Hi, I did a quick search but couldn't find anything relevant, other than a lot of people complaining about the port issue that I'm hoping some brilliant modder has solved...

Is there a mod or tweak available that fixes the port of entry issue, i.e. it allows one to CHOOSE which port trade will pass through, or spreads out the trade to all your trading ports, etc?

France is the best example of the issue we all have faced. They have a number of trade ports, near the English Channel as well as in the Mediterranean. But any trade routes you set up force the trade to go to a port in northern France, starting in Brussels or moving westwards if you develop one of the other slots in the region next to Southern Belgium or west France as a trading port. Then you basically have to hope the AI remains "dumb" enough not to blockade it, or that it waits YEARS to do it so that you as France can build a fleet that MIGHT have a decent chance of defeating Nelson and the British navy.

I've figured out and read from others that the "fix" is to convert all your northern French ports into dockyards, which will force the trade through the French Mediterranean trade ports. But there must be some game "mechanics" that control this feature, which can hopefully be modded/manipulated to allow the user to "pick" which port of entry they prefer, or maybe trade just goes to the nearest port to the SOURCE of the trade (e.g. my nearest port to my trading partner's port, or my nearest port to the trade commodity, etc). OR maybe it could be modded to spread the trade evenly among ALL of your trading ports, which would be my personal preference, since it would still seem more fair than the current system AND allow the "dumb" AI to still catch some of your trade in your northern port(s).

Anyway, if someone develops this or can point me towards a legitimate "fix", I'll +rep you for a month