Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [OUT OF DATE] Hungary Sub-mod v1.1

Default Re: DMUC Hungary

Great! Can you give us an update on what is possible with your version (region, army, money etc.)
    And when is it ready for testing?

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Michadon View Post
    Great! Can you give us an update on what is possible with your version (region, army, money etc.)
    And when is it ready for testing?
    Nothing new since I spent the time trying to find what was wrong with my version.
    Need to work on the region population, income and things like that.
    I think I can give you a testable version tomorrow but with only ornamentum units.

The hard part will be making the models and skins for the new units. Atleast thats the only thing that I'm afraid of at the moment

Alright. I hope that all will work out fine. It is for DMUC yes? Or is it only for the normal ETW (which would be sad).
    Population is a delicate issue? How much can we give Hungary without making the game unbalanced (when they get too much tax income for example).

Alright. I hope that all will work out fine. It is for DMUC yes? Or is it only for the normal ETW (which would be sad).
    Population is a delicate issue? How much can we give Hungary without making the game unbalanced (when they get too much tax income for example).

It is for DMUC, I modified the default custom campaign (HusserITW's All Factions Playable Mod) in DMUC so you can also play with Hungary in it.

At the moment the incomes and are too low and public order is bad:
    -2 in Hungary and -3 in Transylvania
    trying to find a solution for it

what about religion? is it well selected for Hungary or is it from previous nations and therefore incorrect?
    i'm from if you like my post or it did helped you, you can +rep me

Quote Originally Posted by jogamen View Post
    what about religion? is it well selected for Hungary or is it from previous nations and therefore incorrect?
    Catholic so it is correct.

and what is the religion % in that area? on the other hand - take closer look on the city info and there you can read what is causing this problem.

and what is the religion % in that area? on the other hand - take closer look on the city info and there you can read what is causing this problem.
    Religion % is only a problem in Transylvania (85% orthodox) but that can be changed easily and it only causes a -2 religious unrest.

The problem is since they are minor cities there are no bonuses from buildings to compensate for the large minus given by the government type (monarchy)

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

Give them better politicians with bonuses like "BonVivant". Then the people will love you

Quote Originally Posted by Lexandro81 View Post
    Give them better politicians with bonuses like "BonVivant". Then the people will love you
    Will do
    as soon as I learn how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Xwhyzed View Post
    but that can be changed easily and it only causes a -2 religious unrest.
    so change it everything you change after that will in end effect lead to happiness

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

first of all, Hajduk units appear in Bulgaria, Greece, Serbia, Bosnia as well as Croatia and Hungary
    they were locals, peasants if you want, who were fihting against Turks, irregular militia unit

it would be accurate to make Hajduk unit for all of these nations

about Balkan mod, that aint that bad idea, could be done...

Too bad that unrest and income are problems. They have to be dealt with. The solution posted about the politicians and their stats (bon vivant etc.) could solve the problem on the short term but in the long run, the situation could change back to the way it would be, as, for instance, these politicians die. So it might not be such a good solution after all.

About income: If you haven't found a way to raise their population (and thus (tax)income), Other ways must be found. Perhaps you know how to give the regions specific stats (like the town wealth). If you give them some townwelth to start with, their taxes will be higher as well.

for instance, these politicians die.
    until the die, you should have another regions around your starting provinces so it should be not that bad. I would say, major city SHOULD be in this days called Bratislava (Pressburg). Give to austria friendly status and all the problems should be solved but its up to you

Too bad that unrest and income are problems. They have to be dealt with. The solution posted about the politicians and their stats (bon vivant etc.) could solve the problem on the short term but in the long run, the situation could change back to the way it would be, as, for instance, these politicians die. So it might not be such a good solution after all.

About income: If you haven't found a way to raise their population (and thus (tax)income), Other ways must be found. Perhaps you know how to give the regions specific stats (like the town wealth). If you give them some townwelth to start with, their taxes will be higher as well.
    Fixed the unrest, fortunately I didn't have to give new traits to the ministers just remove the existing negative tratis.

Also fixed the religion.

I think populiaton doesn't effect tax income in this game, it's is calculated from region wealth.
    I can raise Subsistence agriculture which is basically the starting wealth of a region. This ofcourse will have to be balanced. Current starting tax income is 380 for Hungary and 430 for Transylvania
    a little low I think

I don;t know if it isn't completely not effect by population. I once tried adding up all the taxes (from townwealth and those things) and got short by about 30% or something. Or I miscalculated, which is unlikely, or there was some other tax-scource. But either way, the numbers you posted for Hungary and Transylvania (380 and 430 respectively) are indeed too low. Have you found a way to make this higher (adding townwealth or something else)? Because low income is never a good thing

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but are you saying it is nearly finished? Apart from the unit roster of course.

until the die, you should have another regions around your starting provinces so it should be not that bad. I would say, major city SHOULD be in this days called Bratislava (Pressburg). Give to austria friendly status and all the problems should be solved but its up to you
    Yes, I know historically it would be correct to make Bratislava/Pozsony/Pressburg a major city because the Hungarian parliament seated there
    but considering game balance it is really too close to Vienna, sure it's Ok when you want to be friendly with Austria (Hungary will start as it's protectorate) but if you would want a war it would make problems.

Also because the idea is based on Rákóczi's war who started from Transylvania I think I'll make Klausenburg/Kolozsvár a major city.

At the moment Pressburg is a Governors Residance and Klausenburg is a Military Governors encampment

I don;t know if it isn't completely not effect by population. I once tried adding up all the taxes (from townwealth and those things) and got short by about 30% or something. Or I miscalculated, which is unlikely, or there was some other tax-scource. But either way, the numbers you posted for Hungary and Transylvania (380 and 430 respectively) are indeed too low. Have you found a way to make this higher (adding townwealth or something else)? Because low income is never a good thing

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but are you saying it is nearly finished? Apart from the unit roster of course.
    Hungary
    population 4 million
    region wealth 1200 (200 farming, 1000 agriculture which I can edit)
    tax rate 32,3%
    tax income is 387

Translyvania
    population 1.4 million
    region wealth 1325
    tax rate 32,3%
    tax income is 428

as you can see population is not effecting tax income (not sure but this could be a change in DMUC)

Well it is finished in the term that you can play with Hungary but I don't think it is worth playing yet.
    The hard part will be the unit roster.

My calculations on taxations I made during a my last campaign must have been flawed then. DMUC has not changed the taxes for as far as I know. I do believe that the income from taxes is a bit too low at the moment. Perhaps building it up to about 500/600 for Hungary and 600/700 for Transylvania. Perhaps by adding more Farming (agriculture seems High enough with 1000 a.t.m.).

it made me wonder though, shouldn't there be some mining in Transylvania? Because of the Carpathian Mountains? They are present on the map, so why no Mining? Perhaps one of the empty towns could be turned into a mine. Just thinking out loud here.

My calculations on taxations I made during a my last campaign must have been flawed then. DMUC has not changed the taxes for as far as I know. I do believe that the income from taxes is a bit too low at the moment. Perhaps building it up to about 500/600 for Hungary and 600/700 for Transylvania. Perhaps by adding more Farming (agriculture seems High enough with 1000 a.t.m.).

it made me wonder though, shouldn't there be some mining in Transylvania? Because of the Carpathian Mountains? They are present on the map, so why no Mining? Perhaps one of the empty towns could be turned into a mine. Just thinking out loud here.
    there is mining it's already in the wealth (1325)

I can only edit agriculture because farming is given by buildings (farms,wineyards ...)

Checked some other factions with 2 starting cities and they have 1500-2000 agricultrue
    so I'v given the same stats to Hungary and now the tax is around 6-700/region

Also increased these stats of Austrias regions to compensate to their losses.

Almost finished making Transylvania a major city