Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.2 Soundtrack

Default 6.2 Soundtrack

Hey guys,

Searched the forums but can't find a list anywhere of the songs used in SS 6.2, I generally play England so it's North European ones I'm after.

Anyone able to help me out, or let me know how to extract the songs from the SS folder (if they're hidden in there somewhere).

Thanks

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: 6.2 Soundtrack

Do you mean the new music in RR/RC? Because straight up 6.2 doesn't add any music.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Oh, must be RR/RC then; never played 6.2 without it just assumed the core music came with the base mod...

Beam up me scotty!

PS. Yeah, talking about the music with like, the funky monk chants and little boy squeeling Hallelujah and that song that sounds like Enya sing it, but actually don't (Release me, I'm not afraid to, teach me, to learn your ways) etc.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Moving to RR/RC forum

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Recon5000's Avatar Civis

I tried editing the music a while ago but couldn't figure it out, my game would crash and i would get no sound every time. So now i have a second medieval 2 total war stainless steel installed with an older RR/RC from April 23. There i make all my music adjustments and what not, then take the new events.dat and musics.dat i made and bring them over to my first medieval install with the newest RR/RC compilation.

Its longer, take up more space and i lose some good sounds from the newer compilation but get my custom music in return. there might be an easier method someone knows on these forums though.
    Last edited by Recon5000; May 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM.

I know "Banjooie.mp3" is Sno by Laleh and two of the other ones are renamed mp3s as well that I don't remember the name of right now. The only way to get the files out of the .dat file is to extract them using vercingingotrix's (I don't think I'm spelling his name right at all, haha) editor

I actually found banjooie by using a app my girlfriend haso n her iphone, since the lyrics are all swedish, that was the only way I could do it

Thanks for that, also found one of them to be 'Marie Brennann - Perfect Time (Clannad)'. Don't know the one with the 'funky' music and monk chants and boy screaming hallelujah though.

There is a certain song that plays during the world map, in which a woman sings.
    I'd really like to know which one it is but I can't remember what she sings O_o

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Morrolan View Post
    There is a certain song that plays during the world map, in which a woman sings.
    I'd really like to know which one it is but I can't remember what she sings O_o
    VAGUE

Hmm..... I like you....

What faction were you playing? This will help narrow it down significantly.

I have a hunch though...

Try Ishtar Last Kiss...

Random thoughts, revelations, what dark thoughts spur us forward?

I too have issues with several songs from the RR/RC+6.2 version. Specifically, the pop songs: there are at least 2 songs I'd like to replace with my own music, one is with a woman singing in what appears to be an arabic language and another with a "dynamic duo" (male+female voices) and a monk choir singing some annoying pop song (the only lyrics of this song that I remember are something about "come with me, over the sea"). Also, I'm playing as Scotland, if that helps.

I've looked in the SS data/sounds/music folder and I can't find any of these songs, yet I keep getting them ingame, almost every turn. It's really annoying because it completely ruins the immersion(after a turn of non-stop battle, hearing pop songs about love is NOT my idea of immersion).

I hope someone can help me find and replace these songs because they're totally ruining the SS experience for me. Thanks in advance.

PS: No, I don't want to mute the ingame music and make my own playlist, most of the SS campaign music is awesome, except for the few I've mentioned.
    Last edited by Kael BloodMoon; May 23, 2010 at 03:36 PM.
    Fear is the mother of defeat.
    Tranquility is courage in repose. Courage is confidence in action.

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kael BloodMoon View Post
    I too have issues with several songs from the RR/RC+6.2 version. Specifically, the pop songs: there are at least 2 songs I'd like to replace with my own music, one is with a woman singing in what appears to be an arabic language and another with a "dynamic duo" (male+female voices) singing some annoying pop song (the only lyrics of this song that I remember are something about "come with me, over the sea"). Also, I'm playing as Scotland, if that helps.

I've looked in the SS data/sounds/music folder and I can't find any of these songs, yet I keep getting them ingame, almost every turn. It's really annoying because it completely ruins the immersion(after a turn of non-stop battle, hearing pop songs about love is NOT my idea of immersion).

I hope someone can help me find and replace these songs because they're totally ruining the SS experience for me. Thanks in advance.

PS: No, I don't want to mute the ingame music and make my own playlist, most of the SS campaign music is awesome, except for the few I've mentioned.
    OK that pop song you mentioned about over the sea and stuff should have the name ( forgot where they are though) Last Kiss by Ishtar. This is the number one complained about song, though I personally swing both ways on it, depends on my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears of Destiny View Post
    OK that pop song you mentioned about over the sea and stuff should have the name ( forgot where they are though) Last Kiss by Ishtar. This is the number one complained about song, though I personally swing both ways on it, depends on my mood.
    Thanks for the info, but I can't find it in any folder within M2TW. Perhaps it's in the .dat files? I've no idea how to find and replace it.
    Fear is the mother of defeat.
    Tranquility is courage in repose. Courage is confidence in action.

Kael BloodMoon, you might want to check out this thread, starting at post 6. It works. I took that song out months ago and I play A LOT more Stainless than I used to...(Maybe you better leave it in...)

What is the name of the song that plays during the video when the mod is started?

Edit: Sorry, probably wrong topic, I meant when you open up 6.2, not rr/rc
    Last edited by Rop3n; May 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM.

I have unpacked the music in the ss/data/sounds/music, but all I get is the vanilla songs. Where are the soundtrack for this minimod located?

nevermind, figured it out

edit : The name of the songs would be nice! I'm mainly thinking about a song that sounds very greec. Lots of guitar playing (not sure if its really a gitar)
    edit again : Erin 02 is the song I'm looking for.
    Last edited by Haakon; June 01, 2010 at 02:59 PM.
    lol

Yes, the names of the songs would be lovely. I've found a couple that are rather easy to find, but the one that appears to be in Spanish with the guitar and celtic pipes I cannot find for the life of me, and is my favourite of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    Oh, must be RR/RC then; never played 6.2 without it just assumed the core music came with the base mod...

Beam up me scotty!

PS. Yeah, talking about the music with like, the funky monk chants and little boy squeeling Hallelujah and that song that sounds like Enya sing it, but actually don't (Release me, I'm not afraid to, teach me, to learn your ways) etc.

Googling "Funky monk feat. Choir boy - Hallelujah Chant" didn't give any conclusive results. Help me out.

It sounded rather like a rehash of the M2TW vanilla main menu, actually, with a drum beat added awkwardly over the top. It's not among my favourites, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by MariusHealth View Post
    Googling "Funky monk feat. Choir boy - Hallelujah Chant" didn't give any conclusive results. Help me out.
    I believe you may be talking about what I think is an Enigma song, but no promises.

I haven't recognized any of their songs in RR/RC (then again, I haven't played all the factions yet), but listen to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEh2N5hmPVM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast