Thread: Data Error 11FD

Default Data Error 11FD

Hello guys,

When trying to install DMUC - 6.0 it always first gets stuck on "DMUC CleanUp.bat" and then I get this error:

What is also weird, is whenever I use the "Verify Game Integrity" option in steam with E:TW, it fails to authenticate all the files, and just redownloads the entire 16gb. I've had this happening a lot of times over the past few days.

I have redownloaded both the E:TW game files and the DMUC 6.0 Full Installer several times, and each time it gave me the same result.

My system specs are:
    CPU: Core i7-930
    Gfx: EAH 4870 1gb
    RAM: 6gb Triple Channel

Thanks in advance,

Regards Don

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Data Error 11FD

Hi DonDOOm - welcome to the forums

can you play ETW vanilla game ok, the DMUC will need the vanilla game to be working and verified otherwsie you will get a conflict.

If you have issues with ETW I would suggest a full uninstall of ETW then re-load and patch, once ok then install the DMUC
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Yeah, I can play E:TW vanilla without a problem, even after failing to install the mod, the game works fine.

Also the "Uninstall - DMUC" in the game directory doesn't work for me.

Hi DonDOOm - try the attached version, you will need 7-zip to then install the file.

Then try the DM MOD first ans ee if you can run that
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

I also suggest you have windows run a scan disk on your hardrive, just to make sure your not see harddrive issues

that steam thing sounds suspious

hip63

Hi Don,

Exact same error I was getting earlier today - almost...
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=356634
    ---mine passed the steam validation test...
    ---same issue with the un-install not working...

I found that the problem only occurred if I tried to move the installer from one location to another...
    I just downloaded the complete version for the third time today - left it exactly where I downloaded it - then executed the installation right from that location...
    That seemed to work for me...
    I can't imagine why I can't copy/move it...

Best of luck...

Regards,
    Scott

First off let me say thank you for your hard work with these DMUC mods, they are fantastic as i played a version about 5 months ago. Upgraded my computer and now ive come back to Empire and DMUC.

Unfortunately im getting the same problem as Don Doom.
    Indentical problem in fact, ive read other peoples posts and tryed all suggestions and nothing.
    Take into consideration ive just installed the game let steam update itself and then i downloaded the DMUC 6.

Data Error 11FD.

Ive even downloaded from 2 of the different sites linked for DMUC 6.
    Now ive blown through 75% of my gig limit, got two DMUC 6 files and both give same result.
    Its such a shame because ive tasted DMUC before and i dont want to play vanilla, especially now ive got a computer that can handle the mod well.
    Don did you ever get it to install?
    Any advice that could help would be appractied, Cheers.

Hi Yetti - welcome to the forums and lets hope that Don can let you know his fix. Did also try Hips suggestion further up the thread re. harddisc

Hi Hammer, i havnt done a HD scan as yet, but to be honest all other software runs fine and its a brand new HD, yet i wil give it a go.
    If its any help the installer hangs for a few seconds at 92% DMUC.cleanup.bat..... Then comes the data error screen as above in Don's post.

Any news with this bug, ive downloaded this from yet another site only to get the same old Data Error 11FD.
    Jesus christ cant anybody help, im sure that the maker knows what this means.
    What the hell is wrong with my Data.exe. ????????????
    Is this mod for steam downloaded Empire? As i bought my version on DVD from a shop.

Hi Yetti - my game is a retail purchase game. Is your game patched through Steam?, to the latest patch 5?

there is a torrent download as well unless you have already tried it

The error code is a common error across a number of software packages normally indicating a corrupt download or something else, normally local hardware. I have added some googled comments that may assist you, there are lots of others

This is usually an indication of a corruption in the initially downloaded files or in the extracted installer. If this is the case, flush your browser cache, and redownload using the Flight 1 Downloader to try and guarantee the integrity of your downloaded files.

It can also be caused by faulty memory on your PC. Run a memory test tool like MemTest (
    http://www.memtest86.com) to see if this is the case.

Finally, a virus/malware scanner may be causing the problem.

If you continue to have problems after multiple downloads... Please don't make the mistake I did. I thought that it was not on my end and at very last, did a complete mem test, to find out that all of my 4gigs of memory was failing. Once I replaced it, I had no problems at all...
    Reference this thread.

http://www.memtest.org/

Don't drive yourself, or anyone else for that matter crazy, like I did. I was lucky enough that I found all my memory to be trashed, replaced it, and had no problem at all...
    http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=28151
    Last edited by ♔hammeredalways♔; June 03, 2010 at 06:05 AM.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

try using another video card driver latest one or maybe an older

OK thanks for a quick response, ill try downloading it again using that Flight 1 Downloader.
    It could be my pathetic ISP which is TPG because of the constant dropouts i get and being a large file maybe there is an issue there.
    As for my hardware ie faulty ram i cant see it, why.... well i play many games all of which are just as if not more power hungry than empire and dont have a hiccup running 6GB of corsair XMS triple channel, this is good ram not some crap from a IT backyarder.
    If there was a ram problem wouldnt effect all games.....err yes it would.
    As for drivers using the latest ATI 10.5 why would drivers affect it?...i cant even install the mod, it runs fine in the vanilla mode.
    A new ISP is needed i think.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
    OK thanks for a quick response, ill try downloading it again using that Flight 1 Downloader.
    It could be my pathetic ISP which is TPG because of the constant dropouts i get and being a large file maybe there is an issue there.
    As for my hardware ie faulty ram i cant see it, why.... well i play many games all of which are just as if not more power hungry than empire and dont have a hiccup running 6GB of corsair XMS triple channel, this is good ram not some crap from a IT backyarder.
    If there was a ram problem wouldnt effect all games.....err yes it would.
    As for drivers using the latest ATI 10.5 why would drivers affect it?...i cant even install the mod, it runs fine in the vanilla mode.
    A new ISP is needed i think.

I found the driver problem on forums
    many people complained about the same error when trying to install different games and sometimes using another version of the video driver solved the issue.

equally when reviewing threads in other games several people had memory issues which the poster in the italics has indictated.

Generally it would seem the most common is a corrupted download, followed by a hardware issue of which the most common two are RAM and Video issues.

Re. the RAM as you say it could well be ok, I cited it as a common issue, and many posters have reported being able to play many games whilst having issue with installing another, and were surprised that when they ran the mem tests their RAM failed, so it seems that is a real possibility
    Last edited by ♔hammeredalways♔; June 03, 2010 at 07:17 PM.