Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: [OUT OF DATE] Hungary Sub-mod v1.1

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: DMUC Hungary

it's only Hungary at the moment
    don't want to start implementing things to other startpos until I'v got everything sorted out

I'm trying to add starting armies at the moment, but not much luck because I want to do it without 'losing a turn' while making the hybrid startpos from a save game
    so I'v only copied army related lines but the army doesn't appear.

Noticed an intresting bug
    at the start everything is fine
    but after a turn the culture building in the major city automatically starts upgrading

That is interesting indeed. Do you know were the bug is coming from? It must have something to do with the building slots that were altered. That would be my guess.

The Army problem is a serious one for Hungary. As mentioned at the start of this post, Hungary started with a rebellion. An army is very hard to miss in a Rebellion. 'We rebell!, gather the army!", "What army?" "Wait, it was here a second ago..." If you know what I mean.

I'm sure you figure it out though. You have made tremendous progress the past few days.

Don't edit starting army. You'll get ctd. Maybe not at begining but later.

And don't edit Croatian stratpos, because update is coming next week. This 1.0 is old.

I don't think he is editing the starting army, but adding one. Because ungary isn't a present faction in DM, entirely new.

But now I say this... I believe I have seen Hungary spawning once. Can that be true and if so, would it be possible to play as Hungary and later on in the campaign have another Hungary spawning? (Dubble Hungary I'd like to see that!).

Quote Originally Posted by Michadon View Post
    I don't think he is editing the starting army, but adding one. Because ungary isn't a present faction in DM, entirely new.

But now I say this... I believe I have seen Hungary spawning once. Can that be true and if so, would it be possible to play as Hungary and later on in the campaign have another Hungary spawning? (Dubble Hungary I'd like to see that!).
    Yes, there is no starting army at the moment an that's a problem.

It's an emerging faction in game but there can't be 2 of it.

Thats good to hear, because it would be rather silly if there wer two Hungarys in the game... It would be nice however to have, for instance two Austria's, one is a republic and the other an absolute monarchy. That would be possible in reality, to some degree at least. But I think it is impossible to mod something like that. Just a fantasy of mine I guess.

Here I attached a beta version so you can test it if you want.

Added some starting armies with a temporary solution.

The culture building bug isn't fixed yet.

Install:
    copy conversion_patch.pack to .../Empire Total War/
    copy starptos.esf to .../Empire Total War/data/campaigns/DMUC_Cmain
    copy regions.esf to .../Empire Total War/data/campaign_maps/global_map

at the DMUC launcher edit the CC script and place mod conversion_patch.pack; to the first line

Be sure to Backup all your original files! you'll need to use the original regions.esf to play the other DMUC campaigns!

How it works ? Is it good ? I don't have time now to try it.

well it wokrs but no new units in it and it uses Austrias DMUC units
    I only played 5-10 turns with it
    trying to find solution for the starting army problem

I don't have time now either because of my Exams the next two weeks. Perhaps I have time somewere next week. I thank you for all your hard work +rep.

You need to test your mod at least 100 turns (1750.), and if you don't get ctd, mod works fine.

I t would be best to test it for a long (in-game)period, indeed til 1750 or even further. Just to be save.

Yes. Xwhyzed, don't release the mod until you test it with all new units, stratpos, pack....

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

We are working actually still on the Persian-Mod, hardcore testing the campaign and tweaking the last things. After we finished it would be a pleasure to help you. Till then you can still work on with your mod. Hungary has much potential for units and gameplay.

I only uploaded a beta release so you can try it out if you want to.

There are many issues bothering me at the moment inculding the fact that I had to edit the regions.esf file because now the mod isn't fully compatible with DMUC (if you change the file you can't start other DMUC campaign with it) possible solution is that I edit the startpos file of all DMUC campaigns so they would be compatible with the new regions.esf (that would mean making Transylvania a major city in every campaign).

The other thing is starting armies, which can only be created using a savegame creating an army in there and then modding it to be a startpos.esf.
    The problem with this is you have to end many turns in the saved game in order to create a proper sized army then you set the date back and the starting moneys of your faction. Needless to say this isn't a good solution since the other factions had already started to recruit units and upgrade building and setting all those things back for every region would take insane amount of time.

I'm trying to find a solution so that you only have to change the relevant lines between the saved game and the startpos.esf so changes wouldn't effect other factions.

Note that starting armies will also be a problem for the other Factions you/we want to expand (Mysore, Punjab ...etc)
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; May 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM.

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

Why are you spending so much time with this starting-units problem. I you don't find a solution than maybe you find some days later. Don't get wound up in searching to long. Wouldn't it be better to give hungary more starting money? So the player has some turns in which the player can decide which units he wants to recruit for his revolutionary army.

I would only change the startpos.esf. Cause this could be put at the end together with other mods. And it has to be DMUC compatible, no question.

You should decide which kind of units you want, you could find the historical pictures (of units an nobles, for the king and his ministers, too) and datas for this units. Than you ask good modders if they could help you. Much of this you had already done. So go on with your units roster. You don't want a copy of the austrian army

I agree with Lexandro. You should not get focused on this single problem. Perhaps you never find a solution. Perhaps you do but at some other time. I think that making a decent unit roster and finding names and pictures of ministers and kings is a better use of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexandro81 View Post
    Why are you spending so much time with this starting-units problem. I you don't find a solution than maybe you find some days later. Don't get wound up in searching to long. Wouldn't it be better to give hungary more starting money? So the player has some turns in which the player can decide which units he wants to recruit for his revolutionary army.

I would only change the startpos.esf. Cause this could be put at the end together with other mods. And it has to be DMUC compatible, no question.

You should decide which kind of units you want, you could find the historical pictures (of units an nobles, for the king and his ministers, too) and datas for this units. Than you ask good modders if they could help you. Much of this you had already done. So go on with your units roster. You don't want a copy of the austrian army

Because by default Hungary would start with no army (no units at all) so what if he gets attacked?
    In the tests in the 2-3. turn the Ottomans usually declared war to me and the Polish declared war to Austria (my protector) so I can choose to join Austria against Poland or decline the alliance and get attacked by Austria at the next turn.

You can recruit 2 units/turn so it would take many turns until the player could build up his army and actually do something in the game.

I have to change the regions.esf if I want a major city.
    If Hungary doesn't have a major city and no starting army then he would probably be killed in the first 5 turns of the game.

I'm not stuck at this problem, I'm multitasking
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; May 15, 2010 at 03:57 AM.