Thread: The French Chronicles: 100 Years War

Default The French Chronicles: 100 Years War

Year: 1339
    A Crusade was called upon to take Jerusalem. Egypt, having lost the holy lands once already braced for a mass invasion.

A coalition of Christendom Vs Islamic & Orthodox was formed. A British, French, and Holy Roman Empire force invaded the holy lands, and suffered immense casualties as wave after wave of suicidal Muslims bombarded the Crusaders.

After a 7 year holy war, Jerusalem, and half of the Islamic territories were taken, and a mass genocide occurred. Mass rebellions and extermination of the populace was a common occurrence in the holy lands. The news was not very well received in the homelands of northern Europe. Mass rebellions of heretics plagued the northern European countries.

As if it couldn’t get any worse, a pandemic now stalked the land, killing 30-60% of Europe’s population. The Holy Roman Empire, now weak, and barely populated, needed new lands if the Imperial forces were to be maintained, and its lands eaten up by rebels. The only way for expansion was French held staufen.

The Holy Roman Empire sent diplomats to Prince Marc de Lyon. He utterly rejected the proposal. The next in line was Gilmont de Lyon, Marc’s brother. He accepted the proposal, but lacked the power to give staufen to the Holy Roman Empire. In order to get Gilmont to the throne, a mass assanination attempt was taken into place against the French Nobility. The King foiled the assassin, but Prince Marc was not so lucky.

On 1348, Prince Marc was killed, and the Holy Roman Empire was held responsible, as the assassin that tried to kill the king revealed the plan to investigators. A land that is on the verge of collapsing now has a common enemy, which united France’s weak territories. A coalition was made, was made of Frances allies who supported the call to arms, which were: Spain, Portugal, Milan, Naples, & Scottish Vs the Holy Roman Empire, Byzantines, Danes, English, & Russia. The coalitions made the moves, the papacy had no power, and it was now the Coalitions. Battle after Battle occurred on the fronts.

The battle of winter Valley sealed the fate of staufen. 6,844 French & Spanish men met the 7,223 Holy Roman Empire & English men. The armies clashed in the valley of the northern Swiss alps. After fighting an extraordinary battle, an unexpected occurrence happened. A 2,000 man army lead by the Byzantines arrived, completely overpowering the already exhausted French Forces. After a nearly 2 : 1 ratio of killing, the French had to withdraw, or else the last hopes of defending the French Empire were lost. The Holy Roman Empire now had is desired staufen, but the war had caused more casualties than they predicted. They lost as many men as staufen had as its population. Imperial Forces then marched on Paris.

King Louis de Lyon and his personal army held the walls as the reminisce of imperial forces besieged Paris. After a firework of arrows and explosions, the imperial forces climbed the walls. They were beaten back by French knights and pike men. After a devastating cavalry charge, the Imperial army was in full retreat, and the King was victorious. Paris was left in shambles, as the catapults leveled the cathedral, mayor’s palace, and theatre.

With little left to defend their territories, the Holy Roman Empire fell into dismay. Rebellions took settlements, and the Empire slowly was reducing their borders. A Rush of patriotism flowed through the French lands. An Army of 3,814 was bolstered, and reclaimed former French territories. Meanwhile, the Scottish was invading York and Dublin, weakening the English, The Spanish & Sicilians invaded the Byzantines, & the Danish were invading Scotland, while the Portuguese were attacking Norway. The war continued into such a wide placed occurrence that there were mounds upon mounds of casualties from Oslo to Constantinople.

After 10 years of repairs and reconstruction, the French armies invaded staufen, and fought what was left of a formerly proud nation. It was 1432, as in ancient Jericho, the walls of Staufen fell, marking once and for all, the end of the Holy Roman Empire. Forces immediately occupied the undefended towns of Frankfurt, Noumenburg, and Innsbruck. The enemy coalition was then engaged with the members of the French coalition, and for once in nearly 100 years French legions were not engaged in combat.

With French dominance over Europe secured, all factions that helped in the Great War were offered vassalage, which everyone accepted, and enemy factions were exterminated by mass genocide. The bloodied face of Europe, once plagued by a 100 year war, now finally saw peace under a single sovereign, which was ironically the descendant of Gilmont de Lyon, Augustus de Lyon.

Now Europe, now united has new challenges, the wilderness of America, the steeps of Mongolia, and much more.; but the people of Europe do it together thanks to a war that caused the lives of estimated 600,000-1,000,000 through extermination, battles & revolts
    Last edited by Espadas:Benson; May 19, 2010 at 06:23 AM.

IvanIV's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: The French Chronicles: 100 Years War

ooohhh. an AAR similar to my Spanish Chronicle of the Kings

Link to the Chronicles of the Spanish Kings: Spain AAR:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330141

Im sorry for the noobishness, but whats an AAR?
    How was your spanish chronical? i played as spain once, got my ass kicked by moors, french, and portugees

Niiiice! Is this a mod? You mentioned Norway and assassinations of your own family members. And just out of curiosity, how'd you arrive at those casualty figures?

Great After-Action Report (AAR)!

I liked this! I would like to know more about the de Lyon dynasty
    Oh, and I LOL'd when I read about Portugal invading Norway.

it isnt a mod, i got the causualties from the average people i exterminated, and i also jotted down how many troops i had at the begining and at the end, and the best numbers came to 600,000-1,000,000. i was surprised so low,. i exterminated atleat 12 large cities, and sometimes more than once, also with the large battles, it was equal to that. And norway (the southern part of it) is avalible for vanilla. I loled when portugal invaded norway too. Quite the amibious little fellows

Oh, and for the lyon dynasty, i never adopted, and my only royal guy (the prince died early on) was guilmont de lyon. so everyone is now a de lyon desendent in the roayal family. lols

IvanIV's Avatar Ducenarius

here's link to my Spanish Chronicles:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...57#post6714257

Link to the Chronicles of the Spanish Kings: Spain AAR:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330141

quite the story you got there

new format thanks to Thursgun!

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

AARs go here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=268
    I know that noobies often make pointless threads and posts about their own victories or experiences that no one really cares about unless its actually huge (which this is the case) and thus a semi AAR, but everyone listen. A semi-AAR is still an AAR, so next time you tell us about your chronicles please go the extra miles to add pictures and post it in the right board.

Not only will you get waaay more attention but you will also get help from many experienced AAR writers. Same goes for any other topic, always, ALWAYS post it in the right board .
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Karnage's Avatar Centenarius

Another French AAR just kidding, make sure you post it in the right section so people can view your story
    My work in progress AAR, come and have look.

L'État c'est moi, The Monarchy of France
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355826

Critic Quills review about my AAR.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=365219

Im sorry, i joined just to post that 1, i am was and still an the biggest noob ever. I apologize, ill ask a mod to put it in there, and write my futurwe AARs there~ Thanks for the support and im glad you guys liked it!

No problem, good luck with your future AARs and be sure to expand this one (if your still going to continue it) with pictures... everybody loves pictures .
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

lols, i dont think im going to continue it. but, im currently working on one now im going to set it up within the hour, so if you wanrt check it out! Also, could you spare a few tips on doing a real AAR?

So I noticed, French AAR's are growing in numbers these days

Quote Originally Posted by Espadas:Benson View Post
    lols, i dont think im going to continue it. but, im currently working on one now im going to set it up within the hour, so if you wanrt check it out! Also, could you spare a few tips on doing a real AAR?
    I'm not an AARtists I'm afraid , I've only done one which failed after 4-5 updates or so, also no pictures. I got bored with it rather fast, but we have a TWC wiki and you can always PM an active member who has made many AAR's for tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Espadas:Benson View Post
    I am building an AAR right now, have a look, perhaps it will help you . Although I am not an expert in AAR's, I will be more then happy to help you if you need it.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Moved