Thread: The game crashes without reason.

Default The game crashes without reason.

Ok I played this game normally and I havent installed any mods. Only thing I did install is the 1.3 patch that came when the BI was released, but I did that long time ago and it hasnt done anything. Well the problem is that my game crashes to desktop every time I try to end the turn. I used the -show_err, but it doesnt show anything. Can this have something to do with the fact that the Reform just came couple of turns back? If so why it crashes only now?. I would be very pleased if somebody could give me advices...really hate to start from the beginning and what quarantee I have this wont hapen again This also havent happened never before and I have played from the realease.

-Tiberius Gracchus-

BUMP

I got the exact same problem and now i cant load my campaign due to crashes when loading.

I got rtw 1.3 (standalone patch) without any mods or changes in the data folders

such a perfect campaign goes to waist. What is the problem ?
    check my "only 1 settlement" thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30259

Idk about you TIberious, but @ peter, once you patch ur game from 1.2 to 1.3 you cant load any past campaigns. So srry to say but your game is gone I guess you could move the save file a different copy of the game with the 1.2 patch but I dunno how to do it.

Why don’t presidents fight the war?
    Why do they always send the poor?

Yeah but i started a brand new campaign in 1.3 but now my Autosave which is the only saved data is not working. Should i not trust the autosave and save manually every turn?

(i allways forgetting to save manually)

I will start a new campaign and hope this never happen again. Do you think quicksave is a better option or do i must save the "hard" way ?

Before you installed Bi did you install the RTW verison 1.2? When I first got BI I didn't and it CTD on me too!
    Under the Noble Patronage of Rome AC.

I'm french! Why do you think I 'av this outragous accent you silly king?! Now go away before I taunt you a second time!

A former member of the Canadian Colbert Nation, now a working member of the Panda Punctuation Police Protection agency. Otherwise known as PPPP.

this is my installement order

1. make sure the old rtw folder is gone
    2. install rtw 1.0
    3. install patch 1.1
    4.install patch 1.2
    5. install 1.3 patch (standalone, not bi included patch)
    6. run game
    7. start campaign
    8. play for 70 ingame years
    9. end turn *boom* crashing to desktop without warning
    10. load game, dosent work (crash to desktop)
    11. ?

what could be wrongh?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    this is my installement order

1. make sure the old rtw folder is gone
    2. install rtw 1.0
    3. install patch 1.1
    4.install patch 1.2
    5. install 1.3 patch (standalone, not bi included patch)
    6. run game
    7. start campaign
    8. play for 70 ingame years
    9. end turn *boom* crashing to desktop without warning
    10. load game, dosent work (crash to desktop)
    11. ?

what could be wrongh?
    70 years= 140 turns. Does this happen EVERY time at the same time? WHo are you playing as?
    It seems like your doing the right thing. SO try saving every other turn and see if that helps.

I'm french! Why do you think I 'av this outragous accent you silly king?! Now go away before I taunt you a second time!

A former member of the Canadian Colbert Nation, now a working member of the Panda Punctuation Police Protection agency. Otherwise known as PPPP.

Im not sure if it happens at a set time but i think its random. The first time it happend i was playing a Julii campaign and when pressing the next turn button it crashed to desktop and i thought, hmm ok. So i restarted rtw again and loaded my autosave then it crashed again. so my autosave is corrupted or something. I have a quick save but it is a distant time before the autosave. So i might check if it crashes again at the same time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Im not sure if it happens at a set time but i think its random. The first time it happend i was playing a Julii campaign and when pressing the next turn button it crashed to desktop and i thought, hmm ok. So i restarted rtw again and loaded my autosave then it crashed again. so my autosave is corrupted or something. I have a quick save but it is a distant time before the autosave. So i might check if it crashes again at the same time period.
    form what you,ve told use, I really don't know what to suggest... Keep trying to reinstall and see if that works.

Thanks for the help anyway. But it is working now. No more crashes. I got like 14 manual saves now that i can choose from if it happens again though.

I learned my lesson and i should save more often