Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: [OUT OF DATE] Hungary Sub-mod v1.1

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: DMUC Hungary

the easiest solution would be to set the diplomatic settings at the start to be friendly with all (I'm sure that's how Greece does it) and then go from there
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

That would indeed be the easiest solution yes. But highly unusual. Because if it was a rebellion, why would the ones they rebelled from (Austria I guess) still be friendly witht hem? And the ottomans wouldn't be friends either. I don't know about the other nations. I think a starting army is needed. A starting army may cause another problem. The wealth in the regions is ok now, with a decent amount of tax-income but when these two regions must support an army, it might be too much for them to support.

I think that from memory a couple of units are set at 0 in the recruitment queue in Greece so it allows a rapid development in turn 1 and is a lot easier than the work needed to the startpos
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    the easiest solution would be to set the diplomatic settings at the start to be friendly with all (I'm sure that's how Greece does it) and then go from there
    It is already set to friendly with all nations (default in DMUC CC)

I think that from memory a couple of units are set at 0 in the recruitment queue in Greece so it allows a rapid development in turn 1 and is a lot easier than the work needed to the startpos
    Does that mean that you can queue up 10 units in a simple barracks and they will be ready next turn?

if it does then the other question: is it posibble to set a unit so it can only be recruited for some turns or until a specific date?

because if I make some units like this (so you can recruit 10 in 1 turn) then it will disrupt game balance later on since you can rebuild half of your army in only 1 turn
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; May 15, 2010 at 05:28 AM.

Is it possible to make an emergent faction playable in battles?
    i need it so I can test the new units

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Xwhyzed View Post
    Does that mean that you can queue up 10 units in a simple barracks and they will be ready next turn?

if it does then the other question: is it posibble to set a unit so it can only be recruited for some turns or until a specific date?

because if I make some units like this (so you can recruit 10 in 1 turn) then it will disrupt game balance later on since you can rebuild half of your army in only 1 turn
    Make a special unit like: "revolutionary Line Infantry" or "Hungaryan patriotics" with a limit of 10. So the player can have in 1 turn a halfstack to defend himself. You can make the same with Hussars like "Rákóczi's Hussars" with limit of 4. And a general unit with Rákóczi himself with limit 1.

That would solve your problem with the starting army

I even don't think that you really "need" a major city for hungary. Actually it's possible to play as Saxonia, Wurttemberg, Hannover or Westfalia (what I already did) and they have only 1 starting region with a minor city. It's hart to start like this, but with enough money so you can affort and upkeep a fullstack it's no problem for the player. As hungaryan player you can decide if you wish to fight with Austria against Poland, or to make a revolution against Austria, or to fight the Ottomans. There are enough big cities near to hungary (Italian states, Venice, Greece, Poland, Austria, Rumelia, Kiew, German states)
    Last edited by Lexandro81; May 15, 2010 at 06:10 AM.

Hi Xwhyzed - from memory it does not overwrite the unit queue restriction, i.e. if a building allows 2 then two can be built, as Lexandros says just make a "revolutionary militia" limit x recruitable only in Hungary that would resolve the issue.

Yes as long as you are using the correct Custom Campaign pack, alternatively change the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions setting in your MOD pack to a major

I still think that perhaps an answer would be to have a Prestige building for Hungary that would resolve the issues I believe

-

Hungary won't even have a problem with the university, cause you can build the "Székely milita". Give this unit an garrison bonus and with 6-8 Hungary will stay calm! -> Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Lexandro81 View Post
    Make a special unit like: "revolutionary Line Infantry" or "Hungaryan patriotics" with a limit of 10. So the player can have in 1 turn a halfstack to defend himself. You can make the same with Hussars like "Rákóczi's Hussars" with limit of 4. And a general unit with Rákóczi himself with limit 1.
    Yes I was thinking of that but as I stated:
    it will disrupt game balance later on since you can rebuild half of your army in only 1 turn

Eg: I make an army in 1 turn and then attack Vienna
    I lose but inflict heavy losses to the enemy army
    I can replenish my losses in 1 turn while he needs 3-4 turns to do the same

I am actually thinking about not having a major city mainly because modifying regions.esf bothers me

but at the moment I'm learning how to make unit roster and how to add new units

you could link the recruitment to a build level and that is it, once you upgrade that unit will no longer be recruitable

Hi Xwhyzed - from memory it does not overwrite the unit queue restriction, i.e. if a building allows 2 then two can be built, as Lexandros says just make a "revolutionary militia" limit x recruitable only in Hungary that would resolve the issue.

Yes as long as you are using the correct Custom Campaign pack, alternatively change the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions setting in your MOD pack to a major

I still think that perhaps an answer would be to have a Prestige building for Hungary that would resolve the issues I believe

-
    but making only 2 units/turn means it takes atleast 5 turns to create a reasonable 'starting army'

I don't really understand the reason to set units to 0 in the recruitment queue what diffference does it make in recruiting?
    they will only be ready next turn either I set it to 0 or 1
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; May 15, 2010 at 06:34 AM.

you could link the recruitment to a build level and that is it, once you upgrade that unit will no longer be recruitable

You will make both, Xwhyzed. In you Military governor's barracks you can recruit "revolutionary Line Infantry" or "Hungaryan patriotics" with a limit of 10. So the player can have in 1 turn a halfstack to defend himself. You can make the same with Hussars like "Rákóczi's Hussars" with limit of 4. And a general unit with Rákóczi himself with limit 1.

And in the Military governor's Academy this units can't be recruited any more. But the player gets there much better units like your:
    Székely milita
    Kökényesdi riflemen
    Royal Hungarian line infantry
    Hungarian granadiers
    Hungarian hussars
    Kurucz hussars
    etc.
    but all with normal recruitment (1 turn for a unit).

Now I think this will solve your problems

P.S.: If a unit is set to 1 in recruitment, than it's normal recruitment (in a military governor's barracks you can than recruit two units per turn). 2 is for Elite units in the game. And with 0 you can build 10 units in the same turn.
    Last edited by Lexandro81; May 15, 2010 at 06:38 AM.

Hungary won't even have a problem with the university, cause you can build the "Székely milita". Give this unit an garrison bonus and with 6-8 Hungary will stay calm! -> Problem solved
    Good idea I'll probably make a new unit for this purpose.

However if we go back to only having minor cities than the university is useless since u can't research anything in it because you don't meet the building requirements

However if we go back to only having minor cities than the university is useless since u can't research anything in it because you don't meet the building requirements
    Häh? Why? Wurttemberg and Rhineland and Savoy and many more have universities and are researching with them, too.

hence the experiment with a Prestige building for Hungary

Häh? Why? Wurttemberg and Rhineland and Savoy and many more have universities and are researching with them, too.
    but they can't research military technologys without barracks, naval board, canon foundry ...

I am happy to take a look at this afternoon re. Prestige option for Hungary

I am happy to take a look at this afternoon re. Prestige option for Hungary
    Thank you.

I am still puzzled with the creating a starting army fast problem:

"making only 2 units/turn means it takes atleast 5 turns to create a reasonable 'starting army'

I don't really understand the reason to set units to 0 in the recruitment queue what diffference does it make in recruiting?
    they will only be ready next turn either I set it to 0 or 1"

but they can't research military technologys without barracks, naval board, canon foundry ...
    But you won't stay for 100years in Hungary! Of course you will need to conquer other provinces and also major cities (Italian states, Venice, Greece, Poland, Austria, Rumelia, Kiew, German states). Just because Hungary starts as a minor nation it don't has to stay it forever