Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10355051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1244

Thread: NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS.....(last update 28/04/2012)

Default Re: NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS.....(last update 28/04/2012)

Downloaded the update from the link you provided me with, it cannot be installed due to a file which is missing from my computer,as the note stated. It says exactly this: Failed to lunch this programme because the file lua5.1.dlll is missing from your computer. Reinstalling the application may solve this problem.

What should I do about this?

Also,another question. Provided I manage to launch the mod and run it normally,when I save a game using the mo,do I always have to run the NTFs mod to play or for any saved games I can play them via the vanilla version of the game and original shortcut? For example,I choose hannover to play with. After I save the game and exit,the next time I want to run the same game,do I have to lunch the mod like this: Campaign>Single Player> All emergent(provided that was the choice I did when I 1st played that nation) or can I play the saved game directly launching the vanilla game?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorix View Post
    Downloaded the update from the link you provided me with, it cannot be installed due to a file which is missing from my computer,as the note stated. It says exactly this: Failed to lunch this programme because the file lua5.1.dlll is missing from your computer. Reinstalling the application may solve this problem.

What should I do about this?
    Of course you can install the update, just extract the archive in the steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\NTF folder and overwrite when prompted by clicking the "Yes" button.

Try verify game cache in Steam.

After that make sure you have the Steam Client running before launching the NTF launcher and once it appears you should hear music, Vangelis I think.

Also,another question. Provided I manage to launch the mod and run it normally,when I save a game using the mo,do I always have to run the NTFs mod to play or for any saved games I can play them via the vanilla version of the game and original shortcut? For example,I choose hannover to play with. After I save the game and exit,the next time I want to run the same game,do I have to lunch the mod like this: Campaign>Single Player> All emergent(provided that was the choice I did when I 1st played that nation) or can I play the saved game directly launching the vanilla game?
    I think so, but I am not sure since I never tried Hannover myself.

I doubt you can load a gamesave for Hannover in vanilla since Hannover, from what I understand, is an emergent nation and playing an emergent nation in NTW requires NTF.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Ok,will try it now. Until now,I was trying to lunch the application inside the update folder,now I see what I was doing wrong. Thank you for your help! Hopefully,I will not have any other issue.

You're welcome.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hello again!! Didn't work, Leonardo. Still getting crushed every time I load the game after the 1st time I play and I power off my computer. I really cannot understand what is the problem. I do exactly what the installation instructions say!! Am I the only one having problem running the mod?? Same happens with the greek mod and same happens with ETF mod!I am so dissapointed and sad!!

What do you meanby saying "the same thing happens with the Greek mod and ETF"?

I assume you mean this Greek mod with AOR and ETF are mods for ETW.

In all these cases, did you have Steam Client running before launching the mod launcher for each mod?

Another thing that's important is that some campaigns requires DLC for each game e.g Warpath DLC in ETF, Peninsula Campaign DLC in NTF.

Did you install the update for NTF 3.61?

Every time I launch a mod(either one of them),the steam client is opened automatically(shouldn't this be happening?) so I assume I run the mods through steam.

About the campaigns,I am aware of that,this is why I am not choosing these options.I have bought all DLCs except the Peninsula one and that is why I never choose it. Mostly,I play with emergent nations like Hannover,Hessen and Belguim and I have tried a couple of times to play with Bavaria and Wurtemberg. Never have I been able to play after I power off my computer.

Every time I launch a mod(either one of them),the steam client is opened automatically(shouldn't this be happening?) so I assume I run the mods through steam.
    What do you mean by Steam Client automatically opened?

If you mean by seeing a sort of a Steam window just flashing by when clicking on the campaign in the NTF launcher then it is normal.

However, if you don't mean that then you must have Steam Client running before launching the NTF launcher.

No. Mods does not run through Steam, but Steam is required to play NTW and NTF is a mod for NTW. The same thing also applies for ETW and playing ETW mods e.g ETF.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    What do you mean by Steam Client automatically opened?

If you mean by seeing a sort of a Steam window just flashing by when clicking on the campaign in the NTF launcher then it is normal.

However, if you don't mean that then you must have Steam Client running before launching the NTF launcher.

No. Mods does not run through Steam, but Steam is required to play NTW and NTF is a mod for NTW. The same thing also applies for ETW and playing ETW mods e.g ETF.

I meant the 1st option,so it is normal. Nvm,I am convinced that I willnever make it work,for some reason. Really cannot understand what I am possibly doing wrong

I meant the 1st option,so it is normal. Nvm,I am convinced that I willnever make it work,for some reason. Really cannot understand what I am possibly doing wrong
    Alright, I'll try to help you to get NTF working.

I think you need to remove NTF, so uninstall NTF and after you have done that find the NTF folder in the steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War folder and delete it.

Then verify game cache in Steam and launch NTW, just to check you start a new campaign, but if that doesn't help then uninstall NTW and reinstall NTW without installing mods.

Try that first before doing anything else.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the attached files

Everything you need is here. Make sure you download the NTF 3.61 patch and read how to install the patch.

Hello, i have a problem with this tool.
    I can't play the game in Campaign - Europe - All playable option. The game load correctly, untill i choose a faction, but when i click on start game, appear for a few of seconds the loading window, then the music stop and the game crash without any error message. This happen only when i play with all playable option and i choose any faction.

I tried to reinstall the tool and the game, but the problem is the same. I have not others mods installed. I tried even to lunch the tool with administration privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by oijij90ij View Post
    Hello, i have a problem with this tool.
    I can't play the game in Campaign - Europe - All playable option. The game load correctly, untill i choose a faction, but when i click on start game, appear for a few of seconds the loading window, then the music stop and the game crash without any error message. This happen only when i play with all playable option and i choose any faction.

I tried to reinstall the tool and the game, but the problem is the same. I have not others mods installed. I tried even to lunch the tool with administration privileges.
    Do you have the Steam Client running in the systray?

Yes, steam is running in the systray.

I got a message once I start NTF and I choose any campaign it says: "There are files in napoleon's data folder that belong neither vallina, or NTF mod, select ok to continue launching or cancel to return".

Quote Originally Posted by oijij90ij View Post
    I got a message once I start NTF and I choose any campaign it says: "There are files in napoleon's data folder that belong neither vallina, or NTF mod, select ok to continue launching or cancel to return".
    That message is harmless, just click Ok and NTW will be launched.

Btw, did you installed the NTF 3.61 update?

If not then download it and extract the archive into the <path>\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\NTF folder, overwrite all files when prompted.

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/fo...otal-factions/

Yes i have installed the update.

Then try to exit Steam and re-launch Steam before launching the NTF launcher.

After that try to start a new campaign via the NTF launcher, but remember you must have the required DLC for two campaigns and they are the Coalition campaign and the Peninsular campaign. Otherwise you'll get a CTD.