Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BC: Wintersiege-bug fix

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default BC: Wintersiege-bug fix

Hello everybody,

as you all know: this bug is pure hate.

so i tried to fix this and corrected 59 log-errors in the data files. I play BC1.2+Unit balancing 1.3

i changed the following files:

export_descr_buildings.txt
    export_descr_unit.txt
    descr_projectile.txt
    descr_walls.txt

First: please backup this files (they are in the \\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights\data folder).
    Second: this fix is not savegame compatible!!! You have to start a new campaign.

My first tests are all ok, playing as TO and sieging like 10 different towns (wooden and stone) and i´m very happy about it NO CTD in Wintersieges so far!!!

http://www.filefront.com/17021497/wi...0for%201.3.rar

or

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...r-1.3.rar.html

Download this rar and unpack into your \\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights\data folder. overwrite everything if asked.

i also refreshed all other Baltic Crusades important downloadlinks in this tread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484999

Please answer me if you have any problems and if it´s crashes please post your logfile.

best wishes
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; October 18, 2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Thread sticking

Default Re: possible Bugfix for notorious Wintersiege-BUG (need feedback and more tests with other factions!!)

I will test it later, but if you played winter sieges, then is just... awesome! Test it more and if the fix is ok, then we will stick this thread.
    Thanks!

Default Re: possible Bugfix for notorious Wintersiege-BUG (need feedback and more tests with other factions!!)

i play wintersieges. No problem so far - but i like to test a city with bombardtowers ingame.

My status:
    TO - about 37 wintersieges - one ctd in Kalmar
    LT - about 15 wintersieges - no ctd
    PL - about 5 wintersieges - no ctd
    NV - about 23 wintersieges - no ctd
    MG - about 3 wintersieges - no ctd
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; May 29, 2010 at 01:54 PM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

but i like to test a city with bombardtowers ingame.

Buildings are just a console command away. Much better than playing through a huge long campaign

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

yeah - i´ve forgot cheating
    i will do this - but i´m so happy to play this mod in full detail, that i don´t wanted to cheat in my first (test)game .

Default Re: BC: Wintersiege-bug fix

playing as Mongols, first battle was unwalled settlement in winter :no CTD

walled settlement storming the walls to be tested

walled settlement they sally forth to be tested

I was loving this mod also except the ctd in winter was really killing it for me,

I will edit this post as I keep testing er playing er testing

after I do those next 2 tests I will definetly rep you

dang got upkeep costs again I was kinda liking the free upkeep
    Last edited by born2dive67; May 14, 2010 at 09:35 AM.

i have one unspecific wintersiege-ctd untill now. so the fix is not for sure. but i think most ctd are solved. thanks alot for all feedbacks

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Downloading as we speak, will give a go later ...Thanks +REP

Signature made by Joar

thanks you

Iwill take a look in near future

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I hope no more crashes for this amazing mod. It is a good solution until the team releases the next version of the mod which according to them is very stable.

_Tartaros_ Big tnx for your superb refreshment Its wery neat when somebody really care

thanks, could you please say also what was the real cause , as I am intereted though what actually caused such a weird crash ^^.

thanks MADTAO for the kind words! i really like BC - so this winterbugthing has to die

Kyho: i was mainly looking for some details. some parts from the original dlv don´t fit to 1.2. So i think a main problem was the bombard_tower_shot and the descr_projectile.txt in link with the descr_walls.txt, but there was also some confusion with the units ownership (i added and changed some ownership of some models)

File is no longer on file front page can you please put new download link

ok, i checked and updated the link. should be alright now. thanks mimi

One CTD with Mongols against the city of Minsk(Lithuania), while winter.

12:36:38.438 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1535, column 125
    unit(ME Peasants) does not match up to the ownership for faction(mongols)
    12:36:38.439 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1566, column 115
    unit(Naffatun) does not match up to the ownership for faction(mongols)
    12:36:38.439 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1601, column 123
    12:36:38.441 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1646, column 101
    unit(Naffatun) does not match up to the ownership for faction(mongols)
    12:36:38.441 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1682, column 125
    12:36:38.447 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1760, column 124
    unit(ME Peasant Archers) does not match up to the ownership for faction(mongols)
    12:36:38.448 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1791, column 125
    unit(ME Peasant Archers) does not match up to the ownership for faction(mongols)
    12:36:38.449 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1833, column 99
    unit(S Peasant Archers) does not match up to the ownership for faction(poland)
    12:36:38.449 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1836, column 124

thank you, i will check it

Thanks Tartaros, I had restart 3 campaign with Mongols, many small villages while winter sieged no cause CTD, but Minsk always cause CTD while winter.
    Vilnius cause CTD also, problem come from the walls. Minsk and Vilnius have the same step of walls.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; July 18, 2010 at 04:08 PM.

Great. But is it possible to use this without Unit Balancing 1.3? It causes a severe problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast