Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play: Rise of Persia on Youtube

Default Re: Let's Play: Rise of Persia on Youtube

Which video is the Athens-battle one u guys keep talking about, ur all making me curious :o

nice videos add me on youtube !
    http://www.youtube.com/lucariusofsparta

Quote Originally Posted by Béset View Post
    Which video is the Athens-battle one u guys keep talking about, ur all making me curious :o
    yeah i also can't find it
    Last edited by Lucarius; July 25, 2010 at 07:37 AM.

CamilleBonparte's Avatar Senator

These videos made me download this mod.

it is a really good mod

Just caught up on the videos I missed. Good stuff. You ought to colonize distant lands, like the Crimean towns and maybe Rhodes and Cyprus.

Can you upload the save game of this campaign.It seems interesting and I would like to try it.

starting a Sparta campaign by yourself is much more fun

I also love the vids and amire the efforts, although I also have to admit that Greece is not the strongest point of the mod - the Near/Middle East with the great Empires duking it out is a far more diversified experience, especially concerning the loads of different units, while in Greece you don't have much but hoplites, as it should be historically. (my personal guess is that those all who want more units have not really explored the east of Greece...)

Anyway, you are doing a great job for us in terms of publicity, so have all the rep I can give!
    Ρέζου λογίου πελάτης (Client of the eloquent Rez)

Quote Originally Posted by FliegerAD View Post
    I also love the vids and amire the efforts, although I also have to admit that Greece is not the strongest point of the mod
    But they are the only factions using Democracy and Oligarchy. So the government thing is much more exciting and needs some care when playing them.
    And personally I like the reduced units. Only some different hoplits (including bodyguards) with minor supporting forces. As it should be and more important was so historically.

Quote Originally Posted by FliegerAD View Post
    the Near/Middle East with the great Empires duking it out is a far more diversified experience, especially concerning the loads of different units ... (my personal guess is that those all who want more units have not really explored the east of Greece...)
    Could be a reason.
    But it also takes some time and many territories to discover all those different units. In my persian campaign I conquered only Median towns at the beginning and some rebell territories to the north and east of the Persis. There you have not much difference except different colored units of persian/iranian style.
    It took wars against Babylon, Lydia or the Massagetes (and later Egyptian, Arabian, Indian, Skythian, Thracian or Greek territories) to find a huge variety of unique and different units.
    Last edited by Xerrop; July 27, 2010 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    But it also takes some time and many territories to discover all those different units. In my persian campaign I conquered only Median towns at the beginning and some rebell territories to the north and east of the Persis. There you have not much difference except different colored units of persian/iranian style.
    It took wars against Babylon, Lydia or the Massagetes (and later Egyptian, Arabian, Indian, Skythian, Thracian or Greek territories) to find a huge variety of unique and different units.
    You are right and this is also how it should be, although I wondered if the whole mechanics of Cyrus' rise to power over the Medes could be changed. Right now we are very easy on Herodotus, with two kingdoms colliding while it seems things were more complicated at the time. Simulating it more like a revolt, an Irianian struggle for dominance between two nobles and their followers we may get some more civil war feeling, but it would also give Cyrus some more provinces at the fringes of Iranian space and thus quicker access to other territories. It also might help balancing out his rise to power, which the AI almost never managed (at least as long I played it).
    But that's just some brain-stroming of mine, don't take it for an official plan. Let's see what the team thinks.
    Ρέζου λογίου πελάτης (Client of the eloquent Rez)

Hey all! After my unexpected summer hiatus, I have resumed playing and uploading my videos! Thanks for all the support!

CamilleBonparte's Avatar Senator

Welcome back infernocanuck, we missed you.

Btw, youtube now allows videos to run up to 15 minutes.
    "If History is deprived of the truth, we are left with nothing but an idle, unprofitable tale." - Polybius
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Hey There Infernocanuck

thanks for playing RoP again !
    really enjoying this videos, keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleBonparte View Post
    Welcome back infernocanuck, we missed you.

Btw, youtube now allows videos to run up to 15 minutes.

15 minutes you say? Horray!

Are you gonna do a campaign for Rise of Persia 3.0 ?

But of course I will! As soon as it comes out, I'll get my mits on it and start making videos!

Quote Originally Posted by infernocanuck View Post
    But of course I will! As soon as it comes out, I'll get my mits on it and start making videos!
    Well then I´m looking forward to see your first 3.0 campaign.

p.s. Hope they release ROP 3.0 this year.

aah i hope it so much !
    because i stopped playing RoP 2.0 but when 3.0 comes out i'll try it again

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I really can't say how long it is going to take, since there is no real plan on what we want. If someone comes up with an idea and everyone likes it, it just gets in.

So look at it this way: the longer it takes, the more unique the experience will be!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast