanley White

Played by Mickey Rourke in the movie "Year of the dragon".

Stanley White, the most decorated cop in New York, who hates Asian people since his service in Vietnam, is put in charge of Chinatown where he battles the Chinese mafia.

Mickey Rourke was made for this part, he plays it brilliantly. Stanley White is of polish decent, just thought I'd mention that. He is a real anti-hero, he is rude, usually makes racist remarks and doesn't give a damn about police regulations. At the same time he gives you the feeling that he cares and wants to make it better for people. He hates cops who worry about their pensions and therefore wont take any risks in their police work...that and corrupt cops.

One of my favorite parts is when a cop tells Stanley that he "cares too much", to which Stanley responds: "How can anyone ever care too much"

and of course: "You're right, I'm Wrong. Sorry. I'd like to be a nice man. I would. I just don't know how to be nice."

This character has been one of my all-time favorites for quite some time now. You have to see his performance to understand... you'll either love it or hate it.

Got any own favorites? feel free to post, BUT DON'T YOU DARE SPOIL ANY MOVIES!

Hub'ite's Avatar Primicerius

Eric Draven in The Crow. Brandon Lee was CREATED just for that role in the movie. He did an amazing job in the movie.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Hub'ite
    Eric Draven in The Crow. Brandon Lee was CREATED just for that role in the movie. He did an amazing job in the movie.
    he also died just for that role
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

That was an accident though.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

James Bond

Every guy has, at some point in their lives, wanted to be like him. He always has witty one-liners for any situation, and never loses his presence of mind. Plus, he's completely irresistible to women and has all those cool cars and gadgets.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

rofl amazing I'm watching that movie right now, almost over though. As for favorite movie characters besides Eric Draven, The Man with no Name, Ash and Evil Ash and Verbal Kint (hopefully you all know why)

Civitate

Alonzo (Denzel Washington) from Training Day. Tony Montana (Al Pacino) Scarface
    proud patron of : ____________

russell crowe in Gladiato
    Mike Myers in Austin Powers
    Sean Connery In James Bond
    Roger Moore In James Bond
    John Rhys-Davies As Gimili in Lord Of the Rings
    Last edited by MasterCommander; January 13, 2006 at 09:10 PM.

Jason Bourne, he could kick James Bond's... well, you know.

Also "Torgo" from Manos, the Hands of Fate

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Audience Member # 5 in Remember the Titans....

Seriously, probably the adaptation of Aragorn in LOTR, I like his response to Theoden's statement "What do you do against such hate." (He says "You ride out to meet it.")
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

My favorite movie characters are;

Sargeant Barnes - Platoon

The soldier who keeps order in the platoon, who is a realist, who is commited, who is ruthless, who is brave, who is brutal, who is caring, who is morose.

"Death? What ya'll know about death?"
    "Everybody gotta die sometime, Red."
    "Why do you smoke this stuff? So as to escape reality? Me, I don't need this stuff, I am reality. Theres the way things ought be, and then there is the way things are."
    "You are not gonna tell me how to run my war!"

Captain Willard - Apocalypse Now

He is kind of the main character of the movie and I just like how he kind of stays neutral in life and just lives. Ofcourse there is more to him then this.

"It was a lie. And the more I saw of them, the more I hated lies."
    "The war was being run by four star clowns who were gonna end up giving the whole circus away."
    Under the wing of Nihil - Under my claws; Farnan, Ummon, & Ecclesiastes.

Human beings will be happier — not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie — but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That’s my utopia.
    Kurt Vonnegut

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus The Inane

Captain Willard - Apocalypse Now
    Marlow is a fantastic model character for a movie like this. Read "Heart of Darkness" if you like the movie.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

That was an accident though.
    I know.

My favorite character....humm ...For action it would be James Bond. For comedy I would say Andy played by Steve Carell in 40 year old virgin
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

He(Steve Carell) did do a good job in that movie. That was a funny movie. I gotta go watch The Crow now....

Marlow is a fantastic model character for a movie like this. Read "Heart of Darkness" if you like the movie.
    Tried reading the book, but alas, it was too dull. Perhaps one day when I have more interest I will.
    Under the wing of Nihil - Under my claws; Farnan, Ummon, & Ecclesiastes.

Human beings will be happier — not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie — but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That’s my utopia.
    Kurt Vonnegut

Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction is definately one of my favorites, that is the first one that came to mind.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

I'll be geeky and say... Darth Vader.

What's cooler? Really?

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

I hope I don't ruin it for you Justinian, but Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's dad...

Darth Vader is kind of cool, thought I prefer Yoda...
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

from those movies my favorite character is probably Solo.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Darth Wong's Avatar Pit Bull

I also like Darth Vader in the "villains" category. In the "heroes" category I have to go with Maximus from Gladiator. And in the "anti-heroes" category I have to go with William Munny from Unforgiven.

"Deserve's got nuthin' to do with it." ... BLAM.

Yes, I have a life outside the Internet and Rome Total War
    "Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions" - Stephen Colbert
    Under the kind patronage of Seleukos

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast