Thread: [SOLVED] CTD during battles

Default [SOLVED] CTD during battles

I know this title has been written in every mods forum at least once, sorry for it, but it really bugs me.

I've got some (in my eyes) random ctd's when fighting battles. Every aspect of my pc is good enough, got the latest drivers as well.

I installed Empire, got the newest patches and several DLC's (units of the west, east and Warpath) and then installed DMUC with its patch right on top of it. graphic settings are way below of what my PC could handle...

any ideas of what the problem could be?
    Its actually for my brother, as I've played an earlier version of Darth's long ago. I want him to enjoy the game with this awesome mod, but its not possible like that...

looking forward to any suggestions or hints!

thanks,
    Hambi

by the way; are the indians (American natives) meant to disappear when none of your units is near? cant see them and cant attack them. I only see the smoke from their firing... maybe this has something to do with it?
    Last edited by Hambi; July 19, 2011 at 01:58 AM.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: CTD during battles

Hi Hambi, - random CTD's have been a feature of ETW since the beginning, sometimes they are engine related, sometimes not.

I would always keep an eye on the graphics card temp., even on low settings personally I use EVGA precision but there are a number of free utilities around.

Are the CTD's in Campaign battles, or battle tests - if in campaign can you re-create in a test battle the two sides settings and see if the CTD happens again. If so please post a screenshot of the units on each side so I can take a deeper look.

Indians, have the ability to hide in grass so it can make them quite difficult to nail down until they are on top of you, normally only a problem in early game as after that better units, numbers tend to stack against them
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

thanks for your answer hammered! no CTDs in campaign map at all. only in big battles. made some changes on the settings (launcher and graphics), now the same battle does not crash at all. in fact, he's been playing some more battles and no CTDs so far. I think it was a little mistake by me in the launcher settings!

thanks again!

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi Hambi - no probs., I tweak the settings before battle sometimes as well, just in case
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Moved to DM Support, solved and locked.

Please pm either myself or Hammeredalways if you would like this reopened.