View Poll Results: Persue further action?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, take further action

3 33.33%
  • No, dismiss the case

6 66.67%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: DISMISS[Staff Infraction]Macky May 11, 2010

Default DISMISS[Staff Infraction]Macky May 11, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Senno
    Macky has been infracted for censor bypass. He seems to have repeated the comment that got him suspended by CDeC in the first place. Comment edited by me to protect the innocent.

If anything else is needed, do not hesitate to PM.

Senno

User: Macky
    Infraction: censor bypassing

Administrative Note:
    Macky

Message to User:
    Your comment on Lysasimuch's profile is a censor bypass as outlined in the ToS.

CdeC have removed it for a week as I called this guy a .
    I am issuing an infraction for censor bypass as a result.

You may appeal to the tribunal or Praetorium if you disagree with this action.

Any questions please do not hesitate to PM

Senno

***PM sent to user.
    Last edited by Empress Meg; May 11, 2010 at 04:33 PM.
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Default Re: [Referral]Macky May 11, 2010

Err, so I got back the following from Macky:

Quote Originally Posted by Macky
    Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Do we need to original bypass?
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I could see folks going either way on this. On the one hand, he perpetrated the same offense twice. On the other, he did so probably in response to a query about why his Citizenship was not active and did so in a medium, visitor messages, that are not as publicly scrutinized as posts and are intended for the recipient, whom he knows well enough. Personally I think a deletion would have more than sufficed and a reminder that visitor messages are public, given the fact that an 'innocent' would have had to go out of their way to view the bypass on Lysimachus' profile and it was being used as a (poorly approached) explanatory qualifier, which we allow for that purpose in discussion.

Had the same exchange occurred via PM we'd never have heard about it, nor should we care if we did assuming the recipient was indifferent, and visitor messages are pursued in much the same way as PMs, with the physical limitation that they're publicly viewable. This seems more a matter of lapse in judgment or utilization in a semi-private correspondence for explanation purposes than the alternative, which is an act of defiance, and as such I favor a Censure since I don't see this as an escalation of the previous occurrence.
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; May 12, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

And why do you suppose that this was issued solely on the basis of a new gent? I would have made the same call. As a matter of fact, consider that I made the call since I did have input on the matter. It is absolute madness to repeat the crime for whatever reason. He is a citizen and he knows better. To suggest that it was not meant to be seen -- that is what email and other off site contacts are for. Again Macky knows better.

As for his response to the Curator -- well I have know idea what I would have done, but the smilie probably is a good as anything. He got caught and there is nothing to add.

Since I will not be here to resolve this -- that is my opinion, but no comment on how I would vote.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

That comment was a non sequitur and was spoken in haste about a matter which does not wholly relate to this case, so I have removed it and apologize accordingly for initially appending it. I've modified my previous post to better reflect my position on the matter after having given this more thought. It comes down to whether or not this is seen as an act of defiance, a willful misstep given the personal medium, a lapse in judgment, etc. I'm not inclined to believe it was defiant or an escalation of his previous visit, and shall vote accordingly, but he clearly isn't doing himself any favors by perpetrating the same offense twice.

I'm wary of overly policing friendly visitor messages...

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

context is everything.

Alex asks, wtf happened to your citizenship
    Macky responds, CdeC have removed it for a week as I called this guy a ****

I don't see an issue here. He wasn't repeating the offence as such, he was giving an explanation to a question.

Dismiss

Trax's Avatar It's a conspiracy!

Frankly I don't find the censor bypass to be a serious crime at all.
    The powers to be have installed the censor but I have personally never approved it.
    Also, the incident didn't take place in the public forums.

On the other hand it is kind of stupid of him to get twice infracted for essentially the same thing.
    It comes even close to defying moderators and CdeC.
    So I find that he should be punished the same way as the last time.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

I'm with tBP on this one, he was explaining what he had done.

Dismiss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Trax's Avatar It's a conspiracy!

I'm with tBP on this one, he was explaining what he had done.
    What kind of excuse is this really?
    He could have explained it in many different ways without actually repeating the offence.
    What he did only shows arrogance in his side - defying both the mods and CdeC.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Trax View Post
    What kind of excuse is this really?
    He could have explained it in many different ways without actually repeating the offence.
    What he did only shows arrogance in his side - defying both the mods and CdeC.
    Granted that he could express it in a different way, however i still think that since he was answering a question he was merely stating what he had done.

The next question is about is about defiance. Do you really think he set out to defy us or did he just answer the question without considering that he was defying moderation or the CdeC? I'm more inclined to believe the latter.

Having said that, I can understand how you(or anyone else) can see him as defying moderation and CdeC, and I respect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

He full well knew that doing it again was breaking the ToS, there is no debate about that.

AL, the ToS applies to everywhere on the site, not just the public forums. If somebody gets an insulting visitor message, the person who sent said visitor message will be punished (depending on the severity of the case). Just because the rule has been broken on a slightly less public medium does not mean the rule doesn't apply to that part of the site. I don't see why it should be dismissed on that basis.

That said, his comment wasn't meant to be malicious. It was simply a reply to a query. But he knew he was breaking the rules, and really, there is no excuse for it.

What was this last case where he was suspended that y'all are talking about?

The Eagle Standard

Meg, do the CdeC polls really need to be hidden?

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

I didn't hide them, there's no period at the ends of them selections. I'll double check and make sure I ticked the correct boxes. I may have missed one, sorry about that.

Should be fixed now.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

PM sent, Public.

Devoirs The Empress
    Last edited by Empress Meg; May 18, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
    The Eagle Standard