Thread: [UNRESOLVED] Can't get DMUC Launcher to start the game.

Icon9 [UNRESOLVED] Can't get DMUC Launcher to start the game.

The title pretty much describes my problem. Regardless of which campaign, and even after reinstalling twice, I cannot use the launcher to start the game. I can run normal ETW just fine from steam, but the DMUC Launcher just doesn't work.

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what I can do to get this working? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Can't get DMUC Launcher to start the game.

Hi NotDeadYet - welcome to the forums
    I believe a couple of guys have and if ETW vanilla works fine, and a DMUC re-install does not work they have had to re-download the DMUC as sometimes the download itself can be corrupted.
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

After doing a re-install from a newly downloaded copy of the mod, I'm still having the same problem. No matter what I do, clicking on button that should start the game does absolutely nothing other then make a nice button-clicked noise, regardless of which campaign I'm trying to start

Senator

Verify ETW with Steam and update to 1.6 if you have not done so yet ... otherwise DMUC won't work ...

No0dle

Today the same problem appeared for me, after I tried to add a mod to DMUC. Launcher stopped responding to a Start Campaign button even when I deleted the mod from the data and DMUC script. I couldn't even run vanilla.

Game reinstallation done the job.

Hi
    I have exactly the same problem like you described in the first post. I have already tried reinstalling both ETW and the mod (re-downloaded it just in case). Tips presented in troubleshooting thread didn't work.
    Could you write how did you get your dmuc running?

I use windows 7 and run everything as administrator.
    Any help appreciated

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

First welcome to all of you in our forum!

To get the mod running - follow the advise:

1) First delete the mod - there is a delete.exe in the C:/Program Files/ Steam/ steamapps/ common/ Empire Total War/ the black Darth head with the red cross! - 2xclick it!

2) After go to your Steam game screen and right click on ETW - a window pops up - go to Preference - another window pops up - go to Local - use the verify the local cache option - this may need some time!

3) After this is done start one time over the Steam ETW.exe - play one turn Vanilla

4) Now you are ready to install the mod - (best is a new download as your download may be corrupt - such happen!)

5) After follow the installation instructions (you need 7zip installed on your computer!) - click on the download and follow the instructions - now you are able to play!

Hope that helps you all to enjoy the mod!
    One hint - the on board sound-cards may produce issues as crashes! (into the motherboard integrated sound-cards!) - if that happen to you only a sound card upgrade helps!
    Cheers...and good luck to you...
    Last edited by Syntax; May 22, 2010 at 05:40 AM.

First of all, thanks for reply Syntax;
    I followed your instructions exactly, but I still can't get the mod running. When I start the "DM only" safemode, everything runs fine, but when i choose any other campaign, there is just this clicking sound and nothing happens. The same happens when I try opening any script file by launcher - just this clicking sound and nothing more.

I'm desperate to get dmuc running (after playing it for some time, vanilla looks like some kind of incomplete version ), but I have really no idea how to fix this problem.

It seems that I have some permanent "read only" attribute on users and script folders, can this be the reason why launcher doesn't work?

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

are you using mod manager or something like that?

No, I use the official DMUC launcher

when you start the launcher go to ultimate campaign/ultimate campaig (right until you can edit script)

now don't close the launcher but check C:\Users\(you username)\AppData\Roaming\Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    is there a user.empire_script.txt ? and if yes what is in it?

There is no user.empire_script.txt in the \scripts folder when I have launcher set on ultimate campaign. I copied this file to the folder (with line "mod darthmodlite.pack;" added), but it's not working..

Just to make sure, this isn't caused by windows 7 ? As I recall, dmuc ran flawlessly on xp

Quote Originally Posted by Radamos View Post
    There is no user.empire_script.txt in the \scripts folder when I have launcher set on ultimate campaign. I copied this file to the folder (with line "mod darthmodlite.pack;" added), but it's not working..

Just to make sure, this isn't caused by windows 7 ? As I recall, dmuc ran flawlessly on xp
    Is there a DMUC folder inside the scripts folder?

I have windows 7 64bit and it's running perfectly but maybe you have something enabled what I don't (windows 7 has so many protections)

It seems that for some reason the launcher can not copy the scripts to it's place.

Try to copy the attached file to the folder and start an Ultimate campaign (check if the copied file is still ther after you started the launcher).

Okay, that's another thing that's didn't work out... I'm starting to give up.
    But before this, I'm gonna ask: Do you have most of your folders and subfolders in C:\Users\ set with "read only" attribute?

My \roaming and \creative assembly folders have this enabled and i can't turn it off. I have no other idea what could be the cause of launcher not working.

Anyway, thanks for replies

Yes Windows shows them to be read only but they are not you (can edit them).

Still the problem has to be with the missing scripts in your \creative assembly folders
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; May 26, 2010 at 03:51 AM.

hi guys im really new to this, anyways i just downloaded DMUC 62 to 695 patch exe. i wanted to play this after i saw a couple youtube videos but it seems i cant find a laucher for this game. i keep looking i cant seem to find one and wen i try to run the patch it says this verison is not compaitable with the verision i am running i am on a ASUS Notebook U50F series and the prcessor is Intell (R) COre (TM) i3 and 4GB of ram

hello,

you have to download and install DMUC 6.2 before the 6.95 patch

that should work

The Cap

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Moved to DM Support.

Also, as a polite word of advice, it is much better to make a new thread for support issues