View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favourite Bad Guy?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gollum

3 3.61%
  • Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs

6 7.23%
  • Glaurung

4 4.82%
  • Morgoth

13 15.66%
  • Mouth of Sauron

5 6.02%
  • Saruman

11 13.25%
  • Sauron

6 7.23%
  • Shelob

1 1.20%
  • Smaug

4 4.82%
  • Ungoliant

2 2.41%
  • Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgûl

24 28.92%
  • Other, please specify

4 4.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your Favourite Bad Guy?

Default Who Is Your Favourite Bad Guy?

Who is your favourite bad guy? I specifically did not add some of the "minor" bad guys, such as Azog, Bolg, the Sons of Fëanor, Maeglin, Grishnákh, etc etc, so if your favourite is not mentioned, vote Other, and please specify who.

Apoc

Ungoliant. She killed the trees, and nearly killed Melkor singlehandly and almost ate the Simirals(SP).
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Glaurung - for causing so much death and ruin to Beleriand, and to the Children of Hurin

Morgoth: the baddest of them all.

Apoc

The rich history of the Nazgul intrigue me.

Major König's Avatar Civitate

Sauron, the overlord of the orcs. He is the mystery man we all hate, but we never really know who wer'e hating.

Morgoth!

The Fourth Age: Total War - Map Manager, Editor and Coder

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

I like the Mouth of Sauron. He has a bit of history behind him, methinks :wink:
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

Miles

Smaug! The coolest conversation between good and bad in the LOTR-Section of Tolkiens world.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Hmmm's Avatar Senator

Sauron, of course. Morgoth is just a boring guy who, even if supposed to have been a valar, is weak. I mean if he is so great, how can ungoliant be more powerfull? Gothmog was killed by an elf, come on (i know that Sauron was killed by a human but... he is cooler)! All dragons in the books is pathetic, exept those who can fly.
    Saruman, just a stupid traitor who is not even deserving to be the leader of the wizards. He is more like a stupid toy for Sauron. And then the leader of the Nazguls, cool, but not as cool as Sauron.

Oh, and Gollum, the most boring, most pathetic of them all.

So Sauron, there is no doubt.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Morgoth Pwns all Bich!
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

I consider there to be three Dark Lords. Morgoth, Sauron, and...Saruman? No not that noob. Er-Murazor, The Witch King (I indeed count Er-Murazor as the canonical name, since Er-Murazor translated meant Witch King or something like that, plus his name was found on a scarp of paper by Tolkien which also had Khamul's name on it including 7 other names, several of which were certainly Numenorean in origin.). Because of Witch-King of ANGMAR. Angmar kept "The West" busy while Sauron figured out how to regroup, it also brought an even rapider decline in Arnor then was already in effect, and almost killed off Line of Isildur etc. Certainly helped Sauron in his return in the Third Age, even though Sauron didn't exactly win the WR. Good has to win though so bleh.

Concering Ungoliant almost "killing" Melkor it was only because he was weakened by holding the Simarils, and she was also pumped up from eating the trees, and the jewels Melkor fed her. I never think of Gothmog/Glaurung as "baddest of the bad" only strongmen of Melkor. Melkor was a pansy though too. Man I need to stop explaining my logic and just vote... *votes Witch King*

-Revan

I believe Er-Murazor is an invention by ICE, for their roleplaying game, and that it is not a name which appears in any of Tolkien's (published) writings. Do you have any source for that? What Er-Murazor would be translated as is difficult to ascertain, as only 'zôr' (Imrazôr, Gimilzôr) is - to my knowledge - used in Adûnaic (though its meaning is not stated). One should also think that they would have used the proper Adûnaic prefix Ar-, meaning 'king' (from Âru), and not Er-, which doesn't seem to mean anything.

Whatever you want to call him, I agree that the Witch-king is pretty bad-ass :wink: He also seems to be leading this poll...

Apoc

I'm afraid my source is from what i've gathered over my years of Tolkien research and have no real site or book I can give you. I do recommend googling "Lord of the Rings Fanatics.com" and checking the forums. I think Er- meant Witch or Dar or something to that effect, but I am rather unclear with that. I am also 99.99% sure that Er-Murazor is not named in any of the published books, but the infamous piece of paper with 9 names one being Khamul supports my theory of his real name. No matter how much it is disproved 'Murazor will always be my name for him anyway, just like I still pronounce Celeborn as Seleborn and not Keleborn like he should be.

-Revan

I also just looked up the elements of 'Murazor's name with the appendix in Silmarrilion.

Er=One/Alone, possiably refering to him being the strongest of the Nazgul, or the Nazgul's somewhat lonely and crummy life.

Mur=Very close to Mor which means "Dark"
    Couldn't find anything for zor, but could very well be from languages that arent in back of Silmarillion. I think they used Westron and not Quenya or Sindarin or something else Tolkien may have used to deal out names for Witch-King and Nazgul.

-Revan

witch king rocks

The catapult commander from the return of the king
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Herumor!! Wasn't even on the list! *sob*

*winks at the LOTR mod team*
    "Vanda sina termaruva Elenna*noreo alcar enyalien ar Elendil Vorondo voronwe. Nai tiruvantes i harar mahal-massen mi Numen ar i Eru i or ilye mahalmar ea tennoio."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast