Thread: Advice on mods

Default Advice on mods

Hi guys, I need some advice on what I should do. I've just installed a fresh copy of MTW II + Kingdoms, and then also a fresh copy of Stainless Steel plus patch 6.1. I was going to then install Crimson Tide, Cities & Castle Mod and then Basileia ton Romaion, like I did last time on my old PC - which all went fine. Although this time I'm been looking at Point Blank's RC/RR - it looks great , but does anyone know if its still possible to have epicly huge battles with this mod, as it seems costs and unit training time are increased to such a degree, that this would be reduced. And it waiting for good units to come avaible really that long a wait? And of course, would it still be compatible to install all these mods? RC/RR looks like a interesting option, but I'm going to be the Byz's and Basileia ton Romaion is the best mod out there for them!

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Advice on mods

Please ask questions about the RR/RC compilation in the RR/RC forum. Moving thread.

Yes it is very much possible to have epic huge battles.

And the RR/RC compilation includes the Basiliea ton Romaion submod.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I played 6.1 with RR/RC. I was not thrilled with the submod. I upgraded to 6.2 RC4 and am enjoying it so far (only just started my first campaign with it).

I would recommend adding mods a little bit at a time so you can better judge which flavor you like. For instance, if you load 3 submods on top of 6.1 and find there is a particular aspect you don't like, you may not be sure which mod its from.

i have this problem too.please advise me too!!

I think you must ask questions about the RR/RC compilation in the RR/RC forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Although this time I'm been looking at Point Blank's RC/RR - it looks great , but does anyone know if its still possible to have epicly huge battles with this mod, as it seems costs and unit training time are increased to such a degree, that this would be reduced.
    I've been following RR/RC for a very long time. I have to say that I consistently encounter epic, huge battles with this mod. Quality units, as you get playing, you'll realize aren't that hard to come by at all (they are more I think with Byg's submod to RR/RC, but I don't use that). I'll often have enemies counter a siege with 2 3/4 full stacks, who usually team up together in the battle map(due to Germanicu5 excelletn Battle AI) and then commence the assault on me with enormous numbers. If this mod had no epic battles, I would not play it. Trust me, they're there and in plenty too.

And it waiting for good units to come avaible really that long a wait?
    Hardly. In the early feudal years when you only have castles feudal knights come around every 9 or 12 turns I believe, but once you start upgrading to fortresses, plus adding in the many elite area of recruitment units, you'll find no lack in your army's bulk of quality fighting units. The only area that really has a problem is 1100-1300 Italy. After that though they get access to a plethora of insanely good mercenary units that can help bulk up your armies. Nearly all of the other faction areas will have your armies blossoming with quality units (again, this is speaking in terms of NO BGR mod)

And of course, would it still be compatible to install all these mods? RC/RR looks like a interesting option, but I'm going to be the Byz's and Basileia ton Romaion is the best mod out there for them!
    Basileia ton Romaion is already included with RR/RC so you don't need to worry about installing that as well. As for the BGR mod, I personally don't like many of its features but I've found lot of the community absolutely loves it and find the challenge it gives worth trying out.

Hope that all helps
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

I would recommend RR/RC. Fixes most bugs/spelling errors from 6.1 (actually 6.2 does this, but it's a part of RR/RC ), includes many great sub mods (as said, also Basileia ton Romaion) and, if it matters, the majority of the forum users plays it.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.