Thread: Confused (and probably doing something wrong)

Default Confused (and probably doing something wrong)

I'm a little confused about how happiness/order from buildings works in this mod. Some of my cities always get the bonuses to happiness from buildings, some cities never get them, except for those caused by improved health, while others get the happiness bonuses from buildings in some turns and then suddenly lose them the next (resulting in sudden mayhem). Can anyone please explain why?

Default Re: Confused (and probably doing something wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Herunaut View Post
    I'm a little confused about how happiness/order from buildings works in this mod. Some of my cities always get the bonuses to happiness from buildings, some cities never get them, except for those caused by improved health, while others get the happiness bonuses from buildings in some turns and then suddenly lose them the next (resulting in sudden mayhem). Can anyone please explain why?
    Hi Herunaut and welcome to the IB forums..
    I have made it so that occupying lands outside of your factions known provinces can be difficult to control law, happiness. The governors house, although a magnate for trade income, is seen as an oppressive symbol on foreign soil..Not sure if this answerers your question but its meant to be difficult to occupy lands other than your own.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Not sure if that answers my question, tbh. Is there any way I can get the law/happiness bonuses from burial mounds, taverns, etc. in conquered cities or should I just stop building them? Because right now I only get those bonuses in a few cities (playing as Saxons), which means garrisons, tax bonuses, health bonuses and Stonehenge are pretty much the only factors contributing to stability in most of my cities. In Caer Baddon, as I mentioned, it seems fairly random whether I get the positive effects of other buildings, as it changes every now and then. Is there anything I need to build to get these bonuses in more cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Herunaut View Post
    Not sure if that answers my question, tbh. Is there any way I can get the law/happiness bonuses from burial mounds, taverns, etc. in conquered cities or should I just stop building them? Because right now I only get those bonuses in a few cities (playing as Saxons), which means garrisons, tax bonuses, health bonuses and Stonehenge are pretty much the only factors contributing to stability in most of my cities. In Caer Baddon, as I mentioned, it seems fairly random whether I get the positive effects of other buildings, as it changes every now and then. Is there anything I need to build to get these bonuses in more cities?
    Yes you definitely should keep building those buildings. Its a difficult process that is important to keep up with. The Saxons within the game have strong penalties when occupying Romano British lands. Religion plays a major role with this causing issues around law and happiness. The Saxons are pagans that are bent on conquering predominately Christan lands. a great deal of attention will be needed to stabilize the province. are many factors that contribute to this but its important to focus on stabilizing conquered provinces.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod